• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice for rims

yujin93

Yes is good to upgrade to 19" for the look and handling. My all time fav is brand is Eagle Asymmetric 2, reason is cost and super duper strong in wet. Lately been trying it out and push it hard on wet days, so far so good. Down side for 19" is cost and road noise and some complains abt bumpy. Do a search on these topics as this concern is nothing new.

hey guys!

i am very new to the modding scene and i would like to know what brands you guys would recommend for rims? would it also be a good idea to change from 18" to 19" rims?

Thanks!

Why do you want to change from 18" to 19"?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

my friend said that 19" look better so i was just wondering what the differences are

Yr fren is correct but got to lower yr ride too.

im driving a C350 coupe. got it last year around july. however my rims are all scratched up for some reason lol...CnC said i shld change them all so i was thinking that it was a good time to change rims

since your rims are used and scratched, they are not worth much. if u still have fairly usable tyre threads, i suggest you decide on your coilover first.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

im actually thinking of dropping by top 93 tomorrow afternoon to take a look at their rims. would 1k per piece be a reasonable price? my friend told me that amg rims go for 4k a piece.

Regarding suspensions...i assume that coilovers are better than changing springs and shocks? 

Yr fren is wrong on the AMG rims pricing, is about 1k plus. Just head down to afew rims shop and ask around about the pricing. After which then decide what rims to go for. Good luck!!

haha very nice set of rims. how do i choose a good set of rims though? like what would you guys define a good wheel?

Coilovers are not necessarily better than a good set of shocks and springs.

oh ok. but coilovers seem more of a two in one? where as shocks and springs, to lower ur car height you change the springs and to absorb more bounce u change the shocks?

to me good rims = must be light and strong... nice or not is individual.. 

upsizing doesnt mean will affect power or improve handling..

its the weight that affects the response, width and offset that affects handling..

dont impulse buy, this is the most important..

• Like 1

to me good rims = must be light and strong... nice or not is individual.. 

upsizing doesnt mean will affect power or improve handling..

its the weight that affects the response, width and offset that affects handling..

dont impulse buy, this is the most important..

as like most things balance is always better i guess...lol thanks for the tips!

any recommended brands? O.Z. seems to be pretty good, the first car i got came with O.Z. rims