• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Stone chips love DRL

In europe DRL damage by stone chip is alarming. I think sg is quite safe but not too sure if u head down to NS. So is better get it tint or stick with a layer of quality 3M.

8f03cf0b.jpg

I hv manage to convince my eccentric sticker guy to do it for our forum at $75 only for front headlight & DRL using normal tint film. This is my tint not for ppl with weak heart :) His contact nos 9726 1416.

ae165ca3.jpg

I wonder will the light quality be affected with a film in front? I have this nightmare of my ILS got stone chipped on the front, so thinking of putting the film.

I wonder will the light quality be affected with a film in front? I have this nightmare of my ILS got stone chipped on the front, so thinking of putting the film.

U can stick it with a clear tint coat or alternatively 3M protection coat headlight alone cost $80, DRL additional charges.

Blackmercs will your simple mod void my AVIVA insurance ?

U can stick it with a clear tint coat or alternatively 3M protection coat headlight alone cost $80, DRL additional charges.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

Blackmercs will your simple mod void my AVIVA insurance ?

All my mods will void agent & insurance warranty & LTA unfriendly. So is not for those with a weak heart. When on the road siam here & there is stressful but i like!!

U r so bad guy. Later LTA blacklist u.

That's why he is aka blackmercs. Always ready to poison you!

Arshavin, you should really void your insurer. What you are getting yourself now is like your work, must have documentation and certification by Aviva (FAA). :D

Arshavin, you should really void your insurer. What you are getting yourself now is like your work, must have documentation and certification by Aviva (FAA). :D

Ya man, life is too short to control by one stoopid insurance thingy.

• 3 weeks later...

Bro, I'm driving a c-coupe and I notice that the DRL turn off when the headlight is on. How can I have it on even my headlight is on?

As I know u are the one that can help.

Welcome!! Bcoz yr ride does not comes with xenon & ILS. If you want the DRL to turn on whenever u switch on the headlight look for Autospritz for advise. Who are they? Do a search this topics has been discuss too many times.

So why u dump bmw?

it wont protect the headlamps? i was thinking of putting the film to protect the headlamps and drl ..

For protection call the sticker guy and ask for 3M film instead of normal tint film. Cost slightly more though.

it wont protect the headlamps? i was thinking of putting the film to protect the headlamps and drl ..

I got e best actually from autovox. But e speed I run e car wouldn't protect against a slightly larger rock. And one spider web is all u need to destroy e purpose of the chip guard film

yup already made an appointment this sat with your recommended sticker guy! haha.. hope can protect the headlamps and drl. will it turn yellow over time??

Err call 3M to ask?

Actually my wife is driving the c-coupe and I'm driving my X5. Just that I want to do up a little on her ride only a little....

Thanks manz, I'll do a search..

Welcome!! Bcoz yr ride does not comes with xenon & ILS. If you want the DRL to turn on whenever u switch on the headlight look for Autospritz for advise. Who are they? Do a search this topics has been discuss too many times.

So why u dump bmw?

More evident on a white car actually.

Bro so the 3M wont helps the impact of stone chips? Also its will turn yellow too for 3M brand?