• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w124 master piece - need advice.....

Guest clarkewan

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jameslhm

clarkewan ]

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS TO SHARE:

CHROME RINGS FOR AIR CON TURN:

mercsitems2.jpg

WHITE LED FOR CEILING AND MAP LIGHTS AND BOOT:

mercsitems3.jpg

mercsitems4.jpg

mercsitems6.jpg

PEDALS (BRAKE N ACCELERATOR - ACCELERATOR HAVEN' wrote:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/clarke1/mercsitems.jpg[/img]

CHROME BEHIND DOOR HANDLES:

mercsitems7.jpg

mercsitems8.jpg

RED LED BELOW DOORS:

mercsitems5.jpg

hahaha....

:D :D :D

bro the white light cost how much

Cool diy job clarkewan :thumbsup: I envy you guys with all that modding and stuff...

Btw, I've been looking for this wiper blade for my car; I went to AutoBacs and checked the Bosch wipers. THe salesperson there says that those blades won't fit my w124 masterpiece? ???

Is that true? Do we need a 'special' blade for our tanks or what?

And to do a quick check on the wiper blade type before going to Autobacs, I lifted the wiper arm after struggling with it for a few seconds, I had a difficult time pushing it back. It seems like the previous owner ignored the wiper arm for years. :P

So I sprayed some wd-40 on the joint before pushing it to its place.

But now whenever I pull it up, it will stand "as long as I hold it"; it won't stay still on its own; it will snap back to the windscreen.

Did I do something wrong? :banghead:

Cool diy job clarkewan :thumbsup: I envy you guys with all that modding and stuff...

Btw, I've been looking for this wiper blade for my car; I went to AutoBacs and checked the Bosch wipers. THe salesperson there says that those blades won't fit my w124 masterpiece? ???

Is that true? Do we need a 'special' blade for our tanks or what?

And to do a quick check on the wiper blade type before going to Autobacs, I lifted the wiper arm after struggling with it for a few seconds, I had a difficult time pushing it back. It seems like the previous owner ignored the wiper arm for years. :P

So I sprayed some wd-40 on the joint before pushing it to its place.

But now whenever I pull it up, it will stand "as long as I hold it"; it won't stay still on its own; it will snap back to the windscreen.

Did I do something wrong? :banghead:

our wiper can stand on its own, will snap back to the windscreen, if i'm correct, its due to the mechanical stuffs, one wiper thing la.

one thing i know its that, our wiper MUST not FAIL, i mean the mechanical side, if FAIL, its damn X, will sure burn big time!!

that's why, if remember, there isn't anymore new models with 1 wiper!!!

for the rubber, haven't change it yet, but know its damn hell of a work to change it!!, my dad's friend DIY his, and took 4hrs just to change rubber!!

use original la...

Anyone know where to get this headlamp?

DSC00007A.jpg

lately this is the cheapest so far, from ebay!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/W124-93-95-CHROME-PROJECTOR-PHARES-for-MERCEDES_W0QQitemZ290242563262QQihZ019QQcategoryZ131650QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and currently stock is low liao, no more black, or smoke type, left with chrome!!!

Hi Kelvin,

For the blade: What do you mean by "original"? Where can I find it? CnC? :P

That single arm wiper IMHO is a very innovative piece on the car; looks cool; operates cool 8.)

But burns hard when it's spoiled... :death:

Leon,

That black headlight set can make the car look very wicked, leh. What's wrong with it? LTA doesn't like black, meh :batman:

Hi Kelvin,

For the blade: What do you mean by "original"? Where can I find it? CnC? :P

That single arm wiper IMHO is a very innovative piece on the car; looks cool; operates cool 8.)

But burns hard when it's spoiled... :death:

Leon,

That black headlight set can make the car look very wicked, leh. What's wrong with it? LTA doesn't like black, meh :batman:

tye soon / premier / pas / think even propel also might have??

Y LTA, very simple reason, they will say its illegal mod!, already my current projectors are illegal liao!!!

if i have black car, will get the black projectors!!

Oh I see... Must go to those shops huh...

How to get around the yearly inspections then? Mine is due this December...

I don't have any mods on the car, Anything else I should watch out for?

Guest clarkewan

i saw a few mercs with those after market projectors headlamps...

some are for left hand drives so the lights are shining in the wrong directions which may glare other cars...

i think original headlamps still best

:D :D :D