• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying a New Merc C180 (W204)

Guest kennethloh82

Guest Archer

Hi everybody,

Need some advice. I went to test drive the C180 BlueEfficiency yesterday. Liked the specs but found it a bit heavy for the engine. Now I'm thinking if I should go for the C200 instead. I was quoted $138,888 with $12,000 overtrade for the C180 and $151,888 with $13,000 overtrade for the C200.

I'll appreciate it if those who bought recently can PM me with some advice as to what sort of deals they managed to get for their C180s and C200s.

In addition, I'll also like to know the following:

1) is there any problem pairing the iphone with the headunit, whether for use as a phone, or for playing songs? I know the Merc comes with bluetooth and an aux in for MP3, but I'm not sure how well that works with the iphone; and

2) how many full size golf bags can we fit into the boot, with the driver in the bag? I'm referring to the normal 14" bags and not those tour size bags..

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Yoz, not sure abt the golf bags but Iphone works just fine with the Audio system....i have tried it and it syncs immediately.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

Hi everybody,

Need some advice. I went to test drive the C180 BlueEfficiency yesterday. Liked the specs but found it a bit heavy for the engine. Now I'm thinking if I should go for the C200 instead. I was quoted $138,888 with $12,000 overtrade for the C180 and $151,888 with $13,000 overtrade for the C200.

I'll appreciate it if those who bought recently can PM me with some advice as to what sort of deals they managed to get for their C180s and C200s.

In addition, I'll also like to know the following:

1) is there any problem pairing the iphone with the headunit, whether for use as a phone, or for playing songs? I know the Merc comes with bluetooth and an aux in for MP3, but I'm not sure how well that works with the iphone; and

2) how many full size golf bags can we fit into the boot, with the driver in the bag? I'm referring to the normal 14" bags and not those tour size bags..

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

ah WONG wu di bor??? Hi, our mod king mr.wong will handle yr case!!!

Guest kennethloh82

Wah... eveyone has a name..

Ah Wong.. Mod king...

Can advise our new pal!!

Anw.. iphone works well with the bluetooth headset.

Have never tried the aux or audio from blue tooth..

I doubt it works thou.. its only for the phone..

Btw, does anyone know when i bluetooth my phone to the MB Bluetooth, does it automatically update the MB blue tooth system with contacts on my iphone?

Or does even a normal phone able to automatically update my bluetooth system with my phone contacts..

Seems like not wrking for me!:(

Guest toledosun

Hi Archer & Kennther,

Have either of you tried playing your iphone music through the aux system? I heard that it's supposed to work right?

btw. anybody has any advice on how much I can bargain with the SE? I'm supposed to test the car with family tomorrow.

Let me know. Thanks.

Guest ACSLK

All the best for the test drive man.......if the C200 price is not much of a difference from the C180, go for C200 man......... :clap:

:rockon:

cheers

Guest kennethloh82

For me, wasnt really successful in getting a bargain..

Its quite standard and SOP!

Prolly give u additional stuffs instead.. I guess thats what i did and they gave!

Sigh.. Or did i get axed?? :(

I wld suggest the C200 although I drive the C180..

C180 now is a 1.6l and i dun think its power enuff!

Gd luck on signing on the dotted line!

Guest richardtaysh

When I bot my C200, there's still ex-stock for C180 (1.8 L) and C180 Blue Eff. Considering the slight price difference, I took the C200.

My C&C SE is quite prompt with her service. She had provided rather good indication on timing. E.g. after successful COE bidding, when they'll register the car, the installation of solar film, making the insurance payments, etc.

In all quite efficient leh. From COE bid to collection is about 1 week.

Guest toledosun

All,

Just want to drop a note and say thanks to all who gave me advice, espeically Upandcoming. Went down twice today and finally signed the dotted line. Deal was much better than I was initially told so I guess I can't complain :-)

They're out of blacks until end June so I'll be collecting my car then. :thumbsup:

Guest topcow75

All,

Just want to drop a note and say thanks to all who gave me advice, espeically Upandcoming. Went down twice today and finally signed the dotted line. Deal was much better than I was initially told so I guess I can't complain :-)

They're out of blacks until end June so I'll be collecting my car then. :thumbsup:

So which one did you get? C180 or C200?

Guest upandcoming

All,

So which one did you get? C180 or C200?

haha he got a c200 i believe =)

dan, did u get with tanned leather?

