• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CNC in house front & Rear Cam with parking motion

Hi,

I got my new rid recently, as usual all the free car accessories.

With a JS400 front & Rear Cam. I decided to get  it installed with

a Parking motion.

Not bad after testing on my PC. The disadvantages is car cam cannot connect WIFI with

HP. Need to get the SD card to view in computer.

Cheer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Bro,

Do you get sharp video? my dont really can clearly see surrounding except the car plate immediately in front and at the back.

Good to have the parking sensor activate only when needed, do not need to be recording 24/7. Even if camera with screen it is still better to view in PC, so do not really mind.

Hi,

I got my new rid recently, as usual all the free car accessories.

With a JS400 front & Rear Cam. I decided to get  it installed with

a Parking motion.

Not bad after testing on my PC. The disadvantages is car cam cannot connect WIFI with

HP. Need to get the SD card to view in computer.

Cheer

Bro, is parking motion the same as having your cam on when your engine is turned off??

Sorry, need clarify the parking mode. the Js-400 installed will not record during parking!

after clarify with Tomo. here is the answer

"Parking mode will required different wiring installation. By default, the DVR will be wired to be without parking mode.

If you need to have the parking mode activate, we have to rewire the DVR and there be $150 before GST charges.

As for the GPS, once your DVR is on, it will start to look for GPS and record the coordination. If you cannot see any activity in the Google map provided by the software, do drop by our office for us to check your DVR. “

And another answer from Tomo asked by another Bro in this forum

"they mention CnC does not allow them to enable it as it would void the battery warranty."

I made an enquiry to my sale agent but was told that turning on this feature is discouraged and even if I were to insist to have it installed, I will have to pay for it out of my own pocket..

Does that mean that I am short-changed??  :startle:  :startle:  :startle:

Sorry, need clarify the parking mode. the Js-400 installed will not record during parking!

after clarify with Tomo. here is the answer

"Parking mode will required different wiring installation. By default, the DVR will be wired to be without parking mode.

If you need to have the parking mode activate, we have to rewire the DVR and there be $150 before GST charges.

As for the GPS, once your DVR is on, it will start to look for GPS and record the coordination. If you cannot see any activity in the Google map provided by the software, do drop by our office for us to check your DVR. “

And another answer from Tomo asked by another Bro in this forum

"they mention CnC does not allow them to enable it as it would void the battery warranty."

yes, i have the same issue with C&C too. they say unfortunately nothing can be done at the moment for parking mode. if i choose to re-wire, even out of my own pocket, they will void the warranty. i told them then why have such in-car camera?? it defeat the whole purpose of having an in-car camera. its not just about recording when in motion but also during parking when there are these people who just brushed your car and ran off. :(

Maybe C&C should take a look at the following thread to know what drivers concerns are ... 

:mad: 

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/22382-hit-by-lorry-doing-a-reversal-parking-advice-needed/?hl=%2Binsurance+%2Bclaim#entry234594

My agent never mentioned to me about any warranty void, maybe it's just an extra service that you just have to pay out of your own pocket sadly :(

I'm also not very happy with the fact that the JS400 does not record when car is parked, for any "events" like a hit and run.

Is there anything we can do like writing a letter to C&C about that issue that lots of us are facing and all of us sign it with details like car plate numbers?

We pay premium for such Merc cars but get a low service like pay extra 150 sgd before GST + void battery warranty...

I have been exploring my options for a while now as well.

Seems like if we want to activate parking mode, it is a must to tap into the car battery which will void its warranty.

After exploring some options, Cellink B etc. It seems like Taiwan made Marbella may be the solution, not the perfect one, but as good as it can get.

I checked with the staff at the last PC Show and they mentioned that their unit has an internal battery which can be charged by the cig lighter while our car is moving. Once car is turned off, it goes into parking mode (which uses G Sensors, not motion detection) and will be activated when there is impact.

I always feel motion detection recording is not the most important because if we park in a carpark, there are always cars driving around and it keeps recording.

