• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Android auto for E200

Angka

15 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

Software update is ok or rather Android Auto + Carplay features activation but I am still wondering why you cannot get full screen landscape display if I understand you correctly.

The infotainment system should be able to give you full screen auto landscape display

think android auto is not optimised for W213. there is alot of complain out there. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Angka said:

think android auto is not optimised for W213. there is alot of complain out there. 

I'll try out my Indonesia Samsung Mobile using Android Auto on my W213 later and I'll update you

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I connected Android Auto for the 1st time to my W213 and it shows only about 1/2 to 3/4 screen as picture below unlike Carplay you get the full screen in landscape.

Are you getting the same for your Android Auto.

android.jpg

Cheers

20 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

I connected Android Auto for the 1st time to my W213 and it shows only about 1/2 to 3/4 screen as picture below unlike Carplay you get the full screen in landscape.

Are you getting the same for your Android Auto.

android.jpg

yes, i am getting the same =( sad. it is not optimised for Android Auto thus i say it is not worth the upgrade. 

33 minutes ago, Angka said:

yes, i am getting the same =( sad. it is not optimised for Android Auto thus i say it is not worth the upgrade. 

Since your activation includes CarPlay, change to IOS hahaha 😂 

Cheers

20 hours ago, knighthunter said:

I did my W213 car play at Elebest, after using it few days at the end I never use it. MB original system is better, now just connect back my older Iphone 7plus work as iPod permanently inside the car.

Bro,

The Android Auto we're talking about is the original MB Android Auto feature. I don't use Android Auto (Indo hp) but use Carplay (Sg hp)

Both Android Auto & Carplay came as MB original feature on my W213.

Cheers

4 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

Bro,

The Android Auto we're talking about is the original MB Android Auto feature. I don't use Android Auto (Indo hp) but use Carplay (Sg hp)

Both Android Auto & Carplay came as MB original feature on my W213.

Yup, I meant I activated Apple play at Elebest, don’t really like it. MB integration is better. I just don’t know why they never open TuneIn in MB apps. Only weather accessible. 

On 11/27/2020 at 11:02 PM, snsd555 said:

Same on my W222 bro, CarPlay is able to display full screen though. Android Auto still lagging a little behind i guess..

No it is not android auto. It is mercedes that did not make it full screen

Hi, just got a pre-owned W213 E200.  Does anyone know if C&C will entertain activating Apple CarPlay, and if yes, how much?  According to this website and some bros here, it's just a simple case of unlocking/activating it via the ODB port.  And the module is cheap from Shoppee: https://shopee.sg/search?keyword=carplay activation, looks like we can do it ourselves.  Just worried if it will screw up the whole system.  Anybody tried themselves already?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Sonique said:

Hi, just got a pre-owned W213 E200.  Does anyone know if C&C will entertain activating Apple CarPlay, and if yes, how much?  According to this website and some bros here, it's just a simple case of unlocking/activating it via the ODB port.  And the module is cheap from Shoppee: https://shopee.sg/search?keyword=carplay activation, looks like we can do it ourselves.  Just worried if it will screw up the whole system.  Anybody tried themselves already?

Thanks

If your comes with 2 x 12.3" HD dash just need to pay workshop to activate it via coding.

If analog dial with 10" display is more complicated, better check with sponsor here.