• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice for rims

yujin93

so its subjective to which is better? or are coilovers better for one thing compared to a set of shocks and springs and vice versa?

coilovers > set of shocks & springs. no 2 ways about it, if cost is not of concern.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Very few people know how to tune coilovers and setup suspension properly. It takes many hours at the track to get it right and when you do, it will only be ideal on a smooth track to set the fastest lap times, and probably quite uncomfortable on the street.

If it is just for looks then no big deal, but if to improve handling, then better to leave it stock.

• Like 1

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Very few people know how to tune coilovers and setup suspension properly. It takes many hours at the track to get it right and when you do, it will only be ideal on a smooth track to set the fastest lap times, and probably quite uncomfortable on the street.

If it is just for looks then no big deal, but if to improve handling, then better to leave it stock.

bro what do you think about aftermarket coilover with their recommended settings? as in their default setting fresh from box..

Surprisingly RAYS can fit Mercedes Benz.... its definitely cheaper than continental brands like Vossen, AMG, Brabus, OZ, BBS...@ LS OZ, BBS going for about S$500+ onwards per rim....

RAYS might not be cheaper than the brands you listed.. They make good rims too =)

bro what do you think about aftermarket coilover with their recommended settings? as in their default setting fresh from box..

Never trust them.

Don't even trust cars that come with coilovers from factory. Always must check.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

hey guys!

i am very new to the modding scene and i would like to know what brands you guys would recommend for rims? would it also be a good idea to change from 18" to 19" rims?

Thanks!

check out HRE.... leader in forged rims. You definitely want to go forged for its lightness. It is more expensive but you dont want to end up with a heavy set of 19". Benzline or Autovox for HRE.

then slap on PSS tyres.... many of my friends swear by them. it is proven on track and on street - best balance of wet and dry.

good luck and let the poison begin. haha.

to me good rims = must be light and strong... nice or not is individual.. 

upsizing doesnt mean will affect power or improve handling..

its the weight that affects the response, width and offset that affects handling..

dont impulse buy, this is the most important..

*like* i share same sentiments.

check out HRE.... leader in forged rims. You definitely want to go forged for its lightness. It is more expensive but you dont want to end up with a heavy set of 19". Benzline or Autovox for HRE.

then slap on PSS tyres.... many of my friends swear by them. it is proven on track and on street - best balance of wet and dry.

good luck and let the poison begin. haha.

i read on one of the posts in the handling section which said that benzline wasnt very professional about their service. is there where i myself can make sure that the offset is right for my car? incase the same happens to me.

one more thing. if u are on 4-matic, stay stock suspensions :)

its a RWD

i do want to lower my car and improve the handling. should i use coilovers or a good set of springs and shocks?

coilovers will allow you to set both height and damping. however, as tanzy mentioned, most of us dont know sh*t about what the settings do and for what purpose. you can take your time to read up on the internet for better understanding.

in real life terms, unless u track, u r probably gonna end up setting your coilovers to a 'one size fits all'.

if you are looking at suspensions for dummies, a good set of springs and shocks will do. however, i view that most SG enthuasiast go for 'looks' as priority, in terms of height. so, inadvertently, many who have gone for springs and shocks eventually still switch to coilovers.

average should be about 1.1k each.. how much does your vossen cost? where are they made in and what type of construction? forged?

sponsor here quoted me 1000+ per rim. i got it at abt 700 at LS. vossen is fr the US if i'm not wrong.

You're dethpicable. 

sponsor here quoted me 1000+ per rim. i got it at abt 700 at LS. vossen is fr the US if i'm not wrong.

yup brand is from the US.. i heard they are made in thailand.. not sure..

btw is it forged? 1pc?

what size have you got? u know the weight of each before rubbers?

Haha... Chris... no more impulse buy liao!!!! And U might need a bigger AMG..... :devil:  :devil: :devil:  

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

HRE is my first choice but too ex.. cant afford.. besides too many copies in the market..

you interested in the volk racing G25? I ordered a set coming in soon.. considering of selling them and order HRE..

well why i ordered? impulse.. 

there is also a cheaper alternative - prodrive forged rims.

HRE is my first choice but too ex.. cant afford.. besides too many copies in the market..

you interested in the volk racing G25? I ordered a set coming in soon.. considering of selling them and order HRE..

well why i ordered? impulse.. 

staggered 19" ?

what about BC forged rims from top93?

not sure... but their website contact is from indonesia.. are they made in indonesia?

i think the brand is from taiwan..

http://www.bc-forged.com/about.php

About BC Forged & Suspension racing

BC, Taiwan Bor-Chuann Enterprise Co., Ltd, is the leading manufacturer of high performance shock absorbers in Taiwan. Since its establishment in 1999, BC has focused its efforts on developing, designing and manufacturing high performance shock absorbers.

BC, Taiwan Bor-Chuann started to promote its exclusively branded products, the BC Coilover Kit, which made its debut in 2003, and the sales volume of the BC Coilovers has grown impressively, consolidating its leading position in manufacturing shock absorbers in Taiwan.

We are now for all custom specifications of your vehicles. All the wheels are machined throughout sophisticated CNC procedures in order to meet the perfection and are engineered to strengthen the surface density of the wheel and to minimize into lighter weight! BC forged wheels also provide “staggered fitment” for particular vehicles to serve the purpose of visual feature! Order now for your own custom forged wheels and make your ride personalized!