• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 Ride Quality

petrolhead123

Took delivery of a new W205 C180 9G-Tronic. 17 inch rims, standard steel suspension. Everything about the car is perfect except for the suspension. Didn't really feel the firmness of the ride during the test drive but only after driving for a few weeks. I wouldn't say that the suspension is very terrible, but definitely not what I would expect from a Mercedes Benz. The car is particularly uncomfortable over larger potholes.  Surprisingly compared to the 3 Series this version of the C Class feels less compliant overall. Anyone feels the same way too? Thinking of changing the run flat tires to normal tires but would that void the warranty from C&C?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/01/2018 at 2:03 AM, petrolhead123 said:

Took delivery of a new W205 C180 9G-Tronic. 17 inch rims, standard steel suspension. Everything about the car is perfect except for the suspension. Didn't really feel the firmness of the ride during the test drive but only after driving for a few weeks. I wouldn't say that the suspension is very terrible, but definitely not what I would expect from a Mercedes Benz. The car is particularly uncomfortable over larger potholes.  Surprisingly compared to the 3 Series this version of the C Class feels less compliant overall. Anyone feels the same way too? Thinking of changing the run flat tires to normal tires but would that void the warranty from C&C?

Change of tyres no issue w warranty. 

Am on the Avantgarde Trim and RFTs. Tires seem to be losing pressure gradually too. Increasing tire pressure seem to improve ride quality, making it less wobbly and reducing impact harshness. This is contrary to the expected effect. Been reading other forums too and it seems like there are others who also feel that increasing pressure on RFTs improves ride quality.