• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying a New Merc C180 (W204)

Guest kennethloh82

Guest drift838

Sianz.. I really wanted a code 950.

Were the units c200 or were there c180 code 950s?

I wanted a c180 code 950, but since there wasn't any for booking in Dec last year (despite my repeated request); I made do with a normal c180 and topped up $8k for the AMG kit (comes with AMG body kit, 18" and CSC3 tires, AMG floormats, emblem etc)...

but moral of story still not code 950 :(

but I think C&C doesn't bring in that many c180 code 950?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

mai sian lah... i bought the last unit of the code 950... even though i didn't like the interior color (black on grey).. nothing is perfect.. at least you still can retrofit the amg kit.. but i can't change the leather color....

cheers

Guest drift838

yah man, grey v hard to maintain...

the seats gets dirty v ez.

and bcos your's sports seat with more pronounced side bolster, the crease lines come out v fast... right?

they are appearing on mine v fast as well.

The consolation I have is that I got 18" AMG rims provided, din realise that it costs so much till you mentioned the cost of fitting your C63 18". In fact I wanted the AMG 17", and C&C said that they provided 18" as standard and I had to top up if I wanna 17" (wanted more ride comfort) ???

Guest blackmercs

and bcos your's sports seat with more pronounced side bolster, the crease lines come out v fast... right?

The consolation I have is that I got 18" AMG rims provided, din realise that it costs so much till you mentioned the cost of fitting your C63 18". In fact I wanted the AMG 17", and C&C said that they provided 18" as standard and I had to top up if I wanna 17" (wanted more ride comfort) ???

I m confused here, u mean the AMG packages comes with 18" instead of 17" rims?? Someone told me is 17" leh.

Guest drift838

Mine is a AMG kit retrofit (done at C&C in Singapore). The bros with the code 950 package got all the AMG stuff fitted at the factory. It's kinda funny that I got the 18" instead right..? It thot the ride is kinda hard, but now that I knoe the 18" is so exp, I am quite happy to have gone with it :)

Guest blackmercs

Mine is a AMG kit retrofit (done at C&C in Singapore). The bros with the code 950 package got all the AMG stuff fitted at the factory. It's kinda funny that I got the 18" instead right..? It thot the ride is kinda hard, but now that I knoe the 18" is so exp, I am quite happy to have gone with it :)

Wow, congras u r so super lucky. :clap:

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Sianz.. I really wanted a code 950.

Were the units c200 or were there c180 code 950s?

I wanted a c180 code 950, but since there wasn't any for booking in Dec last year (despite my repeated request); I made do with a normal c180 and topped up $8k for the AMG kit (comes with AMG body kit, 18" and CSC3 tires, AMG floormats, emblem etc)...

but moral of story still not code 950 :(

but I think C&C doesn't bring in that many c180 code 950?

The cars that came with 950 were the C200Ks.

We don't usually bring in the 950 regardless of models. Only the C350 comes standard with 950.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Huh?!?! When did we have 18" as standard?

No such thing....

Guest TuMMyBeaR

I m confused here, u mean the AMG packages comes with 18" instead of 17" rims?? Someone told me is 17" leh.

Standard with 950 is 17".

Guest ehwwong

remember to come to our GTG this coming sunday... :)

Guest Clear Vision

Ref: C180 BE

Hi Guys:

New in this site and just signed for a New C180BE last week. My first Merc. Read many useful info here and decided to share some info.

1) Golf Bag: I try putting in my Golf Stand Bag (With driver) and it fit nicely while I was at the C&C show room. (Crazy but just want to be SURE before I signed on the dotting line). I think still can put in another Golf Bag but hv to remove the driver. My friend having C Class for last 7 years confirmed can put in 4 Golf bags BUT must remove all drivers. Hv to put 4 boston bag inside the car as boot no more room.

2) List Price: While I was C&C 2 weeks ago, Quoted price $138,888 less 12K for Trade in and less another 4 k ….total nett price = $122,888.

Plus R. sensor, R. Camera, Optik Film, original Chrome tail pipe (same as C200). No obligation to loan or their AIG insurance if don’t want to.

