• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

THE KILLER RAIN – NS Highway

Blackmercs. 4-5yrs ago I skidded in pie near exit thomson road. That day I remembered also heavy rain and I crashed at the speed of 90 - 100km. Just a tap on my acceleration and the car rotates 180 degree from the 1st lane to 3rd lane. Fortunately there is not much traffic at that time. Crashed onto a side barrier. Did the repair about 25k :(. Was puzzled how come at a normal speed will skid? I guess I tap at he wrong time bah. Similar case like yours? But I think your skid is greater than mine. However I bump my head onto the side screen.

The next crazy thing I did was 1 -2 weeks later I bought my 1st mecedes. Got accident got Mercs no accident no Merc.

Blackmercs. 4-5yrs ago I skidded in pie near exit thomson road. That day I remembered also heavy rain and I crashed at the speed of 90 - 100km. Just a tap on my acceleration and the car rotates 180 degree from the 1st lane to 3rd lane. Fortunately there is not much traffic at that time. Crashed onto a side barrier. Did the repair about 25k :(. Was puzzled how come at a normal speed will skid? I guess I tap at he wrong time bah. Similar case like yours? But I think your skid is greater than mine. However I bump my head onto the side screen.

The next crazy thing I did was 1 -2 weeks later I bought my 1st mecedes. Got accident got Mercs no accident no Merc.

Yes i m puzzled too, so guys drive safe. These few days super duper heavy rain.

i think the greatest invention made is ESP :D

Yes so is PCC!!

Lolz u guys really super when comes to Turbo blow valve discussion.

Ok we better go back to the topics "the shower rain together" i mean "killers rain".

Hahaha.... this is enlightening.... This thread suddenly kena revived... Sex sells.... this is for sure.... Guess yesterday's outing does wonders to our imagination....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Hahaha.... this is enlightening.... This thread suddenly kena revived... Sex sells.... this is for sure.... Guess yesterday's outing does wonders to our imagination....

AB...the red 1?? And the black 1???

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

• 1 month later...

@blacmercs

rarely get to see intimate sharing of accident. glad to see you made it just fine.

drive safe!

btw what do you think of the runflats vs regular tyres when it comes to wet weather ?

Thank for the kind word. I never had a chance to used run flat tyres so i couldnt comment.

Cheers

The idea of runflats is not for wet weather, it is designed to keep the vehicle going when the tyre got punctured, typically for another 100km or so

I thought is meant for run till flat?? No? Why they called it "run-flat".

Yeap when you run till "flat" aka punctured no air inside, still can continue to run for another 100km or so

Cool, i shall make a pair of running shoe from the tyres. Coz I still can go for another 100km after i m "flat".

Cool, i shall make a pair of running shoe from the tyres. Coz I still can go for another 100km after i m "flat".

lol.

I thought is meant for run till flat?? No? Why they called it "run-flat".

run-flat cos.. such tyres have a sort of skeleton structure/cushion between the rim and the outer tyre.. 

so u're supposed to get ur tyres fixed before (100km or so) u do severe damage to that structure/cushion.