• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

THE KILLER RAIN – NS Highway

please check your wiper blade, if you take a cloth or a tissue to wipe the wiper blade u may see its very black,  that is all the carbon build up from the surrounding( eg. Brake dust and carbon from vehicle exhaust) . Do clean it with alcohol , mineral spirits or oil removal.

After that see if you are expierencing the same problem.

I agree on the importance of good tyres!

I have a question.

How effective are the wipers on your Mercs?

I find that in heavy rain, even at the fastest settings, the rain still sheets down the windscreen obscuring vision.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I have cleaned the wipers but I am not sure if they are the problem.

They seem to be wiping well in normal rain but when it is very heavy the rain water sheets down the glass and the wipers cannot keep up.

The water does not bead well on the glass but spreads out and covers the glass.

Did C&C coat the glass with something when they did nanocoat?

I can also see white residue marks left by the wipers on the glass.

btw won't cleaning wiper with alcohol harden the rubber?

please check your wiper blade, if you take a cloth or a tissue to wipe the wiper blade u may see its very black,  that is all the carbon build up from the surrounding( eg. Brake dust and carbon from vehicle exhaust) . Do clean it with alcohol , mineral spirits or oil removal.

After that see if you are expierencing the same problem.

When I sent my car in last month for Nano polish by C&C , yes they did put nano coating for the glass as well.

if you are seeing white residue, the wiper might be the problem.

The carbon left at the wiper are oil based, alcohol wont harden the wiper rubber it just clean the dirts away. I am not asking you to soak the wiper in alcohol , but just wipe it with alcohol.

Just did it with medical alcohol wipes on my wiper blade yesterday and the wipes sound smoother.

I have cleaned the wipers but I am not sure if they are the problem.

They seem to be wiping well in normal rain but when it is very heavy the rain water sheets down the glass and the wipers cannot keep up.

The water does not bead well on the glass but spreads out and covers the glass.

Did C&C coat the glass with something when they did nanocoat?

I can also see white residue marks left by the wipers on the glass.

btw won't cleaning wiper with alcohol harden the rubber?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I use alcohol wipes la....Not ur kind of Alcohol, for you Old-Man, >60 yrs brandy or whiskey  is good for u.

wipe-med.jpg