The model is LX5.

What do you guys think?

I don't sell Marbella nor is in any way affiliated / connected / related to them.

Get a dash cam that can shut off by itself when the battery is about to be totally drained. The wiring part is only to the fuse box and not directly to the battery. Make sure your installer do that.

Been using 1, and if the setting is set correctly, and you drive every day, it won't have enough time to drain all the battery. This way you record all the time. It will shut down when you go oversea for 3-4 night, to protect the battery from draining off.

Anyway, I wonder why draining the battery will cause warranty issue. Battery are wear and tear part and isn't covered by warranty in the first place.

• Like 1

I just got the same reply...

The car cam don't activate the parking mode as it will drain the battery hence will not be covered under warranty.

i hope i am right.

This parking motion will only be connected to the car battery for 24 to 48 hour depending on the cam setting.

I am sure it will 'cut off' after certain perimeter setting and auto stop the motion if the car had parked for a longer period.

I don't know what system C&C provides or what you guys are using. I'm personally using Power Magic Pro on all three of my in car cams. Never had any issues since day one.

Power Magic is a device that senses the remaining battery level and will cut power to the DVR if the remaining power in the battery is too low. Example if you set it to 11 volts, once the battery level crosses below 11 volts, power to the DVR will be cut. It protects the battery so that you never run out of juice to start the car.

My DVR is also smart enough to detect that the engine is turned off and will go automatically into parking mode. It'll only record when it senses movement or sound. Parking mode saves battery power and can prolong the period you can record using battery power after you turn the engine off.

I don't know what system C&C provides or what you guys are using. I'm personally using Power Magic Pro on all three of my in car cams. Never had any issues since day one.

Power Magic is a device that senses the remaining battery level and will cut power to the DVR if the remaining power in the battery is too low. Example if you set it to 11 volts, once the battery level crosses below 11 volts, power to the DVR will be cut. It protects the battery so that you never run out of juice to start the car.

My DVR is also smart enough to detect that the engine is turned off and will go automatically into parking mode. It'll only record when it senses movement or sound. Parking mode saves battery power and can prolong the period you can record using battery power after you turn the engine off.

C&C is providing me with a JS400 DVR cam. Although it has "Parking" mode recording but C&C did not include the wiring for that and discourages drivers from wiring direct to the car batt. :(

C&C is providing me with a JS400 DVR cam. Although it has "Parking" mode recording but C&C did not include the wiring for that and discourages drivers from wiring direct to the car batt. :(

Can easily get the wiring done outside. C&C, just like any other company will always protect themselves. If you ask them, they will also discourage you from changing your rims unless you buy from them. They will also discourage you from changing battery from outside, and suggest you get it from them. After your warranty ends, will you still pay premium to go back and service with them?

IMHO, as long as the wiring is done by a trusted workshop and mechanic, I honestly don't see any issue with tapping power from the battery. End of the day, it is a wear and tear item anyway. As long as your device can regulate and monitor the remaining power in the battery so that you don't return to a car with a flat battery, what's the issue?

• Like 1

Can easily get the wiring done outside. C&C, just like any other company will always protect themselves. If you ask them, they will also discourage you from changing your rims unless you buy from them. They will also discourage you from changing battery from outside, and suggest you get it from them. After your warranty ends, will you still pay premium to go back and service with them?

IMHO, as long as the wiring is done by a trusted workshop and mechanic, I honestly don't see any issue with tapping power from the battery. End of the day, it is a wear and tear item anyway. As long as your device can regulate and monitor the remaining power in the battery so that you don't return to a car with a flat battery, what's the issue?

Agree.. thanks for the valuable opinion. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to install new cameras at C&C.

It is included in the deal.

I plan to install a Power Magic after that, by another installer outside C&C.

Yes, abortive work. If only C&C allows such installation.

Another idea is to just take their cameras (because it is included in the package) and install outside together with a Power Magic.

Has anyone added a Power Magic AFTER installation by C&C/Tomo?

Would like to hear of any comments/feedback.