• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC 250 Owners

Paulromeotan

1 hour ago, Johs said:

Almost all the chrome area

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

Wow!  Very nice!  Almost like the night package except for the wing mirror! 

I noticed that you used matt black for all except for the window trims which is gloss?  Am I right?

Also did you also use gloss black to black out the matt silver portion of the grille louvres?

Please pm me the cost and down time if not convenient to reveal here!

I will likely go for the night package look on my amg line.  

Thanks in advance! 

On 22/09/2016 at 11:02 PM, ltajedi said:

Thanks bros. Yeah, the pricing is quite crazy. I was quoted $1800 before GST by benzline! Going to go taobao/ebay, buy it then get own mechanic to install. 

A check online shows original GLC running by AMG cost 1+k before shipping from Germany.

8 minutes ago, al66 said:

A check online shows original GLC running by AMG cost 1+k before shipping from Germany.

Is there an AMG version and a non-AMG version running board? I tthought they all looked the same. Saw pictures of the GLC 43 AMG with running board and compared with CnC unit.  Looks the same to me. 

000glc4matic.jpg

20160908_175032.jpg

12 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

Is there an AMG version and a non-AMG version running board? I tthought they all looked the same. Saw pictures of the GLC 43 AMG with running board and compared with CnC unit.  Looks the same to me. 

000glc4matic.jpg

20160908_175032.jpg

I think so too but, that was what's describe from the seller or maybe all the running board is design by amg

comand online uk has the map and pin code and hardware for local GLC....BUT...

reply from comand online..

"Hi,
we can offer you the kit to add this functionality for £200. you will
need to then take the car to your local Mercedes dealer to be coded. Then
you can buy the SD card with navigation locally.

If you would like the kit then do please come back to us.

Best wishes,"

my persistence...and they have the kind heart to reply again

"Hi,
Okay. All you need to do is to find an independent Mercedes
garage/workshop, that has a genuine Mercedes Xentry system. They will be
able to do the coding for you.

Best wishes,"

Bro here can help find this mysterious workshop with original Xenrty System

1 hour ago, al66 said:

while waiting for my ride..

got this little add on from a web shop for S$121.38/pair..$_1.JPGIMG_20160922_180453.jpg

Taobao has similar ones at a fraction of that cost i think. Have a few variation of design to choose from. 

China has it's own MB factory producing or assembling the GLC for local market albeit in LHD. MB local market share in China is quite significant. So one can easily find stock or aftermarket modification items for the various models on Taobao.

1 hour ago, al66 said:

evaluating this at the moment...

apparently they sold the most on taobaoScreen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.29.28 AM.png

Just be careful and ask the seller if RHD GLC can fit? If they don't understand,  just ask them if HK GLC can fit? Tell them which exterior line is your car. 

Cos I read that there might be slight variations between the LHD and RHD and especially the different exterior line bumpers. Some USA GLC owners bought some GLC mudflaps from China but it cannot fit due to the slight different exterior line. 

4 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Taobao has similar ones at a fraction of that cost i think. Have a few variation of design to choose from. 

China has it's own MB factory producing or assembling the GLC for local market albeit in LHD. MB local market share in China is quite significant. So one can easily find stock or aftermarket modification items for the various models on Taobao.

Genuine cost more in Taobao so got this from a US MB dealer through Ebay

It has proper heat sink and fully plug and play.

21 hours ago, al66 said:

Paiseh Bro, not S$121. I paid S257.18 w/ shippingScreen Shot 2016-09-24 at 9.50.37 PM.png

Wow,  and it is a pair only? That's really pricey for such a mod. 

If I want to change all 4 doors',  have to pay double! 

But I guess if the quality is good and the product is genuine from MB factory,  then I guess the price is justifiable.  But funny thing is that I cannot find this accessory on any of the other countries MB website. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:13 PM, Johs said:

swift garage quoted $1.5k. Installation 150

benzline, replied me in a uninterested tone. Must order! Ard 2.2k. Wtf!!!

I m actually in spare parts trade, but I don't do MB parts at all,

but most of my supplier are from UK and Italy, I have email them to help me check, once they got any news, they will email me, don't buy from them first, let me see how much they can get for me.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, al66 said:

Hi all,

Just thought of starting a thread for all GLC owners here to share their rides, experiences and modifications done.

Cheers!

1. Paulromeotan GLC 250 AMG, white

2. al66 LUX/AMG. Polar White (Booked but NOT deliver yet:D)

3.GLC250 LUXURYAMG (Obsidian black)

On 7 October 2016 at 8:06 PM, LaKopi said:

I m actually in spare parts trade, but I don't do MB parts at all,

but most of my supplier are from UK and Italy, I have email them to help me check, once they got any news, they will email me, don't buy from them first, let me see how much they can get for me.

My supplier have reply me, the part they can get for me cost is about $980.00 before GST.

already indent one set in, take about 4-5 weeks to arrive, not sure if that is the correct part or not, will update here once the side step is in.