• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers

Guest jtang

Guest st8800

I tried the autosol method but it actually worsen my problem. Initially when my wipers started to judder, I went to C & C and bought a new set. After that, the juddering was much less. However, after reading all the success of autosol from brothers here, I tried it out.

Sad to say... the juddering got much much worse. Now I dunno what to do short of breaking the damn windscreen and pay the $100 excess. lol

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jtang

Sounds workable if the sandpaper is superfine in texture....don't want to get scratches on the glass. The Autosol metal polish is harsh for paintwork but ok for glass. Both work on the same principle of removing the tough layer on the glass.

Guest Clear Vision

Use "Clay". Same Claying method like you polish your car with lots of water.

I use Soft99 Clay (blue or white or green colour all can), After "claying" my car, i use the same clay to polish the windscreen.

Guarantee Works!!!! been using for many years and NEVER change wiper before.

PS: If Dont work, Throw Clay away.....Hahahaha

Hi All ,

I have an old remedy and it works for me everytime . Sounds cheap but useful . crush a piece of newspaper , just like making it into a ball , wet the ball and press hard on the windscreen just like doing hard polishing . Round and round . Man with a big tummy will have a great time working out . But not advisable for ladies . Haha ... Ok . Jokes aside . That really works for me . If any ladies gonna try this , find a carpark with lesser ppl if u don't want those "teeko" staring at you while you're working on the windscreen !

::shocked:

:bathbaby:

rmjunior wrote:

Have you guys tried the 3M "sandpaper" for cleaning windscreen. It worked for me. Cost less than $5 for Autobac. However , not sure if its still available?

Yes, still available at Autobac or Stamford Tyres; clean windscreen once a mth, it worked for me too!

Guest st8800

jtang wrote:

bro, did you scrub hard to remove the tough layer on the glass? After that use Jif home detergent with green gauze to remove the oily stains from autosol.

Bro... give up liao... went to Autobacs and paid $68 for their spa treatment today. Initial test with hose water looks positive. Now waiting for rain test. :becky:

Dunno why... if can solve this problem... like strike lottery. :fish:

Guest mushigen

Most of the car online forums have many members advising against using RainX. I have been wondering how come RainX continues to be available - in facelift packaging no less.

If there are no buyers, surely there will be no sellers? Or is some kind of opium where once a user starts using, he will have to continue using it or be punished with having juddering wipers?

mushigen wrote:

Most of the car online forums have many members advising against using RainX. I have been wondering how come RainX continues to be available - in facelift packaging no less.

If there are no buyers, surely there will be no sellers? Or is some kind of opium where once a user starts using, he will have to continue using it or be punished with having juddering wipers?

There are pro and con regarding this product . I use it on my windows and rear screen . Its very useful .

Guest kepiting1sg

6008 wrote:

There are pro and con regarding this product . I use it on my windows and rear screen . Its very useful .

Bro mushigen - pls read above carefully - Windows & Rear Windscreen only not front windscreen.....hehehe! :becky:

Guest blackmercs

mushigen wrote:

Give it a try and u will know why the ppl here advising against using this product for FRONT WINDSCREEN.

• 1 month later...
Guest io5885

Bollow thread a bit..

juz bought a set of W204, 2009 model wipers (made in Belgium) from Tye Soon at Toh Guan for $66.35 wif GST on 13th Friday (not too black but rainy).. :rain:

sharing info with C's bros...

wonder how much it cost in 'see n see' paradise :music:

Guest Sanjay

io5885 wrote:

Bollow thread a bit..

juz bought a set of W204, 2009 model wipers (made in Belgium) from Tye Soon at Toh Guan for $66.35 wif GST on 13th Friday (not too black but rainy).. :rain:

Rain X works.. am a loyal user... when it rains heavily, its a blessing in disguise... besides in light rain no need to use wipers and the drops of water simply fly in the wind.

Guest jtang

io5885 wrote:

Bollow thread a bit..

Bro, Goldenlink is selling the wipers for about $60. Tye Soon has ripped you off IMO. C&C lagi worse...$85.

Guest io5885

i find dat our windscreen has a pretty good cut.

juz clean it well and it will oso hv the effect of rainwater beading up n rolling off.. :becky:

Tye soon realli more exp ah... sianz :tsk:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest taptapdude

how to polish wipers?

bull_terrier wrote:

Thats good Bro. I changed a new set of wipers...after a few days, the judders came back. Thats why resorts to get them polished.

Guest taptapdude

jtang wrote:

Bro, Goldenlink is selling the wipers for about $60. Tye Soon has ripped you off IMO. C&C lagi worse...$85.

paid 127 for wipers at autospritze 2 weeks ago!

Guest blackmercs

jhun_4040 wrote:

:Cry: i also...

Is ok bro, when I m a car newbie also kena left & right from workshop. That's why I join car Forum, there is pro (knowledge) & con (mods)!!