• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW here

Guest JUN

Guest redhood

Hi Jun,

Care to PM me how much you get your SLK?

From which dealer?

I wanted to get it very much for my 2nd car but could not get approval. :(

I need to talk to my CFO again..

Bring your CFO to our meetups and we'll help you poison... haha! :swduel:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI anyone know whether the SLK aerial can be change to a shorter one? will it affect the radio quality?

THANKS!!

Haha it won't affect radio quality at all. I think at least 3 people here have tested the antenna from my SL on their SLK and it worked fine. I think someone once told me the antenna actually cost 400 bucks or something like that O_O But you'd better check, I think the nicest and cheapest cosmetic upgrade you can do is the addition of the SL bonnet fins, they really make the car look different! Btw the paint on the SL antenna can come off, you might want to take that into consideration.

HI anyone know whether the SLK aerial can be change to a shorter one? will it affect the radio quality?

THANKS!!

Haha it won't affect radio quality at all. I think at least 3 people here have tested the antenna from my SL on their SLK and it worked fine. I think someone once told me the antenna actually cost 400 bucks or something like that O_O But you'd better check, I think the nicest and cheapest cosmetic upgrade you can do is the addition of the SL bonnet fins, they really make the car look different! Btw the paint on the SL antenna can come off, you might want to take that into consideration.

Singapore 1 tiny dot only...

the ang mo say what affect radio because their country is so BIG!

Singapore 1 tiny dot only...

the ang mo say what affect radio because their country is so BIG!

if JUN follow us go malaysia buka den maybe his radio cannot hear sgmerc FM when across causeway... but nvm, got walkietalkie still can tune into sgmerc LIVE & UNPLUGGED. LAWL

Btw the paint on the SL antenna can come off, you might want to take that into consideration.

bro dan, i thought ori SL "whip" is black colour? what colour is inside?

hi funng, nice to meet you.

thanks alot, i am only 18yr :D think of this friday i also nervous.. ahahaha

Funng, Willy, Mercy and me also 18yr...

EH! I'm 18 also!!! How come I'm excluded!!!

Willy, the original colour of the antenna is white, just like the rest of the car, it's the paint primer or something I think.

Btw do the facelift SLKs and SLs have ipod compatibility? Who needs a radio when you have an ipod or cds DJ WILLY man!

Haha Jun, wait till you see Mercy's and Noitalogesto's SLKs, sure kena poisoned!

Sareve ]

Noitalogesto ]

EH! I' wrote:

DJ WILLY[/color] man!

Haha Jun, wait till you see Mercy' wrote:

poisoned[/color]!

haha sorry sareve.. yea man, looking forward to see Mercy's and Noitalogesto's SLK, really have alot to learn from all of u! ahaha

Sareve ]

Noitalogesto ]

EH! I' wrote:

DJ WILLY[/color] man!

Haha Jun, wait till you see Mercy' wrote:

poisoned[/color]!

so sorry man! :banghead:

Funng, Willy, Mercy, Sareve, bimmer and me also 18yr...

JUN, hope to see you at the meetup! and maybe at some other "events" as well, as you could see in the "youngadults" night out.

You better get that license, if not your dad/mum might just enjoy the SLK more than you, and you can forget about getting the keys. Gerald can probably testify to that? ;)

Adding up to bro Narmi's question in the other thread, my suggestion is, guy or girl driving SLK, feed yourself with some SERIOUS anti-poison before you meet anyone here, esp the SLK peeps! I'm not on a SLK, but they have got me poisoned enough.

the last time i checked, everyone here is 18? hahaha.

hello Funng, Willy, Mercy and noitalogesto

good to hear that. but i still have alot to learn from your of cars.. =)

thanks everyone for the info of short aerial. appreciated! :D

hmm the antenna is around 150 but kinda redundant i feel.

i mean the slk looks unique with the long aerial extension behind. haha. thats a personal taste for me. hehehe ;D

hello Funng, Willy, Mercy and noitalogesto

good to hear that. but i still have alot to learn from your of cars.. =)

thanks everyone for the info of short aerial. appreciated! :D

hmm the antenna is around 150 but kinda redundant i feel.

i mean the slk looks unique with the long aerial extension behind. haha. thats a personal taste for me. hehehe ;D

Doesn't someone actually have the SL antenna on his SLK here? Was it Mark?

I think those SLKs with the SL side grills look damn nice though! The pre facelift grills of course.

THANKS!!

it can be changed to the SL type but not sure about the radio quality though. some of the members have changed it.

THANKS!!

it can be changed to the SL type but not sure about the radio quality though. some of the members have changed it.

hi Cblack, thanks for the reply! yea i have seen ppl changing it. might also consider. hahaa thanks everyone!

THANKS!!

hi Cblack, thanks for the reply! yea i have seen ppl changing it. might also consider. hahaa thanks everyone!

I don't think there should be any problem with the radio quality, if it works fine on an SL, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work on an SLK.

THANKS!!

I don't think there should be any problem with the radio quality, if it works fine on an SL, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work on an SLK.

yea.. thats what i think too. hahaha that should work well with the SLK. but thinking of what shox87 had said.. the long aerial makes the SLK unique. ahaha make me have a second thought. ;)