• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone using Silicon wipers here?

nocappucino

hi,

just wondering if anyone using silicon wipers for their rides here? or is everyone just changing at C&C during servicing? i used one for my old ride and never had to change in the last 3yrs i drove it... :)

thx!

Get it outside , a complete set of wiper is around $78. C n C is going to cost you $210.

I have checked these silicone wipers during my 'intensive' study about juddering wipers....& I can safely say that they are not available for new Mercs at this moment. The blade refill on our metal frame won't work as it's too damn difficult to strip & assemble.

I have checked these silicone wipers during my 'intensive' study about juddering wipers....& I can safely say that they are not available for new Mercs at this moment. The blade refill on our metal frame won't work as it's too damn difficult to strip & assemble.

wow, is it that tough??? i will go take a look at it later. i think i saw something about this removal procedure in the owner's manual...

thanks! i think i used Twister the last time round... :)

Twister for mercs? you tried that before for merc? It was non existent for mercs when I last checked 1 yr ago.

Twister for mercs? you tried that before for merc? It was non existent for mercs when I last checked 1 yr ago.

oh, that was for my previous ride, not the current w204. sorry for the confusion!

i had no time to check the manual about removing the wiper blade last night, so will check tonight... too busy watching tennis! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Saw at Autobac that there is twister available for Mercs as shown on the package but never got chance to try as did not drive there...any bros here may want to check it out?

Used this brand on my other car, Camry... So far no complain and very pleased. Me intend to replace my merc wiper to this one as well... The juddering problem is giving headache...

I got mine replaced at C&C after 1yr. Was told that the pair that came wif the car wasn't 'tropicalised'.

The new one has the MB logo at the tip. Not cheap at $200/pair but it works pretty well. No judder at all.

Btw, Autovox carries the Bosch Aerotwin that will fit the W204 (wonder if that's the MB OEM?....). They were selling it at $70 during the recent ST Car-Nival. U guys can give that a try and post ur FR here.

Saw at Autobac that there is twister available for Mercs as shown on the package but never got chance to try as did not drive there...any bros here may want to check it out?

i may be interested to try it out!! is that just the blade itself, or the whole wiper arm plus blade? i saw that there's a way to remove the blade from the wiper arm, but haven't tried this yet...

post-287-0-40052700-1343014271_thumb.jpg

i may be interested to try it out!! is that just the blade itself, or the whole wiper arm plus blade? i saw that there's a way to remove the blade from the wiper arm, but haven't tried this yet...

Bro, go to autobac and tell the sales rep that you want to test fit onto your ride. If can fit, you will pay for it. The rep will swop for you on the spot without paying first... You don't have to worry about how to remove it, the sales rep will do for you. This is what happened the last time i purchased it.

Mercs wiper is so easy to remove. Turn & slide it out that its, still not sure? Come to gtg FOC wiper remover services provided.

• 2 weeks later...

Autobac has Piaa silicon wipers for our rides.

168 if I recall correctly.

Autobac has Piaa silicon wipers for our rides.

168 if I recall correctly.

Hatch is right. I bought a pair of PIAA silicon wipers for $168 from Autobacs. Works like a charm.

Your wipers judders before tis?

It juddered long long time ago but was resolved with autosol. Search for my old thread "juddering wipers".

I like these silicone wipers becos they wipe smoothly without any streaks or squeaky sound, unlike the rubber ones. Beautiful!

• 1 month later...

Is the Piaa silicon at Autobac only the blades or the full wiper? Can we change only the blades?

The PIAA ones come in the full set...ie with frame. No blades, anyway it's almost impossible to strip & assemble the merc blade from the frame....unlike that of the jap cars.