• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

19" rims for C Coupe, overkill?

Guest Leftfield

Guest hkhamateur

E-CAB wrote:

Actually I saw your rims at LS. 1.5k per pc w/o tyres. That's double of what I usually pay for rims alone. Your rims r swee! :becky:

Bro, I havent got time to window shop. Maybe the regular rims shops like LS, Yap and Rays may carry it. If you happen to get a quote, pls let me know too.

Tks poison king. Will find time to window shop a little.

Bro E-cab, did u hear wrongly? S$1.5K each wo tire?? :shocked:

Base on e Pic, dun think is original coz e AMG is stick on type! LS Kelvin ever mentioned to me tat stick on AMG emblem re replica Thailand n engrave type re fm taiwan. :whistle:

Mayb his quote mistakenly re referg to e original set 19' AMG rims (coated black col) which is S$6k fr a set of 4 rims.

Guys, sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I saw the ORIGINAL amg c63 rims.

$1.5k per rim w/o tyres bu it's 19 inch.

Replica I've yet to find out.

jhun_4040 wrote:

1.5k per piece ?? Original ??

Yap ST wrote:

Yes true....

The cost per pc is £1.2 was thinking of getting lei. But bro DES said the same happening as you..

:Cry::Cry::Cry:

Guest jhun_4040

E-CAB wrote:

Apprx 1/3 of the price of the original, i used to have it on my ride until i change to my current rims.

Guest jhun_4040

hkhamateur wrote:

Bro E-cab, did u hear wrongly? S$1.5K each wo tire?? :shocked:

Base on e Pic, dun think is original coz e AMG is stick on type! LS Kelvin ever mentioned to me tat stick on AMG emblem re replica Thailand n engrave type re fm taiwan. :whistle:

Mayb his quote mistakenly re referg to e original set 19' AMG rims (coated black col) which is S$6k fr a set of 4 rims.

Yes, the AMG is stickered one, that y make me dl although the rims very nice. The sticker keep dropping off even when i use until industrial epoxy adhesive on the stickers done under cleanroom environment and heat to dry.

when i was buying tat time dun have the taiwan engraved one, maybe now have already ! lucky u guys !

Guest sampan400k

E-CAB wrote:

If im not wrong,

One of my friend was install this rims 2 weeks ago on his E class.

its was 19" and replica

And now wanted to sell off, change to 20"

Will check out for you where he bought its.

hope its help.

Tks for the tip.

jhun_4040 wrote:

Apprx 1/3 of the price of the original, i used to have it on my ride until i change to my current rims.

Now all bros will buy only engraved reps. :becky:

jhun_4040 wrote:

Yes, the AMG is stickered one, that y make me dl although the rims very nice. The sticker keep dropping off even when i use until industrial epoxy adhesive on the stickers done under cleanroom environment and heat to dry.

when i was buying tat time dun have the taiwan engraved one, maybe now have already ! lucky u guys !

sampan400k wrote:

If im not wrong,

One of my friend was install this rims 2 weeks ago on his E class.

its was 19" and replica

And now wanted to sell off, change to 20"

Will check out for you where he bought its.

hope its help.

This was posted quite some time ago.....for the benefit of those who had not read it before.

Work Wheels International sales division come to visit Australia for the first time.

During one of magazine interview, one of the questions asked was about replica work rims that is floating around to that this is the answer

they said they see the situation in two light.

one it is quite an honor that people want to copy their wheel. it shows they have make it on the scene. no one wants to make a copy of bad brand. only good brand they want to copy.

on the bad side, it does damage the reputation if somone using fake work wheels and the wheel failed.

the president of work wheels went to thailand one day for a visit and decided to grab a set of replica work wheels and to be send back to japan to be tested for safety requirements for road worthiness.

out of 4. 2 passed and 2 failed.

i was told that's the scary part. replica wheel can be made with inconsistent quality. and when work wheels create their wheels, they go thru different testing as follows:

Dynamic cornering fatigue test - Transverse forces to the wheel during bending

Dynamic radial fatigue test - Stress to the wheel during straight or cornering driving

Impact test - Measure the strength against breaking and air-leak dropped at 90 degree

Work Wheel has been certified to be above JWL and JWL-T standard by 120% on all testing.

