• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying a New Merc C180 (W204)

Guest kennethloh82

Guest colrc

bought w204 C200. no regrets! up the ECU, headers, exhaust, 19" wheels, etc. shiok! BUT C63 even better, yah? There will always be something better. Buy the best you can afford and don't lament. :clap:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

bought w204 C200. no regrets! up the ECU, headers, exhaust, 19" wheels, etc. shiok! BUT C63 even better, yah? There will always be something better. Buy the best you can afford and don't lament. :clap:

It's not a matter of affordability when making that decision and laments about it later.

When U thought it doesn't make "common sense" to pay "so much" for "so little extras"

and later to find out that "these little extras" actually "meant much more" to U.

I've thrown in >$20K extras to the W203 C180 - not only up the ECU

but even changing to the C230 supercharger, Pulley Kit, bi-xenons, full Lorinser BodyKit,

Lorinser exhaust, Brabus Wheels, etc.,

Owning a C63 is a different kettle of fish.

I can well afford a C63 but that's not a car that I would wanna own at that kind of price.

BTW Currently I m into my 4th Merc & I've no regret over a stock FL W211.

Guest angela

C180 - 156 bhp C200 - 183 bhp

C180 - 195/60R16 89V C200 - 205/55 R16 91V Lower profile tires

C200 - Full Memory Seat

Parktronic

Batam Cheem - Bought W203 C180 - thought should have bought C200

CKlasse - Bought W203 C180 - thought should have bought C200

SillyWilly - Bought W203 C180 - thought should have bought C200

Echodeltax - Bought W204 C180 - thought should have bought C200

NewC180 - Bought W204 C180 - thought should have bought C200

Lai! Lai! Lai! More honest feedbacks from the C Class community!!!! :evlaugh:

Guest Raskie

Owning a C63 is a different kettle of fish.

I can well afford a C63 but that's not a car that I would wanna own at that kind of price.

wah .. unker you the 'CAN' .. me also 'can' ... can dream onli ... wahahahaha :bboyspin:

but for some buyers that few Ks do make the difference ... not because they dun wan a higher spec model ... but in all honesty, I also agree the 200 is the better deal ...

Guest kepiting1sg

Aiyah! Dun say dream onli lah!

U are probably still young and has many good years ahead.

When U grow older, these kind of cars might still appear to U or might not.

IMHO

If a few Ks do make a diff. maybe still can consider a bigger or longer loan period.

Quite a few of us has made "a not very wise" decision & we sincerely hope

others do not make it too.

Guest nightfly

In my case I had a great deal for the C180K last year - came to under 111k on the road but the deal did not extend to the C200K which would've cost at least 30k more so it was a no brainer. I've learnt to live with and actually enjoy the C180. Been parking fine without the Parktronic. Don't really need memory seats as I'm the only driver for my ride. The 225/45 R17 tires look and feel great to me .... I guess I can easily rationalise satisfaction ;)

But I do agree that if one can afford the extra $$ a C200K would be great ... it always is ... no end one lah ... >:D

Guest Raskie

Aiyah! Dun say dream onli lah!

U are probably still young and has many good years ahead.

When U grow older, these kind of cars might still appear to U or might not.

unker ... me past the hill .. now tumbling rapidly into the deep deep ravine ... wahahaha ... qualify to drive cabrio without bandara .. since no more hair to have 'messy hair' worry ! :clap:

i know some pple die die must have brand new but with limited $$$ so have to settle for 'downgrade' la ... but others who dun mind 'pre-loved' have more choices ...

yes - coming to such forums to suss-out the pro/con before buying is great ... when i was buying my earlier cars, no such forums le or the lack of the web ...

bro ken, go for the C200 ! or if u keen, there's a pre-loved C280 too ... kekeke .. more shiokadoo ..

C200 - Full Memory Seat

Parktronic

Add Pia: Bought W204 C200, wondered if he could have just settled for C180 and saved some $. After all the bros' feedback, is wondering no more! :clap: :bboyspin:

BTW, just curious, is the steering wheel adjustment auto or manual on the C180?

