• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

my quest to become a w204 owner..

Guest ehwwong

Guest ehwwong

hi all,

been lurking around in sgmerc learning from all the laojiao and decided to go for the C200 instead. Unfortunately my quest for hunting one is rough..

today, i call up a PI located in Turf Club.. was told that a c200 was available in the showroom.. so i went all the way down (staying in east side) and was told by the SE that the c200 was driven away to another showroom.. WTF

i was quoted $130,888 for the car.... when ask when was the production date.... 2007 WTF, no parktronic, no AMG bodykits, no AMG suspension etc (got sunroof)

i have been visiting several PI's and most of them(vincar, lay auto, cybercars) do not have any C200 in stocks. Most of them, need to indent and it takes at least 8~10 weeks to reach Singapore. The thing is, my road tax for my car is expiring soon and i can't really stand the wait for so long.... :banghead:

very confused with all the different pricing, especially i noticed that most of the recent batch quoted by PI's include the AMG kit BUT partial electronic seat.. with no memory package (my wife drives too)

ok, enough ranting.. just want to share my thoughts.. still hopeful of becoming a merc owner soon.. cheers

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewC180

Why dont buy from C&C? I believe the price for C200 is around there. Plus C&C should be the new stock with the new mirrors.....

Buy from PI safest to buy ready stock, you won't know what will happen a few months after you've paid your deposit...

My 2 cts..

Guest ehwwong

hi NewC180,

Thank you... i went to C&C last week and was quoted a C180 for 138K ( 10% overtrade for my car) effectively, the C180 is 124K!

Was told by the SE that C200 going at $151k (10% discount for overtrading my car)... no discount, cannot nego... blah blah blah..

wow piang, this SE very stingy.. until my wife ask me, dont buy from him.. haha

i share your same sentiment.. anything can happen between 8~10 weeks, that's why i die die want ready stocks from PI

hi all,

been lurking around in sgmerc learning from all the laojiao and decided to go for the C200 instead. Unfortunately my quest for hunting one is rough..

today, i call up a PI located in Turf Club.. was told that a c200 was available in the showroom.. so i went all the way down (staying in east side) and was told by the SE that the c200 was driven away to another showroom.. WTF

i was quoted $130,888 for the car.... when ask when was the production date.... 2007 WTF, no parktronic, no AMG bodykits, no AMG suspension etc (got sunroof)

i have been visiting several PI's and most of them(vincar, lay auto, cybercars) do not have any C200 in stocks. Most of them, need to indent and it takes at least 8~10 weeks to reach Singapore. The thing is, my road tax for my car is expiring soon and i can't really stand the wait for so long.... :banghead:

very confused with all the different pricing, especially i noticed that most of the recent batch quoted by PI's include the AMG kit BUT partial electronic seat.. with no memory package (my wife drives too)

ok, enough ranting.. just want to share my thoughts.. still hopeful of becoming a merc owner soon.. cheers

Hi,

I've been lurking around for a while too.

I was at the car carnival at the F1 pit builiding on Sat, saw a c200 AVG (Sports Version) going for $124,988 (negotiable). It comes with keyless-entry, keyless-go and sunroof and seems to have memory function for both front seats (not very sure but i saw memory buttons on both front doors). OMV is quite a respectable $39k plus. The PI name is SG vehicles, and the car comes with 5-years/100,000km warranty and free servicing (free labour for five years if i understood the SE correctly!). Warranty and service are provided by ComfortDelgro (probably serviced alongside their NUTC comfort limo cabs).

I thought it was quite an attractive deal but i didn't bite as the trade in price quoted for my current ride was too low.

Then i saw another one displayed at CJ motors (seems to be a subsidiary of Cartimes) and was quoted $134,988 for the car. The car has exactly the same specs and OMV as the first one I saw. When i asked the SE why their car is priced like C&C even though their OMV is lower, he tried to BS me by saying their car has higher spec and OMV doesn't matter until 10 years later when you are going to de-register the car... sensing that he was taking me for a ride, i ended the conversation and walked away...

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Guys,

For PI why not visit our site sponsor First Automobile! :apwink:

See Kompressor aka Patrick, ex-benzer & ex-moderator.

Go pay them a visit!

They are located at Commonwealth Lane.

Go to the First Automobile folder of this forum and see some of the C200s that are available from them.

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?board=46.0

Guest NewC180

First of all, I want to clarify that I have nothing against PI, and I'm sure there are a lot of them that are doing a good and honest business. As in every other business, there are always black sheeps that taint the image of the rest of the good guys.

Howver, IMHO, if the difference is not more than 10-15% especially for a continental car like Merc/BMW/Audi, it is still better to buy from AD for better peace of mind. I was told that if you ever loose your car key, only AD will be able to order for you from Mercedes factory. Is this true? Maybe our PI sponsor can clarify on this?

Don't flame me, just my 2 cts!

Guest ehwwong

hi guys,

thank you for all the PM's... i managed to talk to a new SE from C&C.. and hopefully everything will be settle soon..

as for PI's.. i have nothing against them too! And i tend to agree to NewC180, the price difference now is just too little to justify buying from PI.. 10~15% savings is not worth it. Plus, C&C has ready stocks for AMG sports package!

Infact i was very pleased with Mr. Patrick (First Automobile) service and he is very polite too, unfortunately they didn't have ex.stocks too and like i said.. i can't stand the wait.. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to First Automobile to check out the range of vehicles.. very good prices too! class AAA !

hope to become a new C200 owner soon, cheers

hi guys,

thank you for all the PM's... i managed to talk to a new SE from C&C.. and hopefully everything will be settle soon..

as for PI's.. i have nothing against them too! And i tend to agree to NewC180, the price difference now is just too little to justify buying from PI.. 10~15% savings is not worth it. Plus, C&C has ready stocks for AMG sports package!

Infact i was very pleased with Mr. Patrick (First Automobile) service and he is very polite too, unfortunately they didn't have ex.stocks too and like i said.. i can't stand the wait.. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to First Automobile to check out the range of vehicles.. very good prices too! class AAA !

hope to become a new C200 owner soon, cheers

Do PIs get their stock from Germany or elsewhere?

Guest ehwwong

some update:

finalize today and i must say a big THANK YOU to my SE who helped to me some arrangement.

now, i wait for the new car delivery.. :tazzie: :bboyspin:

Guest east539

some update:

finalize today and i must say a big THANK YOU to my SE who helped to me some arrangement.

congrats :clap:

Guest Archer

some update:

Congratulations and welcome to the W204 family :thumbsup:

some update:

So finally u decided.. and a C200? Welcome to the club :bboyspin: :punk1: :clap:

Guest ehwwong

yeah baby, c200.. :)

thank you for all the well-wishes, i wonder how long it will take to deliver.. was told 1st week of may.. cannot wait liao.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Guest TuMMyBeaR

yeah baby, c200.. :)

thank you for all the well-wishes, i wonder how long it will take to deliver.. was told 1st week of may.. cannot wait liao.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Congrates bro.... Don't worry, good things always have to wait abit.... ;)

Cheers!