• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice for rims

yujin93

1.6m i think ur cai sheng giving u 1.6m.....haha

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Any amount he willing to give me. ... I'm happy. ...

1.6m i think ur cai sheng giving u 1.6m.....haha

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

he give u $350 u go buy ur ML350

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

chris, on 15 Mar 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:snapback.png

to me good rims = must be light and strong... nice or not is individual.. 

upsizing doesnt mean will affect power or improve handling..

its the weight that affects the response, width and offset that affects handling..

dont impulse buy, this is the most important..

Agree, I am considering getting the AMG brakes but was told not 100% can fit. The best way is to change the rim to the wider range in order to fit... so still shopping for rims 

• 2 months later...

Wow... If you want ADV1 rims, i know someone selling... Quoted me way way below s$10k! Let me know if u r keen. I can pass u the contact....

20" plus PSS is about $6k+

Hi do you have the contact for ADV1 wheels? Got some quotes. 19" forged 1 piece type for set of 4 is around 11k!

went again to see rims today. 19 inch sibei chio, 18 inch no fight. any bros out there with c180 1.6 install 19inch? full tank can run how much distance?

Hi, 

I am on 19" staggered and i did lower my ride with Bilstein Pro-kit. No issue with rubbing at all. Full tank i managed 640km. Mine ride is a 1.6 komp not CGI. You do feel alittle slower pick up but surprisingly it didn't feel as bumpy compared to my original 17". Infact i think it is more comfortable and stable at high speed. Only lost is higher tyre rolling noise. My wife told me she love the steering feel now that we are on 19".

• 2 weeks later...

Have gotten quote for a set of wheels with 19" x 8.5 et47.

my stock wheels are 18" x 8 et49 with tyres profile: 235/40/18.

According to vendor (he refers to brabus's recommendation), the tyres will have to be downsized to 225/35/19 if I'm gonna get the 19". His advice, is that if 235, it may rub if turn full lock while car in motion.

Questions:

1. Considering this upsize of wheel will increase width from 8.0 to 8.5 inches, will the tyre wall of 225 be flushed or even depressed inwards making the rims protrude out?

2. Can this set up accommodate 4 or even 6 pot BBK (option to do later on...). He mentioned that the increase in width of 0.5 inches + 2mm is quite substantial. This is new to me I thought only offset increase clearance didnt know its dependent on width as well - is this true?

3. Who on earth actually "downsize" tyre width? I've only heard upsizes or remains status quo...

Any gurus to advise please? Im quite tempted to just get the 235/35/19 but would really like to hear from you guys. My rides a250 w176.

Thanks.

A45 AMG stock rims are 19X8j ET45 235/35 vs Your quote of 19X8.5j ET47 235/35

Using rim calculator, result is " Package is 2 mm (0.1'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars."

The 2mm might cause the rubbing though, so its your call whether you wanna try it out.

1. 8.5inch is 216mm , with a 225mm tyres its fine. Many C-class owners have such a combi you can come gtg to check it out. Depressed or not actually depends on the tyre brand, certain tyres have harder/straight sidewalls.

2. Im not a BBK expert, so cant help you. But many bros here uses 19" rims with their BBK. Importance is the rotor size i think.

3. Due to the offset it might be safer to use 225 tyres. Else 8j or 8.5j with ET45 running 235/35 is ok.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Good thing is wheel manufacturer has confirmed that my ride can fit 235/35/19 with 19" x 8.5jj et47 without any modification...

Just to choose between tyres now.. Goodyear as2 or conti csc5 or Pirelli pzero. Any suggestions? I may got for Goodyear as2...

I've decided to drop run flats this time as I don't think my wife can take any harsher ride than what I'm currently having! (235/40/18 w runflats as stock).