Guest echodeltax

C200 - Full Memory Seat

Parktronic

Add Pia: Bought W204 C200, wondered if he could have just settled for C180 and saved some $. After all the bros' feedback, is wondering no more! :clap: :bboyspin:

BTW, just curious, is the steering wheel adjustment auto or manual on the C180?

Is manual for C180. What about your C200 is auto one??

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Model Similarities Differences

C180K: 1.8L In-Line 4 16V 156Bhp, 230Nm (2500-4200rpm) Est. OMV: $37K (C&C)

C200K: 184Bhp, 250Nm (2800-5000rpm) Est. OMV: $42K (C&C)

C&C Standard Avantgarde

17" 5-Twin Spoke rims (225/45 R17)

No Bi-Xenon

Factory Bluetooth Carkit

Aux in Glove Compartment

6 Disc In-dash changer

Factory fitted original natural leather

Made in Germany

6 Airbags

Adaptive Brakes, Adaptive Brake Lights

C180K: Electric Adjustments of height and backrest only (Front 2 seats), Steering Manual

C200K: Full Electric Adjustments plus memory (Front 2 seats) includes reverse tilt Lt side mirror

C180K: Local Fitted 4-point reverse sensors; rear.

C200K: Factory Fitted Parktronic; 6 Sensors in front, 4 rear.

C180K Twin Black tailpipes on left rear bumper only.

C200K Factory Single Chrome tailpipe on left rear bumper only

C230 and above: Twin Chrome tailpipes on both sides of rear bumper.

Hope that is a more insightful comparisions for those who are not too sure. Of course there are a few more similarities than what is stated. Can't add everything lah, too many already. :)

Cheers,

TuMMyBeaR.

Guest Raskie

saw this in mycarforum ...

C180 - $120,000 (can still negotiate a bit)

Has everything the 320i prof has, except xenon... but standard 17" rims. OMV lower than 320i prof.

Horsepower maybe the same 156PS as 320i, but torque is 230Nm compared to 320i's 200Nm.... but its heavier... so performance wise, not much difference. 5 speed gearbox naturally cannot compare with 320's 6 speed,... but its sufficient. overall, i prefer the space and design of the C, pedal spacing does not allow left foot braking. seats are generally more comfortable than 3.

C200 - $133,000 (can still negotiate a bit)

Everything the same as C180 with 4 items more - memory seats, parktronics (C180 comes with locally fitted reverse sensor), and powered steering column adjustment (C180's is manual), and exhaust pipe has chrome tip. 184PS and 250Nm.... its marginally more powerful than C180.... in comfort mode,... dont feel much difference. But in Sport mode, the difference can be felt. Other than that, its the same as C180. For the extra $13k, i'd get the C180 and pay $8k for AMG kits (comes with 3 spoke steering wheel with pedal shifters, chrome pedal, body kits and 17" AMG rims), and still save $5k.

C230 - $153,000 (probably can negotiate somemore as take up rate is low)

Different from C200/180, is the 7Gtronic gearbox and pedal shifter on the steering (not even a cost option on the BMW). I love this 7Gtronics. Super smooth. its V6 2.5 though cannot be compared with bmw's inline 6 .... its smooth, but its different. Somewhat muted and not as exciting to drive. Maybe this is Merc's trait. The rest is the same as above.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Has everything the 320i prof has, except xenon... but standard 17" rims. OMV lower than 320i prof.

Horsepower maybe the same 156PS as 320i, but torque is 230Nm compared to 320i's 200Nm.... but its heavier... so performance wise, not much difference. 5 speed gearbox naturally cannot compare with 320's 6 speed,... but its sufficient. overall, i prefer the space and design of the C, pedal spacing does not allow left foot braking. seats are generally more comfortable than 3.

Everything the same as C180 with 4 items more - memory seats, parktronics (C180 comes with locally fitted reverse sensor), and powered steering column adjustment (C180's is manual), and exhaust pipe has chrome tip. 184PS and 250Nm.... its marginally more powerful than C180.... in comfort mode,... dont feel much difference. But in Sport mode, the difference can be felt. Other than that, its the same as C180. For the extra $13k, i'd get the C180 and pay $8k for AMG kits (comes with 3 spoke steering wheel with pedal shifters, chrome pedal, body kits and 17" AMG rims), and still save $5k.

