• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW C CLASS LAUNCH - W205

Westlake

bring your new car go charity wash leh.. hope to see it! wah drools.. my dream sia

Didn't know you like the SLK so much!

Anyway, I won't be free to go to the car wash. I'll just have to wash at home. Sucks to be me.

• Like 2

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

I don't like the overall feel of the car. Very round, looks feminine. Gives me the rich "tai tai" car feel.

a lot of rich tai tais there!  rich ah peks also...

The rich ah peks probably booking the car for their wives! Or mistress?

#roundfatcar :( no chance to see interior. There's so many pple crowding ard the cars.

Couldn't you just slip thru?

They would never know you were there.

• Like 1

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Went down to the launch today and saw many "customers" abusing the new cars.  They slam the doors hard,  throw back the rear folding seats, literally roughing up the cars.  I feel sorry for the potential buyers of those "abused" cars!  That said,  did not really have much chance to seat inside the C200 on display as those seating inside the driver seats refused to move out, but rather fiddling around with the controls and buttons.  I do not quite like the gear shift which is on the right side of the steering, quite like the current E class.   The gear shift can be mistaken for a turn indicator if not familiar.  The doors feel light compared to my current W204 and the rear lights does not look impressive.  Overall, with the overtrade of only 8K and the promo price of $214k,  it does not move me to sign in between the dotted lines.   I still prefer the look of my current W204.

Went down to the launch today and saw many "customers" abusing the new cars.  They slam the doors hard,  throw back the rear folding seats, literally roughing up the cars.  I feel sorry for the potential buyers of those "abused" cars!  That said,  did not really have much chance to seat inside the C200 on display as those seating inside the driver seats refused to move out, but rather fiddling around with the controls and buttons.  I do not quite like the gear shift which is on the right side of the steering, quite like the current E class.   The gear shift can be mistaken for a turn indicator if not familiar.  The doors feel light compared to my current W204 and the rear lights does not look impressive.  Overall, with the overtrade of only 8K and the promo price of $214k,  it does not move me to sign in between the dotted lines.   I still prefer the look of my current W204.

is like that one ma... dun say abuse la.. try la.. lol..

try then will knw whether it can withstand or not ma.. haha afterall, if really sign on the dotted line, its like $200k for a sedan that is actually 30k ma. haha

the gear shift eventually will be familiar sooner or later, cos need to use it every nw and then, i feel that its a good thing cos it gives more space in centre area...

yea... the door is lighter by alot... compare to w204.. i think it the same weight compare to bmw 5 series. 523i..

easier closing doors..

Went down to the launch today and saw many "customers" abusing the new cars. They slam the doors hard, throw back the rear folding seats, literally roughing up the cars. I feel sorry for the potential buyers of those "abused" cars! That said, did not really have much chance to seat inside the C200 on display as those seating inside the driver seats refused to move out, but rather fiddling around with the controls and buttons. I do not quite like the gear shift which is on the right side of the steering, quite like the current E class. The gear shift can be mistaken for a turn indicator if not familiar. The doors feel light compared to my current W204 and the rear lights does not look impressive. Overall, with the overtrade of only 8K and the promo price of $214k, it does not move me to sign in between the dotted lines. I still prefer the look of my current W204.

That's why they normally give good promo for such cars. Worse still, parents allow their kids to climb all over the vehicle!

I too still prefer the looks and feel of the W204. Feels much more solid and aggressive.

is like that one ma... dun say abuse la.. try la.. lol..

try then will knw whether it can withstand or not ma.. haha afterall, if really sign on the dotted line, its like $200k for a sedan that is actually 30k ma. haha

the gear shift eventually will be familiar sooner or later, cos need to use it every nw and then, i feel that its a good thing cos it gives more space in centre area...

yea... the door is lighter by alot... compare to w204.. i think it the same weight compare to bmw 5 series. 523i..

easier closing doors..

I am already complaining that the door for the W204 is not as heavy/solid compared to my E90. The W205 is now even lighter ... my wife will say so "Japanese".

THe W205 looks good, I was busy and did not go for the launch. Will drop by the showroom to take a look some day.