jehkoh

W204 FL Aircon problems

15 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Would like to check if anybody have experiences similar to mine? My w204 is from the year 2014 and I've been experiencing air con issues such as when the car is parked stationary under sun for long hours (4 hours onwards), the aircon will just blow hot air all the way until about 5-7 minutes (driving or idling).  If the car is parked under shelter for long hours, it will take 5 minutes before the cold air comes in. I've sent to cycle and carriage for diagnostic about 3 times now and they give me all sort of reasons like compressor fluid insufficient, just wondering anybody have a solution? 

i am having the same problem too... W204 FL C180... when parking under shelter dont hv this problem, only parked under hot sun for hours will hv this issue... gonna send to pandan for diagnosis next week...

Recently my aircon is not even blowing air out... only after driving for a while it start to work..

Went to workshop and no fault found (well because its working)

Sian man

er guys, this is ang mob car and not jippon car. is like that one.

(=

1 person likes this

I remembered just seeing a mediacorp Ch8 show, how to faster lower your car interior temperature especially when park car outside under hot sun..

But dun think any of you will want to try..

It does really help

Thank you guys for replying! Actually I've sent to Ubi for the first instance and they said they needed to updated the software (doesnt work), Second time sent in for servicing and raised issue at leng kee, was told that couldnt find any issues, Third time sent in to leng kee again and was told my compressor fluid was below factory specs and they did a full diagnostic on my compressor and found no other issues. So being pissed that Singapore is already very warm and the air con is still blowing hot air, I brought the car to a independent workshop for opinion and was told that my compressor has pressure problems bringing the fluid to flow around the compressor after the engine has completely cool off. I just wrote an email to C&C to escalate this issue, hopefully something would be done this time. I want to get this fix before my warranty ends hahaha

Hi,

If the car is old, it could be sticky compressor clutch. It happened to me on my previous ride Volvo, when hot, sometime the air cond compressor clutch fail to engage, due to week magnetic force or gap getting wider, it will have intermittent  cold air ..

Too bad then for that car, the clutch is not a separate component & come as part of the valeo compressor unit, In the end, I need to change the complete compressor just to solve the clutch problem .. 

cheer

Hello jehkoh... you got any good resolution from C&C so far?

Thank you guys for replying! Actually I've sent to Ubi for the first instance and they said they needed to updated the software (doesnt work), Second time sent in for servicing and raised issue at leng kee, was told that couldnt find any issues, Third time sent in to leng kee again and was told my compressor fluid was below factory specs and they did a full diagnostic on my compressor and found no other issues. So being pissed that Singapore is already very warm and the air con is still blowing hot air, I brought the car to a independent workshop for opinion and was told that my compressor has pressure problems bringing the fluid to flow around the compressor after the engine has completely cool off. I just wrote an email to C&C to escalate this issue, hopefully something would be done this time. I want to get this fix before my warranty ends hahaha

Hi everybody, my name is Vladimir and I'm from Brazil.

I am having the same problem with my W204 C180 2014. When it is parked in the sun and then the vehicle gets hot the air conditioner does not work properly. Hot air blows out for about 7 minutes and suddenly the compressor starts to run and blows cold air.
Did you find out what this problem is?

Thanks in advance for the answers...

My car is facing the same problem. Anyone found the fix yet? 

just to offer a possible "out of the box" explanation, my w204 FL also face this problem.

After pondering over this issue, i gather it could be the car's system trying to cool down the "evaporator"(ie blowing air over it and cooling it down) before cutting in the air con. As the evaporator is hot(usually park a reasonable long time under the sun and you know is hot cos the air blowing out is quite hot), introducing cool air with the hot evaporator as such temperature extreme will cause material fatigue(rapid cooling of the metal material).  

I have lived with mine, so far so good, the air con is very cold, no complaint.

I have similar problem. At first air-con is blowing smelly air.. my daughter said it smelt sour... It only happened when the car just started and back to normal when car is moving for a while...

The other issue I had with the air-con is, it becomes warm when car is idling for 10 minutes or more... The air-con stops functioning although engine is on...

Finally, brought it to a workshop. They said compressor is not functioning properly and the seal had deteriorated to give a foul smell.....

Replaced everything and now is all good...

20 minutes ago, jskywalker said:

I have similar problem. At first air-con is blowing smelly air.. my daughter said it smelt sour... It only happened when the car just started and back to normal when car is moving for a while...

The other issue I had with the air-con is, it becomes warm when car is idling for 10 minutes or more... The air-con stops functioning although engine is on...

Finally, brought it to a workshop. They said compressor is not functioning properly and the seal had deteriorated to give a foul smell.....

Replaced everything and now is all good...

Hi, did the Mech say what seal he changed ? I am curious. Also how much did the repair cost ?

thanks

He didn't specify and I didn't asked. But I suspect must be related to the compressor change....

10 hours ago, jskywalker said:

He didn't specify and I didn't asked. But I suspect must be related to the compressor change....

ok, thanks for your reply. How much did the compressor and labour cost ?