• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Android auto for E200

Angka

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, Angka said:

Hi,

Getting my new ride in Oct. Wondering if anyone manage to get Android auto on the head unit for E200? Only E300 for default

New E200? or which year & model?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

On 9/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, Angka said:

Hi,

Getting my new ride in Oct. Wondering if anyone manage to get Android auto on the head unit for E200? Only E300 for default

W213 from CnC will have both Android Auto & Carplay on the HU

Most W213 from // importers should have too.

Cheers

2 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

W213 from CnC will have both Android Auto & Carplay on the HU

Most W213 from // importers should have too.

I just booked from CnC E200 to replace my XC60, finally back again to MB family. Confirmed this new E200 doesn't come with mobile phone integration so no Apple Car Play or Android Auto. This older version non MBUX system.

3 hours ago, knighthunter said:

I just booked from CnC E200 to replace my XC60, finally back again to MB family. Confirmed this new E200 doesn't come with mobile phone integration so no Apple Car Play or Android Auto. This older version non MBUX system.

Yes only E300 come with mobile integration. Cannot understand so expensive car don't even have the basic features. Anyway can help to check whether it's mirror link available? If so I can mirror my android screen to the dashboard wirelessly. Thanks

Guess have to fork out some money to retrofit smartphone integration locally.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Angka said:

Ya once I get the car may need to pay the workshop a visit and confirm if will not good warranty with c&c

CnC will not void your warranty other than your infotainment system but still unlikely.

My previous rides, I changed the infotainment system from Audio 20 to COMAND on 2 of my previous rides from CnC.

Nothing said each time, I went for servicing.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Angka said:

Great to hear that. Btw any huge different from audio 20 to command?

Both the Audio 20 system and COMAND has evolved much over time.

I am not too sure about what features the latest Audio 20 has.

My current W213 E250 comes with COMAND same as my previous W212 E250 (2011)

I retrofitted COMAND on my 2012 E250 & 2011 W164 ML300

1. COMAND Navigation sucks cos the maps are never the latest unlike Live Navigation like Google Maps & Waze. COMAND navi usually rely on satellite signals like any other GPS devices but when your ride goes into a tunnel like KPE, with satellite signals COMAND will continue to navigate using the car sensors to  base on your car speed & directions of drive.

Navigation can be displayed on your instrument panel be it analog or digital. 

2. COMAND has the Voice Command feature, maybe now Audio 20 also has too.  Current voice command can access your infotainment features like Settings, Ambient Lights and in upgraded mode can call to control your AC settings, etc in addition to the usual Telephone, Radio & Navigation.

3. COMMAND has Gracenote functions which might display the songs album if information are available on your media even with USB stick, iPod, etc.

4. COMAND has a hard disk built into it. Previously COMAND has allocated a memory folder where you can DL your songs but no more now.

On my current ride, I usually use WAZE for navigation by Carplay or Android Auto.

Cheers

thanks for the detailed information. the car do come with the SD card map for navigation and you are right, Google maps & Waze are definitely better. 

the gracenote function will be interesting. i am currently using youtube music premium not sure whether the album etc information will be shown. sad audio 20 does not come with android auto. i am hoping it does support mirrorlink so that i can display my phone screen to the display. 

Too bad CnC cut off that option for E200 to increase "margin"

They used to do that for C Class equipping them with Halogen headlamps, no memory package and keyless function

Even my current Jakarta Fortuner (2017) comes with wireless mirroring for Android

In late 2018 self drive NZ holiday trip with Mitsubishi Outlander, it came with both Android Auto & Carplay (wired)

Best of all the car rental company provide me a Garmin GPS which I kept in the glove compartment for the whole trip.

I use Waze almost everyday especially here in Jakarta to avoid traffic jam :)

Cheers

My previous W204 was comes with command online, it was crap. Map update need to pay every 2 years need to pay. 

Volvo sensus online on my XC60 was similar to command online but AD giving live time free map update.

Actually almost getting Lexus Luxury Hybrid custom indent order including Mark Levinson system, but I get E200 just becuase of logical decision. CnC stock car need to take as it is,

3 hours ago, knighthunter said:

My previous W204 was comes with command online, it was crap. Map update need to pay every 2 years need to pay. 

Volvo sensus online on my XC60 was similar to command online but AD giving live time free map update.

Actually almost getting Lexus Luxury Hybrid custom indent order including Mark Levinson system, but I get E200 just becuase of logical decision. CnC stock car need to take as it is,

Almost every year there're S.E.A Maps update for COMAND.

MB used to charge an arm & leg for the COMAND features throughout S.E.A including HK.

Ending up very little car owners opt to have the COMAND option.

Thus In simple economics, unlike US & Europe the demand for maps update were low and that drove the price up (Mappers have to eat)

Probably also the Mappers weren't motivated at all to update the maps thus the newer updated maps were lacking information & details.

Therefor it make no "cents" to update the maps every year due to the incremental updates were very little.

That probably fueled the reduction for demands to update the maps every year and many owners with COMAND only update their maps every 2 or 3 years or none at all.

Imagine driving along Marina Bay and the COMAND Navi said you were off course and no roads around or

driving into the KPE Tunnel and the COMAND show you are in the middle of the sea KNN :)

I found out that my VIN Data Code 502 indicated 3 YEARS OF MAP UPDATES FREE OF CHARGE.

When my car reached 2nd year in 2019, I requested CnC for the free maps update.

After some ding dong thru emails, finally I got a call from 1 of their SA in Pandan to bring my car in for the free maps updates

Probably I threatened to complain to Daimler Benz :) 

This year before my car reached 3 years old, I sent it for Service A & requested for free 2020 Map updates

This time they did the free maps update without question.

