• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

new C-class

Guest angela

came with pilot primacy and traded-in for pilot preceda 2...

where can do trade in? is it worth it for me to trade in my Dunlop Sports 01 MO for pilot preceda 2?

which is more quiet? can anyone advise?

from south east.. not sure about sports 01 but pilot premacy is not even a performance tyre and got quite bad rating for noise.. wonder why it is one of the choices when they are giving CSC3...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, new here currently an Audi A4 1.8T owner and considering the C Class. Is the C230 worth getting over the C200? My Audi has been chipped to 205 horses and not sure if i can give that extra uoomph of the turbo as well.

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

I was looking at the spec of the C200 and the C230 as well, the diference seems minimal 184 vs 204 hp whilst the torque is higher for the C200 also. list price is 23k difference. Giving up 20 horse from my current car is going to be painful. But i love the shape of the new C class. Anyone here driven/got the C280? ;)

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

I was looking at the spec of the C200 and the C230 as well, the diference seems minimal 184 vs 204 hp whilst the torque is higher for the C200 also. list price is 23k difference. Giving up 20 horse from my current car is going to be painful. But i love the shape of the new C class. Anyone here driven/got the C280? ;)

Traded in my STi for the C200.....I felt more painful than u! Collected my ride today and cum wif CSC3.

bro isk005/speckie1, wah from rex and evo to c200, i am sure you guys will miss the power big time. time to do some performance mods :P

But agian, the comfort level is completely diff....

Guest speckie1

no way la, C63 is so new.

but isn't the C63 using current engine? so can essentially use previous W203 model engine, that's old enough ;D

yah lah, change engine is not legal lah... singapore motor modifications very strict, many things also illegal :)

even all the Kleeman upgrades etc are grey areas

Guest speckie1

the w203 come in 2 different engine, the M111 & M271.

mmmm....looks like i need more research. hahaha....just doing theoretical study....not that i am going to swap engine or anything like that. feasibility checks :P

• 2 weeks later...

changing engine is illegal here, consider cheating case

yah lah, change engine is not legal lah... singapore motor modifications very strict, many things also illegal :)

even all the Kleeman upgrades etc are grey areas

unless both engines are of the same size and one of the cars must be scrapped right after that...

so... if you can get both engines to be the "same size"... it can be done right?

^.^ dont think to much..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lsk005

Hi, new here currently an Audi A4 1.8T owner and considering the C Class. Is the C230 worth getting over the C200? My Audi has been chipped to 205 horses and not sure if i can give that extra uoomph of the turbo as well.

Me also a B7 owner. Seriously spking, the B7 steering feel is better than C200. Y dun wait till the B8 reach our shores and make comparision with the c200.

Guest kopimonster

never had a chance to test drive the C200, but was suprise that the FWD B7 have a better steering than the RWD C200.

btw, heard that the B8s only comes in CVT gearboxes...very disappointing >:(

• 1 month later...
Guest angela

Hi,

I'm a newbie... Just wanna check something... What did your cars come wif? (e.g keyless, parktronic etc) How much did the car cost? Wanted to see what sort of deal we got. Never bought MB before so dunno wats std, wats extra, wats considered freebies...

Guest kopimonster

correct me if i am wrong, but from what i understand, freebies and price from C&C merc pretty standard, so not much difference expected.

but i am opting for parktronic to compensate for my poor parking skills :P