• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW C CLASS LAUNCH - W205

Westlake

Hearsay first batch registering on 1st Sept onwards, so should start seeing them on the roads soon

Hearsay tml is the big day!! Hearsay only!!

Hi,

Any trusted PI to recommend? Typically, how much PI add on top of the base cost?

Thanks

I believe the main reason for buying PI is the cost savings.
To then go back to the authorised agent and asking them to adopt your PI car, I just think it is wrong.
The facts that the autorised agent is charging you a hefty sum and treating you as a third rate customer are already reasons that they do not welcome you, I think. But please take note that I do not know if it is true that you will be treated as 3rd rate.
I am not necessarily supporting the authorised agents as I find that they are making way too hefty a profit (I estimate the profit on a C180 to be about $50,000). In fact, I think the PI should be supported as they help keep a check on the prices.
My take is, there is a risk and reward buying PI.
For me, going back to the authorised agent paying an adoption fee, is a loss of face (for me). I won't do it.
My opinion may be controversial to some but, please, it is just my opinion.

Hi,

Any trusted PI to recommend? Typically, how much PI add on top of the base cost?

Thanks

Dear Axela,

There is a few advertisment on sgcarmart for C200 PI, total 12-13 dealers at the moment i believe

I havent collect my car so i dun think i wanna give any recommendations, in case  i might regret giving the wrong one later

if you can wait, might wanna wait till both PI and Ad customers has collected the car and see their feedback on potential issues. seems like the new audio 20/ command screen may have some issues based on other forums. we should be seeing some new Cs on the road soon.......

if you can wait, might wanna wait till both PI and Ad customers has collected the car and see their feedback on potential issues. seems like the new audio 20/ command screen may have some issues based on other forums. we should be seeing some new Cs on the road soon.......

i heard its the touch pad....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got one white started to mods is from cnc. Super fierce after the mods, please post pics ya.

Been driving the ride for 1 week. It felt entirely different from the previous C, longer wheelbase, slightly faster pickup than before etc.

Not much of an issue when it comes to parking the car. Tried different Driving mode and Sports mode seems better for me. In general, very happy with the purchase.

Only thing, why the collision prevention assist sign kept on showing up even when the car in front of mine is like 2 car length apart.

Been driving the ride for 1 week. It felt entirely different from the previous C, longer wheelbase, slightly faster pickup than before etc.

Not much of an issue when it comes to parking the car. Tried different Driving mode and Sports mode seems better for me. In general, very happy with the purchase.

Only thing, why the collision prevention assist sign kept on showing up even when the car in front of mine is like 2 car length apart.

2 car length seems a bit far and the sign lights up.

Maybe the speed plus distance also play a part.

So far mine is abt one car length at 70km/h will light up.

so far no problems for me with the Collision Prevention Assist Plus or Attention Assist

and yes, i like the new Agility Control, every mode feel different and good for different needs at different times

I like the BRAKE HOLD function also, and the Ambient Lighting, and the road handling of the car plus the engine performance, mine is C200 Avantgarde with Pana Roof

However, i have some issues with the touchpad, it can work sometimes and sometimes not, but it seems to be a well documented issue already in MB world forum

And also, the irritating Eco Start/Stop function which is always default ON when you start the vehicle (another issue which was well discusses in this forum before)

Lastly, perhaps i am not too familiar with the Parktronic with Active Park Assist, so far i was unable to do any parallel parking with this function, the sensors just doesnt seem to be able to pick the lot/space, even though i was driving quite slowly and quite near the in between the 2 vehicles suppose to park

someone mentioned must also on left or right signal light for park assist to work?

Lastly, perhaps i am not too familiar with the Parktronic with Active Park Assist, so far i was unable to do any parallel parking with this function, the sensors just doesnt seem to be able to pick the lot/space, even though i was driving quite slowly and quite near the in between the 2 vehicles suppose to park

someone mentioned must also on left or right signal light for park assist to work?

You will need to signal left or right where the lot is, and drive past it. By right the system should detect the lot and it will do the reverse parallel park

• Like 1