I guess probably your previous W204 was FL W024 bought in 2nd half of 2011.

It was MB 125th Anniversary and all cars from CnC got free COMAND pre-installed from Class & up.

imagine your W204 came with the smaller Audio 20 lower resolution 400x200 5.8" screen as compared to the COMAND NTG4.0 -  800x480 higher resolution 7" display. I think the PFL W204 display screen was even smaller

It was big thing at that time :) 

Cheers

2 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

Almost every year there're S.E.A Maps update for COMAND.

MB used to charge an arm & leg for the COMAND features throughout S.E.A including HK.

Ending up very little car owners opt to have the COMAND option.

Thus In simple economics, unlike US & Europe the demand for maps update were low and that drove the price up (Mappers have to eat)

Probably also the Mappers weren't motivated at all to update the maps thus the newer updated maps were lacking information & details.

Therefor it make no "cents" to update the maps every year due to the incremental updates were very little.

That probably fueled the reduction for demands to update the maps every year and many owners with COMAND only update their maps every 2 or 3 years or none at all.

Imagine driving along Marina Bay and the COMAND Navi said you were off course and no roads around or

driving into the KPE Tunnel and the COMAND show you are in the middle of the sea KNN :)

I found out that my VIN Data Code 502 indicated 3 YEARS OF MAP UPDATES FREE OF CHARGE.

When my car reached 2nd year in 2019, I requested CnC for the free maps update.

After some ding dong thru emails, finally I got a call from 1 of their SA in Pandan to bring my car in for the free maps updates

Probably I threatened to complain to Daimler Benz :) 

This year before my car reached 3 years old, I sent it for Service A & requested for free 2020 Map updates

This time they did the free maps update without question.

I guess probably your previous W204 was FL W024 bought in 2nd half of 2011.

It was MB 125th Anniversary and all cars from CnC got free COMAND pre-installed from Class & up.

imagine your W204 came with the smaller Audio 20 lower resolution 400x200 5.8" screen as compared to the COMAND NTG4.0 -  800x480 higher resolution 7" display. I think the PFL W204 display screen was even smaller

It was big thing at that time :) 

Yes it was one off time last time W204 FL comes with command online, my car was late dec 2010. They ask $750 odd last time to update map, then I update it via gentlemen from HK last time I found in this forum for half price just to get the PIN that related to the car VIN. I boy did the update once and never bother with it again.

are you still into car audio also I think last time you recommend me to Cartoon Lee new Generation, now getting old ICE mod is already thing in the past. 

4 hours ago, knighthunter said:

Yes it was one off time last time W204 FL comes with command online, my car was late dec 2010. They ask $750 odd last time to update map, then I update it via gentlemen from HK last time I found in this forum for half price just to get the PIN that related to the car VIN. I boy did the update once and never bother with it again.

are you still into car audio also I think last time you recommend me to Cartoon Lee new Generation, now getting old ICE mod is already thing in the past. 

Ya! Bought my pin code from Ricky Lo too for my E250.NTG4.5 maps update.

For ICE, last IASCA competition in 2008.

Managed to get into the final but didn't do well - Job was done not by Cartoon

After that stop donating money to other ICE installers :)

Recently dumped away whatever I.C.E stuff leftovers to the garbage point

Before I retire, jump started my home audio again.

Revived most of my equipment for

1. home audio system 2. "simplified" my HT system 3. BMB Karaoke system.

Last system 4. Disco system in my house in Batam store room - high powered Crown Power Amp with Disco size speakers with Bass Bin :)

Recently sold my house in Batam and my housekeeper donated it to1 of  the Mosque.

With the loud disco system, the Mosque can wake up more Muslim folks in the morning to pray :)

Sold some stuff at almost giveaway prices on Carousell, gave away some foc and bought some new stuff too.

Also restarted buying vinyl too. Blame the covid for spending too much time & money surfing the net

Cheers

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Angka said:

Anyway I went to Benz line auto to get my android auto installed. 30 mins job

Happy for you!

Enjoy!

Cheers

On 11/19/2020 at 2:22 PM, snsd555 said:

@Angka is it only Android Auto? What about Apple CarPlay? Able to advise cost as well?

both, 250 + gst. actually after installing, i dont really used. think the inbuilt infotainment still better. for android is even worse, it is not even full screen. 

19 hours ago, Angka said:

both, 250 + gst. actually after installing, i dont really used. think the inbuilt infotainment still better. for android is even worse, it is not even full screen. 

Is it a software update with your existing infotainment head unit or new head unit or added in a multimedia player to your infotainment head unit?

Cheers

On 11/21/2020 at 12:27 PM, kepiting1sg said:

Is it a software update with your existing infotainment head unit or new head unit or added in a multimedia player to your infotainment head unit?

yes, it is just software update. they just added the software module for android auto and car play into the existing infotianment

7 hours ago, Angka said:

yes, it is just software update. they just added the software module for android auto and car play into the existing infotianment

Software update is ok or rather Android Auto + Carplay features activation but I am still wondering why you cannot get full screen landscape display if I understand you correctly.

The infotainment system should be able to give you full screen auto landscape display

Cheers

On 11/19/2020 at 2:22 PM, snsd555 said:

@Angka is it only Android Auto? What about Apple CarPlay? Able to advise cost as well?

Boss!! my buddy went to Autosolution at ubi for his facelifted w212 coupe. Comes with backing bracket, android with apple carplay, damaged $1200 or less. Do compare the specs not the price as there many specs in the market. His android should be android 10 comes with touchscreen etc. Look for Vincent he is the boss, mentioned my name will get $5 discount.