Guess I got a good deal. HOWEVER pls note the following, they quoted for my old car at 2.5K less than outside used car dealer cos I source around to get my old car price before I go to C&C. But 1 for 1 exchange on the day of delivery. PM me if you are serious of getting from that SE. To clarify I don’t know this SE prior.

Upon signing the Agreement Form, SE stated COE 3 bids on the form!!! Not sure what the impact? I worry SE may ask for Topup if cant get COE after 3 bids. Some friends say C&C will deliver car as they are reputable company. Anyone have any experience please? Notice on the Standard Price List its stated 6 Bids overleaf. Already not successful in the first bid on 20 May.

Cheers!!!

Guest TuMMyBeaR

I meant standard for AMG kit retrofit in Singapore by C&C, not code 950 which is done at Germany factory.

Did you ask for AMG rims? Cos the standard package doesn't cost $8k so much. The local fitted AMG kit only consist of the kit, thats it. No rims. Since you paid $8k, thats why rims were included.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Hi Guys:

New in this site and just signed for a New C180BE last week. My first Merc. Read many useful info here and decided to share some info.

1) Golf Bag: I try putting in my Golf Stand Bag (With driver) and it fit nicely while I was at the C&C show room. (Crazy but just want to be SURE before I signed on the dotting line). I think still can put in another Golf Bag but hv to remove the driver. My friend having C Class for last 7 years confirmed can put in 4 Golf bags BUT must remove all drivers. Hv to put 4 boston bag inside the car as boot no more room.

2) List Price: While I was C&C 2 weeks ago, Quoted price $138,888 less 12K for Trade in and less another 4 k ….total nett price = $122,888.

Plus R. sensor, R. Camera, Optik Film, original Chrome tail pipe (same as C200). No obligation to loan or their AIG insurance if don’t want to.

Guess I got a good deal. HOWEVER pls note the following, they quoted for my old car at 2.5K less than outside used car dealer cos I source around to get my old car price before I go to C&C. But 1 for 1 exchange on the day of delivery. PM me if you are serious of getting from that SE. To clarify I don’t know this SE prior.

Upon signing the Agreement Form, SE stated COE 3 bids on the form!!! Not sure what the impact? I worry SE may ask for Topup if cant get COE after 3 bids. Some friends say C&C will deliver car as they are reputable company. Anyone have any experience please? Notice on the Standard Price List its stated 6 Bids overleaf. Already not successful in the first bid on 20 May.

Cheers!!!

Thats a damm good deal bro, guess you must have squeezed like hell.... ;D

But such deals are over.... Lucky for you, you came in at the right time.

Promotions have been cut due to COE. As alot has been given to you, the margin for COE is lesser, hence the risk of not getting a COE.

The deal is such that C&C has the right to bid up to 3 times for COE for you. Even if you do not get it, they MAY give you a Open Cat COE with the value up to the discretion of the company.

Guest drift838

I just specified that I wanna my c180 to look like the code 950 version.

Was just told to add $8k for kit, 18" rims, floor mats, emblem; and if want 17" must top up more. (Hope I din get over charged for this)

In honest opinion, I find that CnC retrofit service and options are so much more limited that PML. For my old BMW, can retrofit M-kit, M steering/gear knob, xenon, rear LED...etc all at PML. Parts and labour cost all v reasonable. Makes me kinda miss my BMW. I guess there's different focus in co direction.

Guest topcow75

Hi Guys:

Cheers!!!

Hi clear vision,

Glad to hear that someone made the booking almost same time as me. I booked the C180 BE on the 17 May. The first bid was not successful for me as well. The reason given by my SE was that C&C didn't participate in the Cat A bidding at all due to the shoot up of the COE price.

The freebies that they will be giving you are almost exactly the same as mine except the chrome tail pipe which I later choose not go for it. I was told by my SE that if I want the chrome tail pipe, it is going to be locally installed and he will have to drive my car out to the recommended workshop which i am not comfortable. Is yours going to be installed outside as well?

Cheers

Guest TuMMyBeaR

I just specified that I wanna my c180 to look like the code 950 version.