Guest garf

Hi guys,

I was at the showroom today to test drive the C180 BE.. Was quoted net net $117+K after the finance booster and cash rebate (based on 70% loan).. Can bite? Got to revert by tomorrow as according to SE, price adjusting on Mon.. :death:

Btw, their valuation for my current ride is on average better than some other ADs alike....

Thks in advance for the advice.. Cheers! :)

Guest LeeCH

Was at MBC last week together with a schoolmate. Test drive started with a C180 BE followed by a C200K. I did not drive on both occasion as I was trying to poison my buddy into getting one for himself. Was a passenger on both rides. My feel is that the C180 BE is a value buy and good upgrade for first time continental upgrade from non-continental cars. 1.6L Category A COE (lately Cat A more $ than Cat B) and also 1.6L Road Tax. Really a good value buy.

Engineering wise is marvelous as a 1.6L engine can push out the same performance as a 1.8L engine. But during the test ride (not drive), I can feel that the car is sluggish and noisy as the car needs to work harder. I have tested the C180 (Non BE) sometime last year and it was nowhere struggling like that. My buddy concluded with me that C200 is a better car.

Yes its true, received a call from SE this noon that price increase on Monday due to higher COE now. Cheers! :)

Guest toledosun

All,

I got the C200 in the end, black with black leather. Thought the combination, with the chrome, looked the sportiest. I didn't get the one with the brown leather which was very popular (they had a nice name for it but my wife and I didn't like that colour).

Test drove both the C180 and C200 with my wife, SE and 2 kids in the car. Found that along the expressway, the C180's engine sounded a bit "busier" because of the load. In addition, felt that with the C180, I was depressing the accelerator a bit harder, compared with the C200. Nothing major, but given that I'm the sort who enjoy a relaxed drive, felt that would irritate me in the long run.

BTW, a nice touch in the C200 was the fact that the steering wheeel's height and reach adjustment are electronic as well, not just the seats. Forgot to ask her if the steering wheel's adjustment are also locked in when you use the memory function :-).

Garf, your price is a good deal since my best from the SE was about $123k. Does yours include the cash back from the bank loan? If so, be aware that it's not free. You are charged a higher interest rate for it (I believe it's about 3.2% versus 2.68% without). In addition, if you sell the car before the end of the loan period, you will have to repay the cash back on a pro-rated basis so....

For the C200, they have an option installed, a reverse camera worth about $1.8k. I got that thrown in, together with a golf bag :-) so overall... I'm happy !

Guest kennethloh82

Hi Toledosun,

How much did u get the C200 in the end?

Congrats to your new ride!

Hi LeeCH,

The SE always love to say that and every week, the prices just keep going down..

The very nxt week after I bought my car, the price went down..

Geez!

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Hi Toledosun,

How much did u get the C200 in the end?

Congrats to your new ride!

Hi LeeCH,

The SE always love to say that and every week, the prices just keep going down..

The very nxt week after I bought my car, the price went down..

Geez!

Yup, adjustments from Mon onwards.

C180K nett is $129K and C200K nett is $142K.

Guest toledosun

Hi Kenneth, I paid $135,888 plus I had a good overtrade for my car ( they matched the best offer from the other dealers ).

I was also told about the price increase, they had a meeting on Friday n will be raising on Monday. VW had already raised their price. Only BMW is keeping their 318 cheap ($108k). Believe price for c180 going up by 4k so...

Guest TuMMyBeaR

no more 10% financial booster? otherwise, i go jump down my house liao... barely 1 month, the price drop more than 10k....

Where got drop by 10k? Your car has AMG which cost $8,100 more leh. Cannot compared to standard car price....

Price up, not down...

Guest drift838

when I bought my c class in Dec last year, SE told me that AMG code 950 is only on indent basis, and hence is 6 mths wait and not entitled to fin booster or any promotional offer. Is this the case? Seems that the bros with code 950 here gotten the discounts as well and just needed to top up $8.1k for the amg package.... If that's the case, I should have gone for code 950 :(

Guest TuMMyBeaR

when I bought my c class in Dec last year, SE told me that AMG code 950 is only on indent basis, and hence is 6 mths wait and not entitled to fin booster or any promotional offer. Is this the case? Seems that the bros with code 950 here gotten the discounts as well and just needed to top up $8.1k for the amg package.... If that's the case, I should have gone for code 950 :(

Hi there... Thats correct.... 950 is on indent basis only. But sometimes we may bring in 1 or 2 units, but SE will not know in advance.

In this case, there were a total of 4 units that came in April/May. (if you had booked in Dec, it would have arrived around that time too).

So it was classified as existing stock. The price of $8,100 is the same whether its indent or ex-stock.