• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204: Upgrade or Mod List

Guest ehwwong

Guest NewC180

this seems a good buy, but than no international shipping la...

no international shipping can be solved easily using vpost services. for usa sellers that gives free shipping to usa destinations, using vpost can save quite a lot on shipping costs.

the bidding 3 more days to go, somemore got reserve, i'm sure the price will shoot up a lot, but i think will still be worth it lor...

now just waiting for Unker to confirm on LHD and RHD compatibility.

Unker Unker where are you??? don't tell you you started your _ __ marathon again??

Guest NewC180

wong ah, ma tu liao, hoot US$100 bucks, sure can get di. Bi xenon wor, where to find so cheapo!!! Better than my cheapo HID lobang!!!

I think can hit easily USD300!! Let's watch and see.

Ah Wong, ebay bidding only 1 item la.. how to GB??

no international shipping can be solved easily using vpost services. for usa sellers that gives free shipping to usa destinations, using vpost can save quite a lot on shipping costs.

the bidding 3 more days to go, somemore got reserve, i'm sure the price will shoot up a lot, but i think will still be worth it lor...

Unker Unker where are you??? don't tell you you started your _ __ marathon again??

I hope vpost have polished up their services. I've lost some items via vpost b4 so please beware!!! too many thieving hands.Prefer to pay abit more for fedex nowadays if the rate is within reason.

Guest kinky74

brothers... i check out the parts.com liao..

the headlamp bi-xenon assembly almost 1.2k for EACH... i doubt US$300 will meet the reserve.

the reserve is somewhere stated at parts.com.....so its not going to be cheap bro

Guest kepiting1sg

Can't stand our poisoning lio har? hahahahaha...

Jokes aside, if LHD and RHD headlights are interchangeable, then this ebay item is worth watching, such items are hard to come by..

Calling Encik 6 jam!!!! Please give us your expert advice!!!

phone.gif...wei! wei wei!!!... hp.gif...haloooo!!!

Got people call me arh?????....wei! wei!!! wei!!! phone.gif

encik 6 jam, inches >6.5.....muahaha ;D

IMHCCBO & limited Rp2 of knowledge - I was told that LHD & RHD got slight diff.....I was told hor.....not that I knew....heheheh...wrong...not guilty as charged ;D

In our normal RHD car, the original xenon lamp on the left side shine & illuminate a little more to the left side of the road

while those driving on the wrong side of the road or LHD, the lamp on the right side shine & illuminate more to the right side of the road.

This I was told for safety reasons at night if people ahead are about to cross the road or to illuminate road signs on the side of the road.

Please confirm above statement from "qualified professionals"

Xenon bulb have no filament unlike our halogen bulbs which can have Hi-Lo beam filaments.

Most aftermarket especially for H4 Hi-Lo so call Xenon works on a plunger or flipping a shield to creat the Hi-Lo Beam effect.

On the original Bi-Xenon for the MB, they are equipped with auto-levellers and the projector lens are tilted slightly up to create the high beam when the high beam is actuated.

So I believe these original set of Bi-Xenon should have the auto-levellers in built in them and better check with the workshop here they can installed them without much problem. I don't think these lamps are for RHD car.

LTA on H.I.D

*************************************************************************************

The use of HID headlamps/whiter headlamp bulbs is a technological trend in the automotive industry. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has allowed HID headlamps to be fitted on vehicles because such headlamps have been used worldwide and they are purpose-built by vehicle manufacturers to ensure that they are safe. Like other headlamps, HID headlamps must comply with the relevant safety standards and be properly installed and aligned.

HID headlamps are more energy efficient and can improve the visibility of drivers as compared with standard halogen lamps. A motorist using a HID lamp system is able to see up to 100 metres to the front of the vehicle, compared to about 58 metres with standard halogen lighting.

hid_headlamps.MainPar.0025.Image.gif

With the increasing trend on the use of HID headlamps, there has been feedback from motorists that such headlamps are brighter and tend to cause glare. In an attempt to reduce the propensity of glare caused by HID headlamps to other road users, some vehicle manufacturers have incorporated an auto-levelling feature, which automatically adjusts the headlamp angle and direction based on road and driving conditions.

