• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Honda

Guest angela

I've always been a fan of the VTEC engine and I must confess that I do miss my EG!! It was a 3 dr hatch with a B16A and 14" Advan A032R. Every commute was exciting because it represented an opportunity to be in the "zone". After sitting in your FD, it brings back good memories and certainly look forward to a future garage with at least an S2K :P

Shiok.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

I've always been a fan of the VTEC engine and I must confess that I do miss my EG!! It was a 3 dr hatch with a B16A and 14" Advan A032R. Every commute was exciting because it represented an opportunity to be in the "zone". After sitting in your FD, it brings back good memories and certainly look forward to a future garage with at least an S2K :P

Shiok.

Wah lao, how come you didn't tell me you're an ex vtec owner? I must learn from you regarding the technical stuff! :iconsalut:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest shinjiono84

I only know right foot press longer will make heavenly noise :pray:

when your vtec opens u mean

sad to say the i-vtec is not as predictable as the previous VTECs

Guest dewey

Shiok.

i'm vtec fan too...

used to drive EG6 & EK4

Anyone can offer any explanation why there is a glut of Civic Type Rs for sale in the market ?! I'm baffled.

euro-type or jap-type?

Both also... euro type got at laest 10 in sgcarmart, Jap 5 .....

Wah, so jialat? I like the euro type R shape quite a lot.

I like the Euro CTRs (FN2R) shape as well. Interior looks abit more quality than the FD2R. Pity that the power output is lower and the brakes are so plain looking vs the brembos on the JDM counterpart.

• 4 weeks later...

honda_cr-z.jpg

Honda CR-Z On Sale February!

July 14, 2009 by Peter Horniak

Filed under Japanese News, Latest Articles

11 Comments

Not to be out done by rumors of Toyota and Subaru’s ‘Toyobaru’, Honda Japan has just released news that it’s CR-Z will go on sale early next year here in Japan.

Honda CR-Z On Sale Next February

The car, which has been talked about as the successor to the highly popular CR-X of the 80’s and 90’s was first debuted in 2007 at the 40th Tokyo Motorshow. However, Honda has gone out and confirming that the JDM CR-Z will be in dealers early 2010. The car will be a compact, light weight two door FF coupe and will use Honda’s Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) Hybrid system. At the same time Honda also confirmed that there will be a Hybrid version of their Honda Fit, also using the IMA system, bound for the Japanese market by around mid 2010. Specs of the CR-Z will likely look something like this:

Length: 3995mm

Width: 1760mm

Height: 1280mm

Wheelbase: 2500mm

Weight: 1150kg

Engine/Size: 1500cc LDA Series SOHC

Power/Torque: 120ps/6000rpm /14.5kgm/4500rpm

Transmission: CVT 6 Speed Manual

Price: 2.5 million yen

honda_cr-z_concept.jpg

Honda CR-Z Concept

With news like this, the focus of lightweight affordable sports cars may possibly go from what was a Toyota vs. Nissan game in the past to a Toyota vs. Honda match in the near future. In terms of the CR-Z and Toyobaru, it will be interesting to see how this will all unfold as both cars are roughly the same dimensions, aimed at the same markets and in the same price brackets. We will now have to wait until the Tokyo Motor Show for more concrete information on the CR-Z and possibly the Toyobaru but Honda fans can rejoice for the meantime!

Words: Peter Horniak

• 5 months later...
Guest VBlaster_W211

The CRZ is a complete disappointment. Underpowered 1.5 with IMA that adds weight with just another 20bhp. Definitely not CRX successor worthy. And my other car is a Honda and I'm a VTEC junkie :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest AutoAvantGarde

2721723.jpg

Honda says it will stop production of the Civic Type R four-door model at the end of August 2010. The car was being manufactured at the company's Suzuka factory in Japan. Its predecessor had come off Honda's Swindon, Wiltshire, UK, production line.

Unlike its three-door hatchback sibling with 150 kW (201 bhp/ 204 PS), the four-door Type R's 2.0-litre naturally aspirated engine was injected with extra power for a rating of 168 kW (225 bhp / 228 PS). Drive goes to the front wheels through a 6-speed manual transmission.

The Type R badge is worn by Honda's performance models and was first offered with the legendary NSX back in 1992. The first Civic Type R appeared in 1997.

• 1 month later...
Guest AutoAvantGarde

keltanky wrote:

this RR is 1 of the 2 RR in SG lor...

1 is white? the other is this gleaming RED!!

thought RR only come in Red, could be the owner spray to white.