• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC 250 Owners

Paulromeotan

My full tank can only do 450Km very not fuel efficient! 

anyone does better than this ?

my average on the computer also reads usually around 12-14l per 100km...

unless i really dont even step then i can bring it down to 10 but thats like going very very very light on e pedel

• Like 1

On 21/09/2016 at 2:34 PM, GLC250 Newbie said:

My PI uses Galactio. NOT a very good navi system imo

My car from PI also using Galactico and it is giving me a lot of problem. Will suddenly switch to Chinese word settings and calibration out of place etc.  I have been to the shop twice to reset!

is there anyway we can purchase another map and install in sd card then it can works?

appreciate all advices

On 12/31/2016 at 2:24 PM, fitnessbuff said:

My car from PI also using Galactico and it is giving me a lot of problem. Will suddenly switch to Chinese word settings and calibration out of place etc.  I have been to the shop twice to reset!

is there anyway we can purchase another map and install in sd card then it can works?

appreciate all advices

I asked my PI and they only use Galactio so I'm stuck with it - sorry can't help.

From late Feb 2016 till early December, a cool 10 months, I believe we are the same shipment, as in 2nd batch from the launch by C & C! I collected on the first week of December, stain on the chrome strips that lined the windows, probably due to water mark, waiting for replacement from Pandan workshop, andchu, do you have the same issue as me?

Old Citreon Picasso left 15 months COE, started to act up again. So finally decided to look around for SUV, surprised when i visited C&C in early Dec, no GLC on display, spoke with SE, told me queue for car delivery till April 2017! 

Not the patient type, so went to PI who has ready stock. Car came from HKG, got 2nd dec COE and now waiting for LTA inspection etc.

Was interested in the side board, Germany Mercs was offering 1K Euro while in UK was even higher, so bought from TaoBao for SGD 200+ plus another 100+ for delivery, came up to about SGD 400. This week got 50% discount on same item! Now car dealer installing for me, so hope it fits well.

Went on a buying spree using ezbuy, bought several accessories from TaoBao, will share once I start to fit into the car. Total damage about SGD 1K.

Now looking at how to screen mirror phone to screen, mainly for GPS. Personally find GPS from phones (iOS and Android, updated frequently) superior to any installed navi system. Came across this site and now checking if compatible to GLC250 by sending email to them.

https://naviks.com/c-1136681-smartphone-mirror-interface.html

4 hours ago, SH68 said:

Old Citreon Picasso left 15 months COE, started to act up again. So finally decided to look around for SUV, surprised when i visited C&C in early Dec, no GLC on display, spoke with SE, told me queue for car delivery till April 2017! 

Not the patient type, so went to PI who has ready stock. Car came from HKG, got 2nd dec COE and now waiting for LTA inspection etc.

Was interested in the side board, Germany Mercs was offering 1K Euro while in UK was even higher, so bought from TaoBao for SGD 200+ plus another 100+ for delivery, came up to about SGD 400. This week got 50% discount on same item! Now car dealer installing for me, so hope it fits well.

Went on a buying spree using ezbuy, bought several accessories from TaoBao, will share once I start to fit into the car. Total damage about SGD 1K.

Now looking at how to screen mirror phone to screen, mainly for GPS. Personally find GPS from phones (iOS and Android, updated frequently) superior to any installed navi system. Came across this site and now checking if compatible to GLC250 by sending email to them.

https://naviks.com/c-1136681-smartphone-mirror-interface.html

I wanted to mirror my iphone screen too with Apple TV but my hk glc don't Hv HDMI out/ AV out...checked with local vendor, they can do it but is quite ex so give up. 

Kindly update if u Hv a gd solution. 

reply from Naviks on compatibility to GLC250: 

"Our HDMI video interface is compatible with your vehicle but audio will have to be routed thru bluetooth since your vehicle does not have an audio AUX 3.5mm input.

Using the bluetooth audio almost always causes the video or audio to go out of SYNC meaning: 
A. Video to fast for audio.
OR 
B. Video to slow for audio.

Bluetooth method is only possible on iPhones since iPhones accept hardwire HDMI connection, audio can be routed thru bluetooth.

Android can only mirror wirelessly and can’t do both wireless and bluetooth audio at the same time."

Still studying how to find a reasonably priced solution which can at least mirror navigation on both iPhone and Android, if can have sound better but not necessary for my requirements.

On 03/01/2017 at 5:27 PM, andylkkg said:

From late Feb 2016 till early December, a cool 10 months, I believe we are the same shipment, as in 2nd batch from the launch by C & C! I collected on the first week of December, stain on the chrome strips that lined the windows, probably due to water mark, waiting for replacement from Pandan workshop, andchu, do you have the same issue as me?

I don't have the same issue. 

Hi all,

I just ordered the new GLC 250 coupe (C253) which will be coming in Feb/Mar.

I have checked and it has the option 522(AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5) in the equipment list.

Does it mean I can just buy the SD card and installed in the car and get the navigation working.

SH68, the NAVIKS cable seems to be a good solution if I can't have the Garmin Map Pilot installed into my car.

Any other C253 Owners out there? Got a couple of qns to ask....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...