• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

new C-class

Guest angela

Guest gainax

wat kopimonster said is right, pretty much standard.

I only got solar film. (I think all se will give if u ask.)

Isn't Parktronic / bluetooth standard on all c class?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kopimonster

Isn't Parktronic / bluetooth standard on all c class?

oh...paisei paisei, juz checked, you are right, its standard...keep thinking i opt for it :P :-[

yup, i got the solar flim too...

Guest angela

I love the convenience of keyless go... but it's a $3400 option on the C-class! I know Merc ain't cheap... but that's an obscene price for something that many cars already offer! :P

Guest kopimonster

Oh, because it auto detects the key in your pocket and when you press the button then it will start. Otherwise it will say key not detected.

ic...interesting....any idea wat is the maximum distance for the system to detect the key before it opens the door?

Guest kopimonster

never had a chance to test drive the C200, but was suprise that the FWD B7 have a better steering than the RWD C200.

btw, heard that the B8s only comes in CVT gearboxes...very disappointing >:(

brother, to be frank with you CVT is a very good gear box. gear swift smooth, good FC.

you can still mod but drive sensibly.

those face problem with the gear box because thinking is a turbo car can mod extreme (stage 3 with big turbo and come with torque exceed 370) and drive like a mad dog, sure crash the CVT la cause CVT is not a sport gear box.

try driving a C200 like a mad dog?

hehe....i agree wif you bro, CVT is actually a very competent gearbox, upshifts is smooth as silk making it very suitable for day to day drive and gives you some good clean fun during your occasional spirited drive.

mind you, the audi cvt can safely take up to 270 bhp and 320nm of torque , handling aside, the power and torque figures alone brings you close to stock STi territory, which is pretty respectable in the local scene.

but for pple who wans to take it a little further, then it would be very limited, sure, we can throw in a garret turbo and bring it over 300bhp, but reliability will become an issue, and the worse is to risk blowing an engine or completely screw the gearbox. but yes, like wat you said, no harm mooding but drive sensibly, but then again, i suppose we will be missing out on the 300, 350 horses...big time ;D

so yeah, cvt is not bad, in fact, not bad at all, the cvt allows ride comfort second to none, so i suppose that is one of the reason why the a4 sells so well. but for those who wan more juice out of it, well, dual clutch is one solution, but i guess the local B8 A4 lineup will completely miss the DSG. hopefully, they will implement for the B9 series.

but no offence bro, i too drive an audi wif cvt, so i was actually hoping for more when they release the B8s on our shores, at least, it will give enthusiast more choices ;)

Guest kopimonster

no worries bro, so this month VAGSG meetup on the 27th at Kallang you going?

Cheers

would love to join you guys bro...but hard to get clearance on weekends...family day leh :P

but will try my best...c how it goes :)

Guest kopimonster

cause i heard the VAGSG will be having their meetup at the car park F too. guess Kallang Mac to pack liao with the Bimmer & SGR are there.

yalor, bimmer meetup...half the carpark gone liao ;D i also prefer carpark F...more space to drift...ermmm...i mean park :P ;D

Guest slimy

I booked my C180 on Feb this year with Keyless Go & Bi-Xenon Lights, still waiting for the car to arrive in May. Do agree that the options are quite expensive as the IS250 Luxury comes with it standard. That's why I want my car to have the same feature. ;D

Sorry , not criticizing. IS250 comes wif steering shift paddles too! If u booked yr W204 fr C&C, u should as well take the AMG package. It really worth to consider....sports seat, 3 spoke wif shift paddles, lowered sports suspension, perforated brake discs, speed sensitive steer, AMG light rims, rear AMG tail pipe and of course the beautiful aprons and skirts! All in only $8100! yr upgrade Bi-xenon + keyless sum up $7200.

Guest speckie1

Sorry , not criticizing. IS250 comes wif steering shift paddles too! If u booked yr W204 fr C&C, u should as well take the AMG package. It really worth to consider....sports seat, 3 spoke wif shift paddles, lowered sports suspension, perforated brake discs, speed sensitive steer, AMG light rims, rear AMG tail pipe and of course the beautiful aprons and skirts! All in only $8100! yr upgrade Bi-xenon + keyless sum up $7200.

err..doesn't lower very much...still got SUV gap. :P

Guest gainax

err..doesn't lower very much...still got SUV gap. :P

Is the sports suspension adjustable? my SE an uncle man, he dont noe all these. =.=!

Is the sports suspension adjustable? my SE an uncle man, he dont noe all these. =.=!

Dont under estimate "Uncle SE", is not easy to get in C&C,they all are train for all model before it lauch, you could have check again or try not to put it in Jap's car phase to him.

Guest kopimonster

RisingSuns ]

err..doesn' wrote:

bro, w204 got no adjustable suspension system, else i will de damn happy ;D

but if you really keen on adjustable suspension, keep an eye on benzline's bilstein pss10, it comes complete wif a controller that allows you to control your suspension settings from the comfort of ur cabin. but currently, they are not available for w204 yet, but will be in due time. but do note that if you do this, you will loose the agility suspension (not sure the exact name) feature that comes wif the w204.

actually i am also very keen and will be keeping a close watch, when the time comes, if i dont like the feel of my stock suspension, i will probably have to change :(

Guest speckie1

The AMG sports option essentially stiffens your suspension, give you better feedback in your steering wheel (beyond the standard agility control), tune your engine to be more responsive to your driving style and give you a bit more of a throaty exhaust note.

I was under the initial impression too that it would be lowered suspension. But when I first got the car, I on the sports mode and stepped out of the car, still same height :-[

now looking back, not sure i would have gone for the option if i had the choice again. might instead plump the money into an aftermarket adjustable suspension/coilover kit

Guest gainax

9339 ]

Dont under estimate "Uncle SE", is not easy to get in C&C,they all are train for all model before it lauch, you could have check again or try not to put it in Jap' wrote:

I didnt! he gotten confused btw the amg package and had to ask a young SE to come over. He almost tried to charge me the full price of the 18" AMG 5 spoke rims when it should only be $2900 since im getting the amg sports package and upgrading the package 17" amg 6 spoke rims. >:(

The AMG sports option essentially stiffens your suspension, give you better feedback in your steering wheel (beyond the standard agility control), tune your engine to be more responsive to your driving style and give you a bit more of a throaty exhaust note.

I was under the initial impression too that it would be lowered suspension. But when I first got the car, I on the sports mode and stepped out of the car, still same height

now looking back, not sure i would have gone for the option if i had the choice again. might instead plump the money into an aftermarket adjustable suspension/coilover kit

emm...i think u got it wrong, amg sports package should be lower than the elegance/avangarde, what your refering to is the advance agility and that when press sports mode the suspension will lower.