• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying a New Merc C180 (W204)

Guest kennethloh82

Guest topcow75

Hi bros and sis,

Just collected my ride this morning. Do I need to run-in the engine? My SE said no need. Just drive as per normal. But the manual indicates otherwise.

Please advise. Thanks.

Hi clear vision,

Have you collected yours?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

welcome to the club... :)

don't need to run-in lah.. most of the cars nowsday are all pre-run in from factory... feel free to drive to redline everytime... :)

Guest Clear Vision

TopCow,

Yes collected mine 11 June at 1200hrs. No need to run-in as they are suposed to be run-in liao....anyway I will drive not more than 100km and ram not more than 3000rpm for a week or two. Cos not familiar with car yet....

Guest topcow75

TopCow,

Yes collected mine 11 June at 1200hrs. No need to run-in as they are suposed to be run-in liao....anyway I will drive not more than 100km and ram not more than 3000rpm for a week or two. Cos not familiar with car yet....

clear vision,

I spotted a problem on my car during the collection which I think could be seen on the current batch of C180. Why I said that is because I noticed the 2 showroom C180 had the same problem as well. After bringing it up to my SE, we somehow concluded that it could be due to oversight during the installation of reverse sensors that was done locally.

You might want to check out underneath your rear right bumper (just opposite position of your tailpipes) if there is this small piece of "sponge" dangling under the bumper? Initially I was puzzled how come out of nowhere there was this piece of thing dangling down there. it looked so awful!!! you know what i mean? After careful check and analysis, I realised that this peice of sponge was supposed to act as a cushioning for a big plastic plate which the egde was resting on the inner part of the rear right bumper. My analysis was eventually proven correct after I sent in my car for C&C mechanic to check and have the problem rectified. They had to re-align that big plastic piece so that the "sponge" could be tucked inside the bumper and not dangling under it.

Guest Clear Vision

Hi Topcow,

Just saw yr msg and immediately checked. Yes mine also have this problem...saw the sponge dangling out... I took a Big torchlight and shone beneath.

SO what did you mean by C&C mechanic realign???

""They had to re-align that big plastic piece so that the "sponge" could be tucked inside the bumper and not dangling under it.""

Do they actually remove any parts????

By looking from below, i can kind of tuck it nicely between the plastic piece and bumper. Pls advice what did the mechnanic did before i inform C&C. Any concerns?

Thanks

Guest Clear Vision

Discovered few interesting thing on C180BE and have read the COMPLETE manual., tot you may like to know:

1) TO CLOSE AIRCON VEN. There is a aircon vent inside the glove box. When open the glove box, its on the right upper part. Its round about 50cents coin size. Turn it OFF so that the car aircon is cooler or else much aircon air is circulated there waste much energy. Unless you want to keep your "item" in glove box cooler.

2) OFF the "SURROUND LIGHT". Can be adjusted in your instrument cluster under SETTINGS, LIGHTS, SURROUND Lights so that during ON/OFF car with the Remote Control, the Head lamp WONT be ON for 40 secs. (For privacy) unless you want "stylo/manlo"

Guest NewC180

Topcow

FYI, Cup Holder at front seat S$76.51 (at back seat Original already have)

Simple plastic so expensive....hahaha

hmmm... i wonder how it looks like...

Looks like this:

23022009054.jpg

23022009056.jpg

Guest topcow75

Clear vision,

they did not remove any parts. One of the screws that was screwed onto the bumper if you noticed had a gap or at least that was what the technical advisor claimed. And so what they did was just loosen 3 screws on that plastic peice and shift it nearer to the bumper so that the "sponge" can sit in and be hidden nicely inside the bumper.

If yours can just tuck in properly then I think it should be fine.

Anything just feel free to ask.

Oh ya ... thanks for sharing the above tips...