• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 FL Aircon problems

jehkoh

Hi bro snsd555,

here goes.

His name is Ah Weng, mobile 9435 7824.

His workshop is located at Block 3021A Ubi Road, i forgot the unit number, corner unit. Maybe can ask him for those interested.

Hope this can help anyone who need a aircon fix or opinion.

regards

lz

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2020 at 8:21 PM, level z said:

i was told by a aircon expert that the newer aircon system does not use clutch system to engage the aircon when you turn on the aircon switch. Newer aircon systems goes by pressure,ie, once you on the aircon, there is a pressure pump inside the aircon compressor that activate the gas to flow. If the pressure pump is no longer as efficient, it will take a longer time to build up pressure in the system and this will delay the aircon 's function.

I was driving a c class and was told the pressure pump can be replaced at about $250.00

hope this helps.

Hi Level Z

i have this same problem have to on and off to get the air con to kick in cold air. 

Did you manage to change the pressure pump to solve this issue?

I believe compressor is still ok because after kicked in air con is cold for the whole day.

Ok got the price and WS info from the thread.

Thanks for your advise!

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

Hi Level Z

i have this same problem have to on and off to get the air con to kick in cold air. 

Did you manage to change the pressure pump to solve this issue?

I believe compressor is still ok because after kicked in air con is cold for the whole day.

Ok got the price and WS info from the thread.

Thanks for your advise!

hi cookie

try to see if possible to get your air con guy to check on the pressure pump, it is creating enough pressure at start up to kick the gas to flow. 

As posted, my problem was it took a while for the cold air to come in as my compressor pressure pump a bit longer than usual to get the gas flowing, the mech suspect it is due to the pressure pump issue.

PS : The pressure pump is part of the air con compressor.

• Like 1