• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying a New Merc C180 (W204)

Guest kennethloh82

Guest kennethloh82

Hi bros & sisters,

Am in nego with the SE at Merc.

Am offered S$128,000 for the C180. Think they are now offering optik film, reverse sensor and reverse camera.

Pls advise what would be a good price and what else can i squeeze on the SE, especially in this bad economy!

Looking forward to some advise soon!

cheers,

Kenn!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest echodeltax

Hi bros & sisters,

Am in nego with the SE at Merc.

Am offered S$128,000 for the C180. Think they are now offering optik film, reverse sensor and reverse camera.

Pls advise what would be a good price and what else can i squeeze on the SE, especially in this bad economy!

Looking forward to some advise soon!

cheers,

Kenn!!

you get better discount if you trade in your old car. the reverse sensor is standard option.

Guest turismo

There's not a very good price. With that amount I can get a 520 next door ::)(you know what I mean). Ask for more discount or if not throw in thing like $2k service voucher or AMG bodykit. Or little thing like Quad Exhaust, Sport Pedal, roof spolier, boot spolier.... this thing add up to quite a fair bit of $$$$.

As you mention times are bad so SQUEEZE...

Good luck :pray:

Guest kepiting1sg

At the GTG last Sunday, a new member turned up with a brand new C200 bought from PI at $114K.

No offense to C180 owners - I used to own a W203 C180 instead of buying a C200 which at that time cost $10K+ more.

Thought the "saving of $10K+" will be good but after buying the C180 I was longing for the C200. :banghead:

So my advice - go for a C200 and it has also better resale value than a C180, 20+ more hp and I believe more features.

Guest kennethloh82

Hi all

thx for the advise

the SE is now giving me 128999+OT of 8k + old carvalue

he is adding additional floormat, gps..

i tried asking for more but says that its the best

he also gave me rebate for my installments for another 10% of original price!!

Is there anything I can add? PLs advise

Btw myinderstanding is that c200 is a difference of 15k just for difference horsepower, auto seats and crome exhaust

Guest iactac

I am driving a W204 c200. My advice is go for c200. Worth it for that extra power. As it is, c-class is quite a heavy machine and it will be a drag to drive (and unpleasant) with lack of power, unless you do not mind personally. Go test drive c200 and you will see a difference. So, how much did the CE quote you in net....

Guest angela

after buying the C180 I was longing for the C200. :banghead:

I am driving the W203 C180. My advice- go for C200.

all of us kena played out... :'(

im also driving the w203 c180......... and yes.... the c200 will make your $ work better for u in the long run...

having fully electric seats will come in really useful if you're sharing the driver's seat with someone else who has a different position... its a bane to do it manually.

parktronic in the front will make ur parking 2 times as easier as it is now.

Guest onmove

Hi all

thx for the advise

the SE is now giving me 128999+OT of 8k + old carvalue

he is adding additional floormat, gps..

i tried asking for more but says that its the best

he also gave me rebate for my installments for another 10% of original price!!

Is there anything I can add? PLs advise

Btw myinderstanding is that c200 is a difference of 15k just for difference horsepower, auto seats and crome exhaust

I am considering to buy the C class, PI or C&C?

Guest echodeltax

Yes go for the C200!! i just got my new C180 about 2 mths, regret already. now waiting to change car.

if only i had discovered this website earlier i would definitely gotten the C200!!

It really worth every cent!!! Go for the C200!!

Guest iactac

C180 is still a nice car though. Looks wise, exactly the same with c200. So, it goes down to performance and features, which is really individual preferences.... :yumyum:

I think PI quote/display price is much lower than C&C, but it comes with a catch. The OMV is lower. I heard that the seats are fitted locally (and some other inner stuff); that's why the OMV is much lower as compared to C&C. I have no regrets going to C&C. Excellent after sales service - cos they know you're certainly going to be a MB driver for life!!

Guest Cklasse

I have no regrets going to C&C. Excellent after sales service - cos they know you're certainly going to be a MB driver for life!!

After staying with C&C for the past 9 years, I have given up on them. It's not for life.....you will soon be forgotten :death: unless you go on changing your Merc every 2-3 years. They don't seem to understand about sustaining customer's interest in the brand, only reminding you to service your car in C&C. Given the design of Volvo and Audi now, I am tempted to go over to the dark side :swduel:......or if it is going to be another Merc, it's likely to the PI. :apwink:

Guest Sareve

Cklasse ]

I have no regrets going to C&C. Excellent after sales service - cos they know you' wrote:

After staying with C&C for the past 9 years, I have given up on them. It's not for life.....you will soon be forgotten :death: unless you go on changing your Merc every 2-3 years. They don't seem to understand about sustaining customer's interest in the brand, only reminding you to service your car in C&C. Given the design of Volvo and Audi now, I am tempted to go over to the dark side :swduel:......or if it is going to be another Merc, it's likely to the PI. :apwink:

I agree, C&C service is really substandard. C&C has NEVER EVER sent my family any invites to any events. Furthermore, when the SL had a problem, they simply downplayed my complaints and handed me over to some sales rep who told me I could send my car down to check if there were any real problems. Turned out that I had to replace tons of stuff because the car was getting old. In contrast, when another one of my dad's cars had problems and I called the SE up, he immediately handed me over to the chief mechanic who then explained to me in great detail what the problems could be and how I could try to fix them on my own before bringing the car down to the workshop if I still couldn't do it. Big difference in quality of service.

On the up side, I find that Mercs are relatively problem free, compared to other European marques. Bmws especially, seem to have tons of problems -_-"

Guest kennethloh82

Hi all bros and sis

Sry for my ignorance but is the c180 semi auto seats or fully manual? Is the driver seat also manual?

forgotten to take note when i test drive

Can anyone explain in more details on the seats?

cheers

Guest echodeltax

Hi all bros and sis

Sry for my ignorance but is the c180 semi auto seats or fully manual? Is the driver seat also manual?

cheers

C180 is semi auto. move forward and back is manual. the up down, lie back forward is all auto. C200 if i am not wrong is fully auto leh!!

Get the C200 lah!! No regrets one!!

Hey, maybe can i sell you my 2mths old C180 at slightly lesser than C&C price, and i go buy a new C200. hehehe....

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi all bros and sis

cheers

C180 is semi auto. move forward and back is manual. the up down, lie back forward is all auto. C200 if i am not wrong is fully auto leh!!

Get the C200 lah!! No regrets one!!

Hey, maybe can i sell you my 2mths old C180 at slightly lesser than C&C price, and i go buy a new C200. hehehe....

C180 - 156 bhp C200 - 183 bhp

C180 - 195/60R16 89V C200 - 205/55 R16 91V Lower profile tires

C200 - Full Memory Seat

Parktronic

Batam Cheem - Bought W203 C180 - thought should have bought C200

CKlasse - Bought W203 C180 - thought should have bought C200

SillyWilly - Bought W203 C180 - thought should have bought C200

Echodeltax - Bought W204 C180 - thought should have bought C200

Lai! Lai! Lai! More honest feedbacks from the C Class community!!!! :evlaugh: