• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Tyre leaking air slowly

giggss

Recently, 1 of the tyres is leaking air slowly. By about 20-40 PSI per week.

Felt the whole tyre, no nails spotted or felt. Tyre is < 2years old, about 40,000km mileage. Treadwear about 50%.. The other 3 tyres are perfect.

Anyone experience similar issue before? Or any good idea to find out which part is leaking air? Spray the foam water method to look out for bubbles?

Going up north soon, was thinking to only change all 4 tyres after returning from the trip...

I have a similar issue, but it is because the tyre slowing leaking had a puncture before and was patched by the wormy thingy. It leaks 15-20 kPa/week. So I check pressure every week to ensure it is at it's optimal

Not sure if you got your units right, but typical tyre pressure is 2.3 - 2.8 bar or 32 - 40 psi or 230kPa - 280kPa. If you are indeed losing 20-40psi/week, there is a sizeable leak somewhere. My leak rate is 10x less than yours

Thanks for replies. Sorry I got the units wrong.. should be 20-40 kPa per week..

This set of tyres have been getting nails average of 1 per month since 2014. I already lost track which tyre kenna more.. maybe this is 1 of it.. will bring to tyre shop soon

My record for getting a tyre puncture was on the way home after changing all to 4 new tyres. It was leaking 40-60kPa/ week (and quite close to side wall) and decided after a week to just change the punctured tyre to another new tyre.

The other option would be to have the adhesive applied on the inside of the tyre near the leak, with a rubber strip pasted over it. I decided to go with peace of mind and change that single tyre.

My record for getting a tyre puncture was on the way home after changing all to 4 new tyres. It was leaking 40-60kPa/ week (and quite close to side wall) and decided after a week to just change the punctured tyre to another new tyre.

The other option would be to have the adhesive applied on the inside of the tyre near the leak, with a rubber strip pasted over it. I decided to go with peace of mind and change that single tyre.

ouch! brand new kenna!!

• 6 months later...

Got my tyres changed 2 mths ago and now indicator keep showing "check tyre pressure" message. Checked, pumped and all 4 tyres are fine. Reset and the message appear again after 5 days.

Any bros have the same experience?

One of the tyres got "nailed" . Just go to any tyres shop to check all the tyres pressure and remove the nail.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I just changed 4 new tyres (with alignment) and after I drove out, I realised there was a beeping sound. It was already around 5.30pm and I decided not to turn around. There is probably some re-set that needs to be done? Anyone know how to stop the beeping sound? I drive a 2013 B200

If not I will go back to the tyre shop or CnC to get this fixed tomorrow. Thanks

I just changed 4 new tyres (with alignment) and after I drove out, I realised there was a beeping sound. It was already around 5.30pm and I decided not to turn around. There is probably some re-set that needs to be done? Anyone know how to stop the beeping sound? I drive a 2013 B200

If not I will go back to the tyre shop or CnC to get this fixed tomorrow. Thanks

Turns out the memory card for in car camera was taken out and not inserted back properly by the shop ... and just return the car back with it beeping.

Why would they remove the memory card in the first place? Got some trade secret to protect? Or frighten in case got issue and it is recorded?

Turns out the memory card for in car camera was taken out and not inserted back properly by the shop ... and just return the car back with it beeping.

Why would they remove the memory card in the first place? Got some trade secret to protect? Or frighten in case got issue and it is recorded?

Probably the latter.
  • Like 1

Servicing at cnc? Yes. They will plug out the memory card without power off causing the alarm. That time I use the star collection service encounter this.

Guess they dun wun servicing process being recorded.

• Like 1

Got my tyres changed 2 mths ago and now indicator keep showing "check tyre pressure" message. Checked, pumped and all 4 tyres are fine. Reset and the message appear again after 5 days.

Any bros have the same experience?

Look like its a sign of leakage.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports