• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hit by lorry doing a reversal parking - Advice needed!

Hi Guys,

Need your urgent advice for a first time merc owner.

My driver side door was hit by a lorry doing reverse parking and he don't even noticed it (i presumed) and drove away. Managed to retrieve the video evident from the Dash Cam, but the lorry plate number is not very clear but it still possible to make up the number.

I have the driver image captured in my videos both before parking and driving away.

1. Is there anyway to find out the full detail of the lorry from the make and possible number permutation.

2. Any recommendation for a workshop to fix my driver door and the side mirror.

A sad day for me.

post-8086-0-79323300-1462700184_thumb.jpg

post-8086-0-77989800-1462700185_thumb.jpg

post-8086-0-44193300-1462700186_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

Need your urgent advice for a first time merc owner.

My driver side door was hit by a lorry doing reverse parking and he don't even noticed it (i presumed) and drove away. Managed to retrieve the video evident from the Dash Cam, but the lorry plate number is not very clear but it still possible to make up the number.

I have the driver image captured in my videos both before parking and driving away.

1. Is there anyway to find out the full detail of the lorry from the make and possible number permutation.

2. Any recommendation for a workshop to fix my driver door and the side mirror.

A sad day for me.

attachicon.gif20160508_164203_resize.jpg

attachicon.gif20160508_164528_resize.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20160508-WA0001_resize.jpg

Similar incident happened to me back in 2014. You don't any other information other than the VRN. This is what you need to do:

1) Go and make a "Hit and Run" report at the police station immediately. Bring the video with you.

2) Call and inform your insurance provider and tell them report is already made.

3) Make a report to your own insurance reporting centre. Bring the video with you.

4) Bring your car any workshop of your choice.

Why any workshop of your choice? This is a third party claim so technically you don't need to pay a cent. It is up to the workshop to claim the repair bill to the lorry's insurance. Bring the video with you. Your insurance technically has nothing to do with the case.

My advice is to go back to C&C and let C&C handle the claims and repairs for you. If C&C is an approved reporting agent for your insurance provider, better still. Just go C&C and do everything there.

Bro markcwq, Thanks!

​Just clarified with my insurance and I can do the assessment at C&C and do the claim there. Going to claim max for this really careless driver.

​As my cam didn't capture the VRN as clearly as I would like it to be, hopefully the investigation won't take too long. It's a cashcard parking so the IU should be easy for them to track the driver.

And I just installed my dash cam 2 weeks ago! 

It depends on the Insurance company, you can go direct to C&C at Pandan loop to do the insurance claim and repair.

Was told, my door need to be replaced instead of just knock it back and respray. Will cost est. 5K for the door alone! and I still need to repair the side mirror

Be warned, a real hassle if you get this type of case.

1. Report Police case for Hit n Run

2. Inform Insurance company of the case

3. Go C&C to report accident and assess damage -> if i want the repair to be fast, have to claim Own Damage until Investigation is over. I.e Pay for your own excess first! and NCD affected till case closed

4. Getting a replacement car means pay for yourself for a loan car ! daily rate...

5. Go to Traffic Police at UBI to lodge evident.

Imagine going through all this trouble and it's not your fault.

The rest is waiting game....

Lol that's the problem with C&C. They play save, so won't repair for you FOC and claim third party. As you mention, they require you to claim from your own insurance first.

For my case, I went to a third party workshop which I'm comfortable with. They were comfortable that it's a 100% sure win case so they decided to foot the bill for me, and claim third party after that (including my loss of use).

markcwq,

That's exactly what i felt about C&C. When I went to TP, the investigator told me that I have already the evident, I should be claiming third party instead.

I was puzzled by that, so it's might be the case that C&C want to play safe.

Can tell me which workshop you went to?

I did my repairs at Revol. Another reason why I went to a third party workshop I'm comfortable with is due to some of the damaged items being aftermarket installed. C&C or some authorised workshops will only install back original parts which will mean I lose on my modifications. Arrangements were made by Revol to secure the necessary components from CarbonRevo etc. Revol paid for everything in advance before the claim was finalised. Experience was as hassle free as can be, furthermore I was away for two weeks during my car's downtime. I flew the day after the incident. By the time I returned, everything has been settled for me, I just collected my car and drove off.

I was also able to verify the VRN of the vehicle I'm claiming against, and the VRN is listed in my police report. I'm guessing that's a very important criteria for any workshop to claim direct third party. None of the workshops will agree to it unless they are absolutely sure that this is a sure win case with an obvious party to claim against.

post-105-0-61752900-1462848109_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-84460400-1462848115_thumb.jpg