• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Brake pads

Deko

ATE ceramic brake pads!

Many of us are using ATE!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Just to ask the bros who are using ATE Ceramic pads, how's the performance like (ie. braking power on wet/dry roads & etc....?)

The braking power is definitely much better than the stock on wet/dry conditions.

But the most beautiful thing is that they are dust free!  Previously, I have to wash my rim every 2 - 3 days....

• Like 1

The braking power is definitely much better than the stock on wet/dry conditions.

But the most beautiful thing is that they are dust free! Previously, I have to wash my rim every 2 - 3 days....

Yup, concur. Recently changed to ATE.

So much improved over stock.. And quiet too. Should have changed it much sooner than to wait till now.. This is my 3rd change!

Is the ATE available for E-Class?

Yes! W212

Got mine from Golden Link!

Cheers

just changed to ATE Ceramic brakes! almost as good as no dust! braking power increased. Felt it abit 'heavier' than stock to step on during traffic lights.

but 1 funny thing.. there is screeching sound (not everytime.. sometimes not easy to reproduce the sound when I want to) when i tap lightly on the brakes when coming to a gradual stop. anyone has this issue before? Or issit not run-in yet?

• Like 1

just changed to ATE Ceramic brakes! almost as good as no dust! braking power increased. Felt it abit 'heavier' than stock to step on during traffic lights.

but 1 funny thing.. there is screeching sound (not everytime.. sometimes not easy to reproduce the sound when I want to) when i tap lightly on the brakes when coming to a gradual stop. anyone has this issue before? Or issit not run-in yet?

Yap, some got screening sound and some not. Do a search u will find interesting finding. My rear no sound after change though.

Yap, some got screening sound and some not. Do a search u will find interesting finding. My rear no sound after change though.

most of what I read is got a 'kok kok' sound.. not screeching leh.. more importantly, will the screeching go away after some time? :unsure:

Hi Uncle, 

You got yours at Kaki Bukit branch?

Yes!

My brakes are the stock MB brakes with X-drilled rotors.

Bought my replacement - rotors & ATE front & rear brake pads with sensors from Kaki Bukit GL.

It was a 60K km change.

Job was done by AutoSpritze

Bought the ATE front & rear

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just changed to ATE brake pads both front and back about 2 weeks back. I didn't change the rotors.

Performance wise, I don't think that it is as good as the metallic ones. the worse part is that it make screeching sound when slowing down to a halt. Very irritating.

I scanned through many articles and youtube videos... These ceramic brakes do make this sound when slowing down. To get rid of this, the brakes are supposed to be greased on the BACK (not the front portion that rub against the rotor). I sprayed some lithium grease and the sound went away. Hence, for those of you that wants to install ceramic brake pads, do remind the workshop to grease the back.

The only good thing with ceramic pads is LOW dust, not NO dust. The wheels still gets dirty if you don't clean them.

I just changed to ATE brake pads both front and back about 2 weeks back. I didn't change the rotors.

Performance wise, I don't think that it is as good as the metallic ones. the worse part is that it make screeching sound when slowing down to a halt. Very irritating.

I scanned through many articles and youtube videos... These ceramic brakes do make this sound when slowing down. To get rid of this, the brakes are supposed to be greased on the BACK (not the front portion that rub against the rotor). I sprayed some lithium grease and the sound went away. Hence, for those of you that wants to install ceramic brake pads, do remind the workshop to grease the back.

The only good thing with ceramic pads is LOW dust, not NO dust. The wheels still gets dirty if you don't clean them.

i had the screeching sound when slowing to a stop when first installed ATE brake pads..

read from bros here that some do get this sound but some don't.

Anyway, the noise eventually went away.. i do not know why... lol but i am sure i nv grease the back