• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My latest add on

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$6k not cheap, but if it includes all the factory fitted ILS modes and functions, then it's worth to consider.

Bro Ooi, appreciate if you can advise if it includes functions like Active Light System, Adaptive High Beam Assist, and headlight washer?

Active Light System - cornering light function for better visibility in bends.

Adaptive High Beam Assist - maximises the headlamps’ range when no other road users are within sight, then automatically dips the beams if the lights of an oncoming vehicle are detected.

To achieve the real thing the sensor at windscreen need to be replaced and change the software too. I might be wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...

i am sorry when you say bonnet....er i assume u installed a new bonnet?  From the pics i cant really see....it looks almost similar to the old bonnet? Or did u put in the replica c63 bonnet?

Sorry can you let me know as i am also looking at doing something similar? thanks

shape of headlights are diff, gotto change the bonnet (to facelift bonnet) as well.

You're dethpicable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have spoken to Benzline personally as well as Ah Boon who did some research on the ILS retrofit. Currently, what is offered in the market is simply a swap of the headlight unit. No additional sensors, gyro sensors, etc. will be added to your car. The reason for the steep price is due to the headlight unit being OEM. Apparently, it is still impossible (and probably will always be) to retrofit the entire ILS system. This is due to cars without the system missing additional hardware connectors and software, which is required by the ILS to function as a whole system. The current method to make the ILS headlight unit work on a non-ILS car is to "trick" the car that nothing has been changed. The "tricking" method is not disclosed by the installers.

You better double confirm and ask around. It's not a cheap investment. I'm not too sure about the leveler, all I know is for the price they're asking, they can't provide a fully functioning system.

I changed my previous W203 headlight to an original MB xenon light unit and the car lost the ability to adjust headlight leveling.

However, the car still pass LTA inspection year after year without issue. Seems like they are not that sticky about this leveling but it may have changed now.

Or let me rephrase, non-factory fitted xenons are not LTA friendly. But then again, there are those with HID conversions who pass their inspection.