I was told it is like a russian roulette. It just takes one of them to malfunction and your life can be at risk. and thats what they fear. People think work wheels has failed and caused serious accident or death when it is actually the replica.

A lot of people think it is just a piece of metal and why we should be paying so much for it, i guess you are paying for the piece of mind and consistency in quality. Each work wheels goes thru stringent testing before it is handed over to you.

Neither i am here to judge with what you spend your money with. For me there are two things i will not compromise tyres and wheels. They are the one that is contact with tarmac and they are the one that if fail to perform cause greatest damage and fatality.

On personal stand, i will not buy or sell replica parts. To me it is not right even though it will cost me profit as i have been asked if i sell them. But like i say i am not to judge what you want your spend your money on, but just shedding some perspective from japanese side who has their wheel being copied.

Respect begets respect. As a mod, you have been accorded some respect for your strong views from forumners, but likewise we forumners would like to be reciprocated for our views from you.

Guest blackmercs

jtang wrote:

Respect begets respect. As a mod, you have been accorded some respect for your strong views from forumners, but likewise we forumners would like to be reciprocated for our views from you.

Sure starts a new thread. Love to hear from you & george views.

Guest Leftfield

Ok folks, this is way OT already. Anyway I find this argument really going nowhere. Replicas are not cheap today in anyway, the 19' ones I was looking at was almost the same price as the original AMGs!

Anyway, I collected the car today and straight away headed to Leong Seng to have the rims changed.

IMG_0198.jpg

Stock rims offset very 'safe' and honestly can't really make it

IMG_0201.jpg

After careful consideration, decided to go for 18' instead (listened to Unker's advice, if want comfort, stop at 18')

IMG_0204.jpg

I suppose at the same price point, people obviously will choose originals over replicas, replicas today are very well made and some of them do command a premium! :becky:

Guest Leftfield

nightfly wrote:

Wow - a definite improvement bro congrats!!

The offset of the rims were perfect! Nicely flushed. Did almost 80km in the car today. It's really a cruiser, I can drive all day and not get tired. Can't wait for the opportunity to go on the NSHW! :becky:

Guest darkavenger

Leftfield wrote:

Ok folks, this is way OT already. Anyway I find this argument really going nowhere. Replicas are not cheap today in anyway, the 19' ones I was looking at was almost the same price as the original AMGs!

Anyway, I collected the car today and straight away headed to Leong Seng to have the rims changed.

IMG_0198.jpg

Stock rims offset very 'safe' and honestly can't really make it

IMG_0201.jpg

After careful consideration, decided to go for 18' instead (listened to Unker's advice, if want comfort, stop at 18')

IMG_0204.jpg

I suppose at the same price point, people obviously will choose originals over replicas, replicas today are very well made and some of them do command a premium! :becky:

looks much better! what's the next mod? does it flush nicely?

Guest Leftfield

Icez wrote:

Cool bro..what's the top up $ after trade in? :) less than $2k?

Very complex, cos I had traded in the old rims/tires from my previous car and the new rims/tyres from the coupe to get stock rims/tyres for my previous car and these AMG rims/tyres.

And yes, nett nett I paid less than 2K in the end. :becky:

Guest darkavenger

Leftfield wrote:

C63 steering wheel with shift paddles and I will be done! No more mods liao! :music:

no tuning, changing of grille, darkening of front and back light etc etc? lol

anyway, is this staggered setup? what tires are you on?

Guest Leftfield

darkavenger wrote:

no tuning, changing of grille, darkening of front and back light etc etc? lol

anyway, is this staggered setup? what tires are you on?

This is staggered. Front is +45 8', back is +49 8.5'. Tyres are Conti CS3s.

Will likely tint the front lights more for protection from stone chips. I like the grille as it is, and mine's already a C250, I'm happy with the power. This is a cruiser! :hand:

Guest Leftfield

Icez wrote:

How much %$ diff for org vs replica AMG rims 18"? Half the price?

I'm not comparing same size but the 19' Thai AMG replicas with tires was only $100 cheaper than the original AMG 18' ones. I doubt the 18' replicas will be half the price.