• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

19" rims for C Coupe, overkill?

Guest Leftfield

Guest blackmercs

Simi lesser or not for rich ppl talk only. Been using replicas for donkey years. Driving hard & fast in / out NS no issue at all. So poor ppl like me dont hv much choice!! Chooser dont beg, begger cant choose. Let show of hand here how many ppl had had experience crack rims?? Also, to me anything not from Mercedes is consider replica, so u got to ask yrself all yr stuffs original?

We can argue till the cow come home. To sum up, "To each of his own"!! Is yr car yr money yr choice. Why bother!!!

Guest yc2005

george wrote:

One of them go over a piece of stone around the size of 6-8cm, cos on low profile tyres....the rims broke...

So do you think originals would be able to withstand it?

Guest george

yc2005 wrote:

So do you think originals would be able to withstand it?

I am not sure....but I think it is all about heng sway.....so far after seeing a few friends with such problems, I rather not take the risk....It's your car and your money....do what you wish....who can say anything....as long as you are ....hell with what other says.....life is short...enjoy your ride and mod....:becky:

Guest george

blackmercs wrote:

to me anything not from Mercedes is consider replica, so u got to ask yrself all yr stuffs original? We can argue till the cow come home. To sum up, "To each of his own"!! Is yr car yr money yr choice. Why bother!!!

Cannot like that say la, replica is is like fake lei. If you are using Brembo or AP Racing BBK, do you call it replica?

Guest blackmercs

george wrote:

Cannot like that say la, replica is is like fake lei. If you are using Brembo or AP Racing BBK, do you call it replica?

Ya why not?? Everything must be original. To me all my replica is consider original too if based on what u mentioned. For BBK to me only AMG is orginal the rest is replica coz is not from Mecerdes & made in Germany.

Guest Leftfield

george wrote:

I am not sure....but I think it is all about heng sway.....so far after seeing a few friends with such problems, I rather not take the risk....It's your car and your money....do what you wish....who can say anything....as long as you are ....hell with what other says.....life is short...enjoy your ride and mod....:becky:

You should buy TOTO, so many friends had issues with replica rims, what are the odds man! :shocked:

Guest Leftfield

hkhamateur wrote:

I do agreed. Bt again mai sway nei as of 1000 pcs original, 1 defect (QC pb)! :whistle:

So kena defect more sway or kena stone more sway? Wait...u must kena defect then hit stone, wah damn sway!!! :bounce:

Guest darkavenger

jtang wrote:

Lim pei quoted it lah..."Why stain a pure German bred wth lesser DNA?":becky:

Siao liao.... my tires not made in Germany.... no wonder run over nails can pang zek.

george wrote:

I totally agree with George here. Replicas are nothing but direct copies..PERIOD! It's rather naive & simplistic to call everything not Merc a replica. Brembo or APs as mentioned are NOT replicas. They have R&D, race proven, TUV approved & most importantly a warranty against defects. A replica rim is most likely manufactured under questionable QC, if you value your life lesser than a purist, go ahead & make your day. But, I hope your love ones are valued more.

Guest blackmercs

I totally disagree, how do you know replicas there are no data? Most of them have obtained ISO 2000 to 14000 certificate & went through thoroughly safety check & inspection & recognise by worldwide certification board. Certification like VIA, JWL & TUV.

Wow if i dont buy original means i dont value my life? What a joke!! Lets see who die first then.

blackmercs wrote:

I totally disagree, how do you know replicas there are no data? Most of them have obtained ISO 2000 to 14000 certificate & went through thoroughly safety check & inspection & recognise by worldwide certification board. Certification like VIA, JWL & TUV.

Wow if i dont buy original means i dont value my life? What a joke!! Lets see who die first then.

i agreed with you, there are Replicas that are good, of course there are also some Replicas that are sucks........not all replicas are that bad.........

some are as good as the Original only thing is they are of a different brand

cheers

Guest limengwah

lcohol wrote:

I'm planning for 19" too. Going to look look see see this weekend.

I think 19" is definately more swee.

Just installed 19" last few days, no issue bout comfort .

Guest sampan400k

Was busy one whole day, and now got the chance to read all the posting.

and I was :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Anyway, I have just install my Replicas AMG rims.

My life have no value, and I have no money.

I think im should be fine with the replicas Rims.

photo-2.jpg

no offence to anyone, just my 2cents life.

:becky::becky::becky:

Guest lcohol

sampan400k wrote:

My life have no valve, and I have no money.

photo-2.jpg

Bro is it 19"? Care to pm to share how much and where to buy pls?

Guest blackmercs

sampan400k wrote:

My life have no value, and I have no money.

photo-2.jpg

Muahahaha well said!! Nice & chio REPLICA rims!! Planning to spray the ORIGINAL caliper red in color??

Guest sampan400k

lcohol wrote:

Bro is it 19"? Care to pm to share how much and where to buy pls?

Sorry bro, Mine was 18" not 19"

and is a 100% Replicas AMG rims.

FYI

Replicas AMG rims and Michelin PS3

cost me $2800.00

Guest sampan400k

blackmercs wrote:

Muahahaha well said!! Nice & chio REPLICA rims!! Planning to spray the ORIGINAL caliper red in color??

Tks bro,

for edit my spelling mistake.