• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

N00b Suspension Question

HYM

With the 19" rims and rubber-band tires installed, I have a gap of about 5.5 - 6cm between wheel and fender, which I thought was good enough to give passengers a comfy enough ride. What happened was I drove hard over the weekend with my in-laws in the back (haha!) and they commented that they could feel every hump and pothole.

Question: I know cutting springs wouldn't help with the soft springs. Would getting some coilovers or some new stiff springs help with narrowing the tire-fender gap and give the passengers *more* comfort than what the current suspension offer? Or would it be very little diff for comfort?

Gam siah many many.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro your tyre profile too low lah, want comfort go with original 17" or even 16" lagi better!

The original springs on the W204 are meant for comfort. Contrary to what you think, getting stiffer springs or coilovers will only magnify the problem of a harsh ride.

I lombang u around in my car at the next GTG and you will know what i mean

Bro your tyre profile too low lah, want comfort go with original 17" or even 16" lagi better!

The original springs on the W204 are meant for comfort. Contrary to what you think, getting stiffer springs or coilovers will only magnify the problem of a harsh ride.

Spot on. :)

Onz!

Gam siah, bros! Now I can tell my PM that I chose wheels too big and change suspension also won't help!

yeah these guys are right. regret trading comfort for aesthetics when I just upgraded to 19". think 18' would have been sufficent .engine also working harder to pull the extra weight. sian. no choice but to tune the car next :lol: