• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

new C-class

Guest angela

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

There is an optional "advance agility control" package that in a sense, adjust your suspension. It's not so much of changing the height but more of adjusting the damping so that it becomes stiffer for sports driving.

Guest speckie1

emm...i think u got it wrong, amg sports package should be lower than the elegance/avangarde, what your refering to is the advance agility and that when press sports mode the suspension will lower.

maybe i need to compare to a stock version. but didn't look any lower. i've got both the sports package and the advanced agility option. :-\

emm...i think u got it wrong, amg sports package should be lower than the elegance/avangarde, what your refering to is the advance agility and that when press sports mode the suspension will lower.

maybe i need to compare to a stock version. but didn't look any lower. i've got both the sports package and the advanced agility option. :-\

Meet me this sat, will show you mine than you can start comparing ,mine are avangarde with the AAC and lowered. See you

Guest speckie1

9339 ]

maybe i need to compare to a stock version. but didn' wrote:

Meet me this sat, will show you mine than you can start comparing ,mine are avangarde with the AAC and lowered. See you

got to be another day, :-[ sorry. got family duties on Saturday. Sigh....

Guest Protoss

can anyone confirm whether if W204 installed with electronic immobiliser, or any anti-theft devices ?

Thanks !

Its an option, Anti-theft alarm system with tow-away protection, interior monitoring system, cnc quoted $1.8k for this system........ :o

AMG sport package came wif lowered 15mm, Advance agility in sport mode lower another 15mm???

both should be using the same springs as they are both lower than stock by 15mm.

Advance agility's Sport mode doesn't lower at all, just changes dampening characteristics (among other things).

• 2 months later...
Guest slimy

Finally, after 4 1/2 months wait, got my C180. Just to check with the bros out there, when I put my lights on auto, the fog lamps sometimes comes on and off and also 1 side of the fog lamps turns off ocassionally. Is this normal???

Guest funng

Finally, after 4 1/2 months wait, got my C180. Just to check with the bros out there, when I put my lights on auto, the fog lamps sometimes comes on and off and also 1 side of the fog lamps turns off ocassionally. Is this normal???

Hi Bro slimy, firstly, congrats on your merc. What a long wait!

Secondly, Thats a feature called active cornering function, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The fog lights will come on when you make a turn on the wheel(about quarter turn) or activate the turning indicator, all below 40km/h I think. It makes cornering into un-lit bends/roads much easier by illuminating the road ahead. Even in reverse, fog lights opposite to the turning side will light up. No worries, its a safety feature. But I must admit, its does give a feeling like its not working properly, especially if you're see it from the outside.

perhaps you might want to find more information here. Hope it helps. http://www.worldcarfans.com/2060208.009/mercedes-intelligent-light-system

Not sure if you're on the intelligent light system, but I presume it has become a safety feature on most new mercs.

And also, not only in auto function, even if you switched on the lights manually, the fog lights will still light up, at least thats what happens in my e200.

Cheers

Thats a feature called active cornering function, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure if you're on the intelligent light system, but I presume it has become a safety feature on most new mercs.

it's just "cornering light function".

Intelligent Light System is only standard for C&C's C280/350.

can check out the following: http://www3.mercedes-benz.com/teclex/main_en.html

Guest slimy

Hi bro funng and bro eyke,

Thks for the explaination and the link. I added the Keyless Go and Bi-Xenon options which my SE says Adaptive Lights is included.

A bit dissappointed that the Keyless Go is a separate button fitted ontop of the start engine keyhole instead of the start/stop button on the gear like the e200.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sleephead6

Hi 9339,

I am considering buying a C200 from PI. I need your advice as I see read in some of the postings that you had a good experience with PI.

How much did you pay for it and what OMV?

Which PI?

I understand that you have "avangarde with the advance agilty and sports suspension" => that is almost 6K = $4300 + $1700

What other specs do you have?

Memory seats on both front & passenger side?

Bi-Xenon?

Parktronic?

Keyless Go?

6 CD Changer

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sleephead6

Hi 9339,

I could not wait for 6 mths so bought the car from another Pi, but thank you for your help...

Will love to meetup with you and the rest when my car is here..estimated to be 1st week of Oct..

Do you have any advise on running in ?

1500Km? RPM? etc...

Hi 9339,

I could not wait for 6 mths so bought the car from another Pi, but thank you for your help...

Will love to meetup with you and the rest when my car is here..estimated to be 1st week of Oct..

1500Km? RPM? etc...

congratz on your new ride.... & welcome to the family... hope u will join us once u get your new ride.

the newer merc now dont need to do run in. also the 1st is at 10k. saves a whole lot of time & money now.

Hi 9339,

1500Km? RPM? etc...

let do a NS run for you soon ya!

congratz on your new ride.... & welcome to the family... hope u will join us once u get your new ride.

the newer merc now dont need to do run in. also the 1st is at 10k. saves a whole lot of time & money now.

Hi 9339,

1500Km? RPM? etc...

Congrat on your new ride... :welcome: another W204.

Like what sy say, no need run in, only thing to be careful is NO HARD BRAKE for the first few hundred km.

Anyway i went Buka before my first 500km.

*Who is your service workshop ? Best if can tied up with MBM cos we have 20% less for labour.

Guest sleephead6

Hi 9339,

Yes...MBM...and I still owe u lunch for your help...

My plan is to:

Drive for 1000Km..enjoy stock..

the add in sprint booster; drive another 500K then add in kleeman K-Box..and ????

I saw the pictures of your ride...

I like your twin pipe exhaust..

where did u do it & how much sir?