With effect from 1 January 2010, LTA will require all newly registered vehicles, except motorcycles, fitted with HID headlamps to be equipped with an auto-levelling feature.

*****************************************************************************************

Guest kepiting1sg

Finally the SEXPERT has spoken!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What have you been busy with???

Bro Ah Heng,

Busy????

Kenna black widow poison for cheapo mods.... :death:

Unker has been trawing the net for cheapo mods....hehehehe!!!! ;D

Going to get some Philips 6K H.I.D H7 set for my high beam.

Can't stand the current blueish color Philip Diamond Vision H7.

For sale if anybody wants - only 3 weeks old - $45 nia.

Just got myself original MB rear windscreen blind & MB boot drawer.

They have also for the side windows - thought it will only be useful if going to MY often.

MB Part # B66691112

3544747513_fed74bd697.jpg?v=0

MB Part # B66472104

3544747509_5a3f24f143.jpg?v=0

Guest daywalker

Kepiting1sg ]

Finally the SEXPERT has spoken!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What have you been busy with???

Bro Ah Heng,

Busy????

Kenna black widow poison for cheapo mods.... :death:

Unker has been trawing the net for cheapo mods....hehehehe!!!! wrote:

3544747513_fed74bd697.jpg?v=0 [/img]

MB Part # B66472104

3544747509_5a3f24f143.jpg?v=0

Hi, me interested in the blind. Is it electronic and if so, who installed it for you? Thanks!! Oh, and how much ;D

Guest NewC180

Unker, me interested in the blinds also leh, please provide more info! Also info on rear side blinds if you have.

I asked CnC before, electronic one for rear cost 2k!!!

Guest NewC180

I hope vpost have polished up their services. I've lost some items via vpost b4 so please beware!!! too many thieving hands.Prefer to pay abit more for fedex nowadays if the rate is within reason.

Hi g8crasher, how long ago was it when vpost lost your items? did you managed to make any claims? I've been using them lately, you make me worried leh.... please share your sexperience experience. Danke!

Guest bbwannabe

Kepiting1sg ]

IMHCCBO & limited Rp2 of knowledge - I was told that LHD & RHD got slight diff.....I was told hor.....not that I knew....heheheh...wrong...not guilty as charged wrote:

...[/i]

yeah... i think it is true. cause last time when i owned another car. i noticed that the lights were not balanced. that one is higher (left) than the other. so i went to ask around, all gave the same answer. made sense to me anyway. =)

Hi g8crasher, how long ago was it when vpost lost your items? did you managed to make any claims? I've been using them lately, you make me worried leh.... please share your sexperience experience. Danke!

I've not used vpost for about 9 mths. My old hobby was trading in collectible toys & memorabilia so I thought vpost would save me quite abit of money!

I thought they were pretty reliable UNTIL a few of my items took damn long to arrive or simply went missing. It was a complete set of figurines from Maurice Sendak's Where The Wild Things Are. I was FUMING. They gave me excuses saying item got mis-placed etc. Insurance doesn't cover any of this BTW. Only if the carrier sinks or the plane crashes then you will get a limited refund.

2nd time was when I bought a watch. THEY FOOKIN DELIVERED IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. Singapore leh !!

I believe they were in some transitional stage when I last used them. Perhaps that's the reason for the cock up.

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker, me interested in the blinds also leh, please provide more info! Also info on rear side blinds if you have.

I asked CnC before, electronic one for rear cost 2k!!!

Yes! The blinds are manual and they include rear windscreen, both rear side windows and front side windows.

These are originals from MB and have their MB part numbers.

IMHCCO They are cheap but the seller charges helluva lot for shipping.

He said free shipping to Germany, so I bought the 2 items and instructed him

to send to my colleague in Germany and fly in with my company material & components.

U guys go & check with the seller the availability of the blinds & other original MB accessories for your W204.

I paid Eur 70.00 for the rear blind with free shipping in Germany.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310110970549

Good luck man!