• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes Me Issue on PI Car

Hi all,

I have a GLB from PI and encountered this problem.  

The Mercedes Me of my car is registered to the PI's UK supplier and I cannot unregistered the previous owner.   I thought the car even if it is parallel imported, should not have Mercedes Me app registered to a non-owner.

Anyone has the same issue and how did you resolve it. 

Appreciate your kind advise.   Thank you in advance. 

Hi rsm2004, 

I did.  Initially I was told by the PI that  it is common on parallel imported car and some cost involved with a 3rd party.  But after some interchanges in the past few days,  I heard good news from them this afternoon that they will have work with their supplier to registered it and bear the cost. 

LOL... they are making up the story only for you, no cost involves.

What you need to do is to get the Mercedes Me on UK site and pretend you are a UK buyer then the system allow you to register.

I got my new GLA from C&C, everything work seamlessly.

Hi RSM2004, thanks.  I do have the app in my mobile and registered.  But I cannot link the mobile app to the car's Mercedes Me app as my MBUX shown it is registered to another UK person (PI's supplier).  So I need that person to deregister from the car....that was the trouble.  Hopefully it can be resolved in the next few days. 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, rsm2004 said:

What you need to do is to get the Mercedes Me on UK site and pretend you are a UK buyer then the system allow you to register.

Can I check how do u pretend I am UK buyer? My car doesn't have anyone register yet but everyone I scan the QR code it just won't work

On 3/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, Summeralive said:
On 2/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, rsm2004 said:

Can I check how do u pretend I am UK buyer? My car doesn't have anyone register yet but everyone I scan the QR code it just won't work

Expand  

I have read some where you need to some how let the app detect that you are a UK buyer and not SG buyer. So your phone is set in such a way that it is being identified as in UK, something like that.

Alternatively you have to ask your PI to get the seller in UK to help you register.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, rsm2004 said:

I have read some where you need to some how let the app detect that you are a UK buyer and not SG buyer. So your phone is set in such a way that it is being identified as in UK, something like that.

Alternatively you have to ask your PI to get the seller in UK to help you register.

Yup. Another way is act as if I'm in UK and register myself. But still trying to figure how to let the Mercedes me app think I'm UK user hahah

15 hours ago, Summeralive said:

Yup. Another way is act as if I'm in UK and register myself. But still trying to figure how to let the Mercedes me app think I'm UK user hahah

Get a UK address with your email.  that works.  I created a Gmail and put Downing Street as address.  Works

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, radon39 said:

Get a UK address with your email.  that works.  I created a Gmail and put Downing Street as address.  Works

I tried this method but won’t work. I got a UK address but it just won’t take my payment method. Anyone can help?

15 hours ago, Joellee said:

I tried this method but won’t work. I got a UK address but it just won’t take my payment method. Anyone can help?

I just installed the Mercedes ME Adaptor at CnC.

Due to "goodwill", CnC installed the Me Adaptor foc though my car is warranty is over

It works only when the vehicle is switched on and connected by BT

IMG_5422.thumb.jpg.697804853beacde038e59fedce79ccb6.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 12:59 PM, kepiting1sg said:

I just installed the Mercedes ME Adaptor at CnC.

Due to "goodwill", CnC installed the Me Adaptor foc though my car is warranty is over

It works only when the vehicle is switched on and connected by BT

IMG_5422.thumb.jpg.697804853beacde038e59fedce79ccb6.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

Called MB. They won;t even want to sell me the Adapter if my car was from PI.

8 hours ago, Antz69 said:

Called MB. They won;t even want to sell me the Adapter if my car was from PI.

Yes! CnC will not entertain PI car for all matters

Why not try our site sponsor Max from Elebest

Cheers

On 7/1/2021 at 11:44 PM, Antz69 said:

Are they able to help solve this issue with PI cars? I'll asking them. Thanks Bro!

For the benefits of other owners of PI car, please update here whether Max from Elebest can solve your issue.

Cheers

Nothing back from Elebest. I did some research. If your car was registered to another person, they have to either de-register their email account from the VIN number, or add you as an additional user. Obviously, it's very difficult. I wrote to the person registered with my car.... never responded.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. I just found this forum. Just nice, I have an e220d 2021 from PI. 

I was just successfully able to install Mercedes me UK app on my iphone (was a little tricky but it works). 

Then I set up a mercedes me account on the UK website. 

And now I managed to connect them all together and it is working well.

Now my next problem to solve is to call Mercedes Me UK and ask how can I install south east asia map. Map is updating but only my Europe map is updating, which is annoying. 

4 hours ago, itblocksg said:

I was just successfully able to install Mercedes me UK app on my iphone (was a little tricky but it works). 

Now my next problem to solve is to call Mercedes Me UK and ask how can I install south east asia map. Map is updating but only my Europe map is updating, which is annoying. 

Need to install the SEA map version if not wrong to your car headunit. 

better off to just use Waze or Google map with real time traffic. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, itblocksg said:

Lucky you. I am still stuck with mine issue. Guess I just have to live with it.