• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW C CLASS LAUNCH - W205

Westlake

210 888 with pano. Over trade 5k. Think its standard wor....the rest like service credit, film , some star collection and return package, sealant.

Think everyone the same ba. Dunno abt those getting c250 thoughh

Seems like the price very close to E200 elegance..

Really dunno how CNC managed their pricing...

My less than 2 years old 7G C180's value is only $120k at 30k mileage if i trade it in to get the new C180 which costs $190k++...CnC's trade in..but if i was to get the E-class they value my C180 at $150k...Think i will stick to my current C180..Besides its all tuned up :D

My less than 2 years old 7G C180's value is only $120k at 30k mileage if i trade it in to get the new C180 which costs $190k++...CnC's trade in..but if i was to get the E-class they value my C180 at $150k...Think i will stick to my current C180..Besides its all tuned up :D

It's common for them to adjust the trade in value of your current car depending on the new car you are getting. If they are desperate to clear stock, they will definitely boost the over trade to make it more attractive. Judging that the new C Class is a brand new car and buyers are aplenty, I doubt you can squeeze them much.

You'll be lucky if they give you any overtrade for the new C class.... normally they don't. .. For new models..

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

kns.... anyhow got 30k more... zzz

You'll be lucky if they give you any overtrade for the new C class.... normally they don't. .. For new models..

From my buying experience with CnC for a new MB, especially when you trade in a CnC MB, you get $10k to >$20K more in value than selling it to the used car dealer or trade in with a PI.

The last 4 years I bought 3 new MBs from CnC!

The biggest difference was when I bought a W212 from them.

The trade in value for my 4 months old Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro was $23K more than the PI W212 trade in offer.

On paper, I got back what I paid PA for the Audi and did not lose a single cent though the PI W212 was about $20K cheaper.

It was a no brainer to me when the options between PI & CnC did not differ much and my wife likes the CnC options.

BTW my previous Q5 was from your same W212 PI.

The sales guy F%$k me up big time especially my 1st experience buying from a PI

You buy an Audi especially you like the DRL.

When Igot my ride, the DRL was not activated and at that time cannot be activated for the market the car was destine for.

You can only see your dimmed DRL when you turn on your headlamp only.

The car didn't comes with BT & cruise control and you know the acronym "ASSUME"

The delivery was late, the salesman lied to me dunno why LTA didn't release my ride.

I called my friend in LTA,gave him the VIN and found the true answer myself.

They finally offered me another Q5 also without the activated DRL.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

v long wait..... :(

but you will get all wet on your wedding nite......muahahaha!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I was waiting anxiously for the arrival of the W205 as I was very keen to replace my ageing W203 Sport Edition.

Decided on the C200 AV @ $215k. (Precisely it is $214,888).

$5k over-trade, $5k service credit and an additional $3k over-trade if book before 28 July 2014.

Apparently have to take minimum $80k loan at 2.28% for 5 years. I figured the interest alone is $9,120

As this is calculated as a simple interest, the effective interest rate is actually about 4.56%

(Compare this to a bank's FD interest which is probably about 1% or less now).

Then the shocker of the trade-in. It was just less than $12k above my 7.5 year old car's scrap value.

The SE suggested that I should buy the E200 for just a bit more money. The trade-in was an extra $15k.

After a quick thought, I decided I didn't need a new car.

Actually I had wanted to get a turbo diesel C but I believe C&C will not bring that in just yet.

My W203 had new front Conti CSC5 last Dec, new steering arm in Jan this year, new battery in March this year.

I have just replaced the gearbox and engine mounting yesterday. I will be getting 2 new 245/40/17 Conti CSC5 for the rear next week.

Actually I am quite happy with it. (Consoling myself, heehee)

Looks like I will be drooling longingly at the new W205 when they start cruising the streets soon.

Ah well, I guess I can wait for a while longer? Maybe prices will drop a bit when newer cars come along?

Maybe I will find a new 'love' later? The new Jaguar XE? Perhaps consider a used Lexus GS?

Hmmm, I think I will still like to have a Merc but then again, never say never.

So to those of you who have booked a new C, congrats, I quite envy you.

To those who are undecided, heck, come over and join me. :)

• Like 1