• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers

Guest jtang

Guest kepiting1sg

YEN96 wrote:

that time u ask me to check some rims, is this the one ?? or the staggered rims ??

AMG Front Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 468

AMG Rear Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 469

u still need the Rear tray/box - A212 680001 09051

i only got kantow for brand new and need to give me part number to check.

9362 3352

Let's not OT from this thread!....hehehe

U can pm me the rims prices.

Have to be cheaper lah!

Boot tub C&C slightly cheaper than U some more....hehehe!...sorry!:hand:

For the rear "Comfort Box" - Got it "cheap" - my fren from UK sending it to me + AMG carpets + used Audio 20 HU c/w 5.8" LCD display with bracket for the W212.

Again we shall stop the OT here and U pm me the prices for the rims.

Can afford, I buy! :becky:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been 3 weeks since I last changed the new wipers & faithfully applying the autoglym glass polish every week. Happy to report that it's working fine so far. Somehow applying the polish doesn't feel like a chore so long as the wipers do not judder.

Guest kepiting1sg

jtang wrote:

It's been 3 weeks since I last changed the new wipers & faithfully applying the autoglym glass polish every week. Happy to report that it's working fine so far. Somehow applying the polish doesn't feel like a chore so long as the wipers do not judder.

Dun polished too much ....wait the glass get thinner....muahahaha!

Good for U! :becky:

Guest DIY_merc

kepiting1sg wrote:

Dun polished too much ....wait the glass get thinner....muahahaha!

Good for U! :becky:

autoglym works ! Use it on Sunday no juddering wipers for the past few rainy days liao :bounce:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg

www888 wrote:

tried autoglym glass polish, unfortunately didn't work for me

After Autoglym, have U try on a new pair of wipers?

IMHO

If it has been juddering badly before or the wipers are > 6 mths old - best to change them.

Guest DIY_merc

kepiting1sg wrote:

After Autoglym, have U try on a new pair of wipers?

IMHO

If it has been juddering badly before or the wipers are > 6 mths old - best to change them.

Seah: which brand/model and where to get at good price ?

www888 wrote:

tried autoglym glass polish, unfortunately didn't work for me

I agree with kepiting that you'll need a new pair of wipers together with the autoglym for best results. But be prepared to repolish every week to maintain smooth wipes. You'll need to clean the wiper blades with the autoglym too

Guest kepiting1sg

DIY_merc wrote:

Seah: which brand/model and where to get at good price ?

Hi Lee,

Listen to Bro JTang - Stock is best!

Check out Goldenlink Auto as suggested.

Or get Bro Norman to get it for U from C&C parts.

Guest lightning

jtang wrote:

There are several outlets...the ones that i go to are at Waterloo St & Sin Ming Autopoint. You can google it's address.

They have another outlet at Kaki Bukit...see below :whistle:

goldenlink.png

Guest heavenknows

jtang wrote:

I agree with kepiting that you'll need a new pair of wipers together with the autoglym for best results. But be prepared to repolish every week to maintain smooth wipes. You'll need to clean the wiper blades with the autoglym too

Aiyah, Bro.. I tried the autoglym and it only work for a while. After like 5mins, the wipers started to judder again. Do you have to use a lot??

I think I know your problem well...do you use the auto wipe (rain sensor) feature always? I find this feature in our Merc to be the worse amongst all the cars that I had owned before. It just doesn't read rain condition well...inconsistent is the word. Slow to react when the rain droplets are already blocking the view, & too fast when it's just a slight drizzle. Anyway, back to the problem...I find that if you use low speed continous wipes instead of auto wipes, the juddering stops. I think this may have something to do with the motors. For slight drizzle, use manual wipes by pressing the stick. Try it!

For Autoglym, I use rather generously after every downfall or every week if there's no rain.

Guest heavenknows

jtang wrote:

I think I know your problem well...do you use the auto wipe (rain sensor) feature always? I find this feature in our Merc to be the worse amongst all the cars that I had owned before. It just doesn't read rain condition well...inconsistent is the word. Slow to react when the rain droplets are already blocking the view, & too fast when it's just a slight drizzle. Anyway, back to the problem...I find that if you use low speed continous wipes instead of auto wipes, the juddering stops. I think this may have something to do with the motors. For slight drizzle, use manual wipes by pressing the stick. Try it!

For Autoglym, I use rather generously after every downfall or every week if there's no rain.

Hey... you read my mind!! Yeah, the autowipe programming sucks! Somehow it mis-reads the intensity of the rain.

OK, let me try your suggestion. And I shall also be more generous with the Autoglym.

Thanks, man!!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned about Rainaway... no one has tried it? I have used it for 2 months and the result is rather disappointing. My wipers were new and didn't judder. However, after applying the product thru First Auto Ventures, the wipers started to judder. Despite going back them 3 times to rectify, the problem is still there. Going back this weekend to get them working on the windscreen again....

A generous coating of Armour-All on the wiper blades and no juddering ! Woots no messy polishing of windscreen just 1 application once a week after my car wash and the wipers are nice n smooth.

rssid wrote:

A generous coating of Armour-All on the wiper blades and no juddering ! Woots no messy polishing of windscreen just 1 application once a week after my car wash and the wipers are nice n smooth.

What Armour-all product is this? For windscreen?