• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hello and a 1st Merc owner soon!

Hi everyone

Saturnz17 aka Ed here! 

Just traded in my Hyundai Veloster last month and currently waiting for my Jupiter Red GLA180!

According to my SE, I should be able to collect my new ride by mid August.

Hope to get to know more about you guys here and of cos during meetups as well! 

:)

Haaa. This new "german wife" sure is costly.  

Mid August delivery is fast. All your best in your COE bidding. Me have to wait five months.

Haha...but a damn gorgeous wife!

I already secured my COE bidding few months ago bro, Mid August to collect! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to C&C over the weekend to look for my SE for payment and he told me my ride will be ready by early next week! Can't wait man!

I even requested to testdrive one more time before collection! As my previous rides were either jap or Korean, was abit not used to the gear/function etc..

Can bros here advise me on this...? Sorry for the noob questions

1) When shift the gear lever, do I need to depress brake?

2) There is this function where when the car is stopping at traffic junction, the power will be cut off. Then when traffic light turns green and you step the accelerator, the power on again. Is there an option to turn off this function?

3) After you have "Parked" (P) your car, the handbrake will auto turn on. When you wana drive off, my SE told me just depress accelerator lightly and the handbrake sign will auto off. Again, is there an option to deactivate this function? Can manually press on and off the footbrake?

1) When shifting between different drive modes, it will be a good habit of always keeping your foot on the brakes. I believe from D to N, and N to D, you don't need to press the brakes.

2) This is Eco Mode. There is a button to switch it off if you do not want to use it, but it is turned on by default overtime you start the engine. You can visit our site sponsor EleBest to disable the function.

3) I don't think theres a way to disable it, again you can try consulting with EleBest on this. Most of us gets used to the function after awhile.

Anyway congrats, and post pictures of your ride!

• Like 1

1) When shift the gear lever, do I need to depress brake?

2) There is this function where when the car is stopping at traffic junction, the power will be cut off. Then when traffic light turns green and you step the accelerator, the power on again. Is there an option to turn off this function?

3) After you have "Parked" (P) your car, the handbrake will auto turn on. When you wana drive off, my SE told me just depress accelerator lightly and the handbrake sign will auto off. Again, is there an option to deactivate this function? Can manually press on and off the footbrake?

hey Saturnz17,

Congratz!! Do share some pix upon collecting your ride....  

also a newbie here and collected my ride last weekend .. will try to throw in my two cents to your questions..

1) Depressing of brakes is required when you want to start the engine using the engine start / stop button and also when you are engaging gear (N to D) before moving off.

2) Engine start / stop function can be disabled via a "push button" beside the "Park assist" button or configure it accordingly via the various drive modes within the "Dynamic Select" drive options

3) Disengaging of park brake automatically is a default feature. My SE say cannot disable. When car is at complete stop, pushing the foot brake further will activate the Auto Hold function.. manual states that this is different from Park brake.

by the way, I am driving a fat round B class.. family vehicle.. no vroom vroom ...  :blush:  :blush:  

Hope this above helps... Cheers 

Thanks everyone for your information! I guess in the beginning will not get used to it as all these functions/operations are different form my previous rides.

By the way, my SE just informed me that he has registered my car this morning with the vehicle registration number! Will be collecting tomorrow at Pandan! Feeling sooo excited now!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your information! I guess in the beginning will not get used to it as all these functions/operations are different form my previous rides.

By the way, my SE just informed me that he has registered my car this morning with the vehicle registration number! Will be collecting tomorrow at Pandan! Feeling sooo excited now!

Enjoy your new ride bro .. remember to share some awesome pic .;-) 

don't recall there's a foot brake for GLA, at least mine don't.

turn off the ECO button near to the hazard light switch will remove the engine cut off while stationary.

GLA180 has a higher ground clearance than GLA200, 250 & 45, may want to put in additional structs to improve handling.

don't recall there's a foot brake for GLA, at least mine don't.

turn off the ECO button near to the hazard light switch will remove the engine cut off while stationary.

GLA180 has a higher ground clearance than GLA200, 250 & 45, may want to put in additional structs to improve handling.

Yeah bro..GLA does not have footbrake..instead there is a button on the bottom right to apply.

Noted on deactivating the ECO button.

Oh is it? GLA really has higher ground clearance? No wonder yesterday saw a GLA200...looks lower... :)