• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

5k wheel rotation

Sam

When my patient asks if it's ok to miss lunch & then eat dinner later becos he's too busy to eat....i'll say 'sure thing, but you are risking a gastritis episode'. Better to have a late lunch followed by a late dinner. Similarly...late rotation will give rise to greater uneven wear between the front & back. Go figure!

• Like 1

Any expert here would like to share why See&See require 5k & not 10k for tyres rotation? The market practise is 10k for rotation is this necessary?

because they miss you and want to see you more often.. :wub:

Muahahaha wet!! I got no cup!!

Tak chek :ph34r: - straight from the C Class manual..

Interchanging the front and rear wheels of differing dimensions can render the general operating permit invalid.

Always pay attention to the instructions and safety notices in the section on "Wheel changing and spare wheel fitting" more.

The wear patterns on the front and rear tyres differ, depending on the operating conditions. Interchange the wheels before a clear wear pattern has formed on the tyres. Front tyres typically wear more on the shoulders and the rear tyres in the centre.

On vehicles that have the same size front and rear wheels, you can interchange the wheels every 5,000 km to 10,000 km depending on the degree of tyre wear. Maintain the direction of tyre rotation.

Clean the contact surfaces of the wheel and the brake disc thoroughly every time a wheel is interchanged. Check the tyre pressure and, if necessary, restart the tyre pressure loss warning system or the tyre pressure monitor.

Interchanging the front and rear wheels of differing dimensions can render the general operating permit invalid.

Always pay attention to the instructions and safety notices in the section on "Wheel changing and spare wheel fitting" more.

The wear patterns on the front and rear tyres differ, depending on the operating conditions. Interchange the wheels before a clear wear pattern has formed on the tyres. Front tyres typically wear more on the shoulders and the rear tyres in the centre.

On vehicles that have the same size front and rear wheels, you can interchange the wheels every 5,000 km to 10,000 km depending on the degree of tyre wear. Maintain the direction of tyre rotation.

Clean the contact surfaces of the wheel and the brake disc thoroughly every time a wheel is interchanged. Check the tyre pressure and, if necessary, restart the tyre pressure loss warning system or the tyre pressure monitor.

Orh so profound!! Thanks for the infro, so is like a gal miss a period cycle is not like end of the world lah. I thought miss 5k is going Armageddon :)

Orh so profound!! Thanks for the infro, so is like a gal miss a period cycle is not like end of the world lah. I thought miss 5k is going Armageddon :)

Oi, if a girl missed a period cycle, you better be careful and be responsible hor.... don't play play, go watson buy a test kit....

After the test then you decide if is going to be Armageddon....

• Like 1

Oi, if a girl missed a period cycle, you better be careful and be responsible hor.... don't play play, go watson buy a test kit....

After the test then you decide if is going to be Armageddon....

Lolz i will go See&See to buy a test kit if i miss my 5k rotation. Talking about 5k rotation is free if u hv given a voucher. They top up nitrogen FOC too. Not sure this package is valid for after u change to replica cheapo rims like me or not. Till then, i be back for the truth & no need go figure!! Lolz

Thanks bro. Still within 10k..Went there once during lunch time, the service person were out for lunch too :P

When my patient asks if it's ok to miss lunch & then eat dinner later becos he's too busy to eat....i'll say 'sure thing, but you are risking a gastritis episode'. Better to have a late lunch followed by a late dinner. Similarly...late rotation will give rise to greater uneven wear between the front & back. Go figure!

No choice then make excuse to upgrade / change to bigger rims & tyres (classy buffet?) LOL

• 1 month later...

Should i still go for the 5K rotation if i have changed the stock rim & tyres?

I suppose it depends on when you changed your stock rims and tyres. If from day one then go do your rotation. If at 2k then do your rotation at 7k. You get the drift.

Haha..I have reserve a set of new 18" rim from LS(delivery by this 2 week) and my ride mileage is ard 4k now...is that mean I should get my rotation ard 8k... C&C will entertain me or not.?

C&C entertains all paying customers. Hahaha…

I think 5k tire rotation for street tires are a little overkill, unless we are talking about soft compound tires couple with aggressive wheel camber.

I just rotated mine (FL C180CGI) at home when the car hit 10,000km and will do it at 10,000km intervals.

Does C&C include the full size spare wheel in the tire rotation pattern?

sparetire.png

Hi, is it worth doing wheel rotation if my front wheel size is smaller than the back wheels?

I am on staggered setup as well. Did my tire rotation where they swapped the front left with front right and rear left with rear right.