• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Concealed wiring for GPS

Hi anyone know an electrician to do concealed wiring at Alexandra village coz I live nearby.

Basically I want to hard wire the GPS's usb cable so that I don't have to always use the cig socket which is a little irritating as mine is under the storage panel near the gear stick so the panel is always open.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Any audio shop should be able to do it for you. I would recommend AutoSpritze, look for Ah Boon.

Hi !

New to forum, I intend to get Garmin 2575 to serve as GPS n recorder.

one workshop has quoted me $75 to conceal the wire (connect to ATC?) and ensure will not void warranty, however

did a check w C&C they say will void warranty. How do concel wiring w/o voiding warranty?

any advice is appreciated ...Thanks ! btw any workshop to recommend near west coast...

2nd that.

Didn't know you are a fan of Ah Boon :)

Mention my name Mr. Seah to Ah Boon might help you get discount 5 cents or 10 cents from Ah Boon! :lol:

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Do a search on the forum, topic has been discussed many times. These threads should be able to give you your answer.

Thanks !

Call up C& C and they recommend autotrend ...quoted $40...

bought the Garmin 2575 at Parasilk $389...Zion raod quoted

$449 ...so much diff??

Guess U have to do some homework before buying :)

Best buy is at IT or Electronic shows & at times freebies too.

• Like 1

Cheers

Didn't know you are a fan of Ah Boon :)

Mention my name Mr. Seah to Ah Boon might help you get discount 5 cents or 10 cents from Ah Boon! :lol:

that time I mentioned your name and instead of giving me 10% discount, Ah Boon charge me 10% more....

• Like 1

that time I mentioned your name and instead of giving me 10% discount, Ah Boon charge me 10% more....

He gave me 5% off your 10% :)

Cheers

I mentioned ur name and Ah Boon LL gave me $10 discount

When he told me that, I had to buy him roast duck drumstick rice :)

Cheers

Just imagine you see nothing else of the cable except the USB/microusb plug coming out from your front windscreen to your dashboard.

Cheers