Was just told to add $8k for kit, 18" rims, floor mats, emblem; and if want 17" must top up more. (Hope I din get over charged for this)

In honest opinion, I find that CnC retrofit service and options are so much more limited that PML. For my old BMW, can retrofit M-kit, M steering/gear knob, xenon, rear LED...etc all at PML. Parts and labour cost all v reasonable. Makes me kinda miss my BMW. I guess there's different focus in co direction.

Yup, different focus & policies.... Bo pian leh.... ::)

Guest Clear Vision

Hi Topcow75,

So can share if you get the same price as me?

When my SE told me COE 1st bid not successful, I having doubt if C&C really submit the bid. I booked on 16 May for a Black and interior very dark grey (they call it black) What yours?

On the current C180BE twin exhaust pipe, I was initially planning to install a Dual Chrome exhaust (one each) buy off the shelf from Autobacs, at 89 each x 2 = $178 but realise may not fit as the C180 twin exhaust pipe are too close (the gap). Of course can force a bit. Finally decided to take the freebie since its "original" though single exhaust. My current ride is having Twin Chrome exhaust....hehe

Guest ehwwong

hi clear vision and topcow75

:welcome: :welcome:

take a look at the W204 mod list to get a good idea what you can do with your car... :)

and of course, if you are free. Please drop by this sunday for our GTG, even you have not collect your car also welcome welcome.. i did the same when i was still waiting for delivery...

cheers!

Guest kennethloh82

Hi Clear Vision and Topcow75..

Great deal on the car you have.

Sadly, I wasnt offered a Chrome pipe which i wanted.. :(

My SE kept saying that his profit is not that much and impossible to add in the pipes.

Was and am very disheartened!!

Guest topcow75

Hi Topcow75,

So can share if you get the same price as me?

When my SE told me COE 1st bid not successful, I having doubt if C&C really submit the bid. I booked on 16 May for a Black and interior very dark grey (they call it black) What yours?

On the current C180BE twin exhaust pipe, I was initially planning to install a Dual Chrome exhaust (one each) buy off the shelf from Autobacs, at 89 each x 2 = $178 but realise may not fit as the C180 twin exhaust pipe are too close (the gap). Of course can force a bit. Finally decided to take the freebie since its "original" though single exhaust. My current ride is having Twin Chrome exhaust....hehe

Hi clear vision

Initially C&C offered 4K below what other car dealers (Lexus & kah motor) had offered for my used car. However, they were able to match after a few days of negotiation. Quoted price $138,888 less 12K for Trade in and less another 3k ….total nett price = $123,888. PML offered the best price among the car dealers. They not only able to match but on top of it add another 7K to what C&C can offer plus 12K overtrade. Too bad they didn't have the colour combination (both interior and exterior) that we want. Moreover, my CO didn't like the dakota leather seats as she finds it too "hard" and the front too plain. So I gave up on BMW320i and went for C180 BE.

The colour that we booked is paladium silver and black leather/interior.

Guest topcow75

take a look at the W204 mod list to get a good idea what you can do with your car... :)

and of course, if you are free. Please drop by this sunday for our GTG, even you have not collect your car also welcome welcome.. i did the same when i was still waiting for delivery...

cheers!

Hi ehwwong,

noted and thanks for the invitation. We'll see if we can make it.

cheers

Guest NewC180

cheers!

Hi ehwwong,

noted and thanks for the invitation. We'll see if we can make it.

cheers

topcow, don't miss the gtg, you won't regret it! stay for a while also good mah.

I've made lots of frens and hia dees here though I've joined the forums not that long ago.

Hope to see ya!

Guest Clear Vision

Hi Topcow,

Thks for the info. I also went to PML to see the 3 series, dont like the interior, look so "uncle" haha.....didnt even test drive. The SE was aggresive and offer a VERY good deal but didnt bite. Even offer Dynamic Kit FOC worth (I think he said 8K..)

Hi Ehwwong,

Thks for the Invite. Sunday at Kallang carpark F? I try to be there if free. What is GTG?

Cheers!!!