Different from C200/180, is the 7Gtronic gearbox and pedal shifter on the steering (not even a cost option on the BMW). I love this 7Gtronics. Super smooth. its V6 2.5 though cannot be compared with bmw's inline 6 .... its smooth, but its different. Somewhat muted and not as exciting to drive. Maybe this is Merc's trait. The rest is the same as above.

Just to inform everyone that we have ran out of the C180K. Currently, only the C180K BlueEfficiency is available. List price is at $138,888.

Well say...and....not forgetting to upgrade your C180 with Kleenmann K-Box ($3800) to 200 horse....slightly better power than C200, still got balance of $1200... :clap:

Guest hwong

Well say...and....not forgetting to upgrade your C180 with Kleenmann K-Box ($3800) to 200 horse....slightly better power than C200, still got balance of $1200... :clap:

It is definitely a good buy... and dare I also add, a good and satisfying ride IMO for this class. :thumbsup:

Guest Maniac

Hi Everyone,

Whats the latest price for the C200, from C&C or PI? I know that there are a few PIs who come highly recommended in this forum. As usual, looking for good service, no hidden costs, best valued package etc etc etc. Have to satisfy all the typical kiasu traits.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kennethloh82

hi bros..

finally got the C180 few weeks ago...

Decided to put the horsepower into my pockets instead :P

damn.. the wait for the new car is sooo long.. decided on it 3 weeks ago but havent got my ride :(

Does anyone knows how long it takes to get your ride?

Called my SE and all he says is its coming in tomorrow!

Called him today and he says its coming tomorrow!

why do we need to wait so long for the car?

is it a normal duration to wait for the car?

Has anyone have such experience before?

I hope its not another tomorrow if i call him again tmr!

Sigh!

I have not got such lousy service ever in buying a car!

Guest Raskie

Sigh!

I have not got such lousy service ever in buying a car!

bro, chill ... it'll come and in the meanwhile just browse around for the poison lor ... dun let this affect yr enjoyment of the new car

:)

Guest east539

3 weeks is what i was promised too... will see how it goes.

i signed the dotted line at 12th Mar & loan was approved on the same day, but it dragged until 18th Apr before my car was delivered, it took more than 1 month. better to call your SE than he/she call you. anyway just my 2 cents, they will only call you when they want to collect payment & that is what i encounter.

Guest kennethloh82

Sigh.. thats what i encountered...

the SE called me to collect the payment for the insurance and blah blah..

the rest ive got to ask him and he gives me a date which he never abide to..

Im still waiting patiently for my ride...

the SE mentioned that the car is supposed to be in last evening and will all be ready today..

but i had to call him today and he said it would only be in tonight and be ready tomorrow..

They need to tint the glass today..

Geez.. I wonder how long is this going to take..

Am definitely excited and looking forward to my wonderful ride soon!

Guest notti

i

i just test drive the c180k blue efficiency and it's pretty good for a 1.6 litre. your c200k list price at 133k is before or after the trade in promo? the price list i got today is $151888 leh

My SE quite strict, discount only in the form of 10% of the list price as overtrade.

anyone got a better offer than me?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest toledosun

Hi everybody,

Need some advice. I went to test drive the C180 BlueEfficiency yesterday. Liked the specs but found it a bit heavy for the engine. Now I'm thinking if I should go for the C200 instead. I was quoted $138,888 with $12,000 overtrade for the C180 and $151,888 with $13,000 overtrade for the C200.

I'll appreciate it if those who bought recently can PM me with some advice as to what sort of deals they managed to get for their C180s and C200s.

In addition, I'll also like to know the following:

1) is there any problem pairing the iphone with the headunit, whether for use as a phone, or for playing songs? I know the Merc comes with bluetooth and an aux in for MP3, but I'm not sure how well that works with the iphone; and

2) how many full size golf bags can we fit into the boot, with the driver in the bag? I'm referring to the normal 14" bags and not those tour size bags..

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks