• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fuel meter - reserve notification

One good function that the C class do not have is the "km per litres" reading to indicate fuel consumption and the "km to go" when on reserve fuel. the latter is important to know whether u need to go to a pump station immediately or can tahan till reach destination. 

One good function that the C class do not have is the "km per litres" reading to indicate fuel consumption and the "km to go" when on reserve fuel. the latter is important to know whether u need to go to a pump station immediately or can tahan till reach destination.

Km per litres to go does not have it but only estimated balance consumption.

off topic a bit ... what would be a reasonable mileage on a full tank (98) of w204 ? i doing my first tank (just bought a second hand car) .. 630 km till warning light ... (C and S mode activated for periods) .. reasonable FC ?

Also would pumping Ron 98 have better FC or same as Ron 95 ?

thx

kompressor.. maybe hard to achieve...

7-g can do this.. 630 warning lights.

I never reset properly .. Second tank was 550 to reserve light up

It depends on the travelling. Daily routes.... So time to time, we get diff fig.

By all means... Its a gd ride regardless the model, n also, good reasonable fuel compsumtion ride..

• 2 weeks later...

Bad for fuel pump when always wait till reserve, I pump once fuel drop below half normally.

Slightly more expensive as pump freq increase....$$ go out fester

Why issit harmful to fuel pump when drops to reserve mark?

PURTIER aka Daniel & Pearly

www1.purtier.com

I suspect the OP is saying that when the fuel level drops to reserve level, they may not be enough fuel to cool the fuel pump when it is operating ...

OIC.. Then I gotta change my habit to pump before it hits the reserve tank.. Thanx for the information.. =)

PURTIER aka Daniel & Pearly

www1.purtier.com

• 1 month later...