• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice for rims

yujin93

Hi Teriyaki,

I was at TOP93 over the weekend.... was quoted as follows:

(a) 19" 2 piece rims + Michellin PSS = S$6.5K

(B) 18" 2 piece rims + Michellin PSS = S$5.6K - S$5.8K

Abit steep for Taiwanese brand cos I have an offer for ADV1 rims (irregardles whether its 18" or 19" or 20")+ good tyres @ S$10K. These I understand is from USA.

So still pondering.... I would move if the Taiwanese rims + tyres come down to S$5.8K for their 19"

Good luck hunting...

Hi Teriyaki,

I was at TOP93 over the weekend.... was quoted as follows:

(a) 19" 2 piece rims + Michellin PSS = S$6.5K

(B) 18" 2 piece rims + Michellin PSS = S$5.6K - S$5.8K

Abit steep for Taiwanese brand cos I have an offer for ADV1 rims (irregardles whether its 18" or 19" or 20")+ good tyres @ S$10K. These I understand is from USA.

So still pondering.... I would move if the Taiwanese rims + tyres come down to S$5.8K for their 19"

Good luck hunting...

Wow... If you want ADV1 rims, i know someone selling... Quoted me way way below s$10k! Let me know if u r keen. I can pass u the contact....

20" plus PSS is about $6k+

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

my c180 1.6 is arriving soon and have been following the forum with regards to 19 inch rims. Went to one of the shop over the weekend and was quoted the following spec: Front 8.5 x 19 225/35 x 19 Rear 9.5 x 19 255/30 x 19. Will this spec cause any rubbing issues?

Hi Guys,

my c180 1.6 is arriving soon and have been following the forum with regards to 19 inch rims. Went to one of the shop over the weekend and was quoted the following spec: Front 8.5 x 19 225/35 x 19 Rear 9.5 x 19 255/30 x 19. Will this spec cause any rubbing issues?

Unlikely provided you dont lower yr ride.

Hi Guys,

What is the offset for front and back?

My engine is only 1.6T so will it affect the pick up and power if i install 19 inch?

Most likely as it is under power model. If, is a must have then go for forged rims

thanks for your advice!

what brand tyres will you guys recommend? was quoted pirelli p zero. is it good?

Depends!! For some is $$$ and some noise and etc. my fav is Eagle Asy 2. Reason is that strong in wet but is noisy.

Actually ur saving is less than $10 per tank.... I would choose a chio rims over that anytime. ...

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

By then tigger would have changed ride.... so no difference. ...

20K? nah.. 6-9mths.

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Must have hope lah.... I'm still hoping I can buy the ML350.... Hoping lah.... unless today I strike toto firat prize.... so can only hope.... and dream.....

Toto

Prize Group                      Per Share Amount                               No. of Winning Shares

Group 1                            $3,200,000                                           1(Ah Bui)

Must have hope lah.... I'm still hoping I can buy the ML350.... Hoping lah.... unless today I strike toto firat prize.... so can only hope.... and dream.....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.