• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hello and a 1st Merc owner soon!

Have been driving hatchback and saloon sedans all these while..abit not used to crossovers..especially the turning to narrow and sharp bend...very stress...probably due to the long and broad front bonnet... :|

plus its BRAND NEW just out from the oven....  :lol:  :lol:

After driving for 3 days..notice the followings:-

1) Safety feature 1 - When you turn on the LCD screen panel to access to radio etc when driving halfway, it does not allow you to play around with the functions as it wants you to focus on your driving. I wanted to change to other radio FM but it does not allow me..therefore have to stick to the last FM I listened. However, i can only play around with the functions the moment i start the engine. I guess as long as the car is in "D" or "R"..you cannot meddle with all these.

2) Safety feature 2 - I have the tendency to open my door to look back when reverse parking to ensure the bumper does not hit the kerb/pillar etc as I dun really trust rear cameras.. For this car, when I open the door when reverse parking, the gear immediately changes to "P" which disallows me to continue reversing.

3) Issue - Any bros/sis encounter a low "wop" sound at the rear shock absorber when going over hump?

Hey bro, you added the "roundish-blind-spot" mirror yourself right? Also, did you get the 3D car mat? CnC still owes me those 3D car mats.. :P I see you turned on those "disco" welcome lighting as well... :D :D

Yes bro, added that blind spot mirror myself..have been used to using that all the while..oh I din get any 3D car mat leh..my SE nv give me..

Haha...oh the welcome lighting ah...I almost forgot I got that..can't really notice leh....even the ambience lighting also...I nv take note too

After driving for 3 days..notice the followings:-

1) Safety feature 1 - When you turn on the LCD screen panel to access to radio etc when driving halfway, it does not allow you to play around with the functions as it wants you to focus on your driving. I wanted to change to other radio FM but it does not allow me..therefore have to stick to the last FM I listened. However, i can only play around with the functions the moment i start the engine. I guess as long as the car is in "D" or "R"..you cannot meddle with all these.

2) Safety feature 2 - I have the tendency to open my door to look back when reverse parking to ensure the bumper does not hit the kerb/pillar etc as I dun really trust rear cameras.. For this car, when I open the door when reverse parking, the gear immediately changes to "P" which disallows me to continue reversing.

3) Issue - Any bros/sis encounter a low "wop" sound at the rear shock absorber when going over hump?

1. U can save radio stations preset in the dial buttons?

2. More reverse parking practice should be fine. Ha.

3. Dun experience this.

When is the ride coming bro? Red GLA too? :)

I think will be on the road within this month. It is a white amg line. I bring in myself. Had already submitted all the necessary documents to LTA, pending their approval then can go inspection. The whole process from the moment car landed in Singapore, custom clearance, submit documents and finally inspection, takes about 3 months plus

• Like 1

I think will be on the road within this month. It is a white amg line. I bring in myself. Had already submitted all the necessary documents to LTA, pending their approval then can go inspection. The whole process from the moment car landed in Singapore, custom clearance, submit documents and finally inspection, takes about 3 months plus

I want a taxi ride!!

• Like 1

I see! Hope to see your new ride soon!! :)