• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w124 master piece - need advice.....

Guest clarkewan

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clarkewan ]

i' wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLUG-IN-keyless-entry-for-MERCEDES-w124-w126-w201-r107_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ013QQitemZ230231677496QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW[/url]

currently my key is going to give way soon!!

last week, it auto lock me into car! when i switch off engine!! :death:

if u r game to order, i am game....

let me know can?

we do it together??

my contact is 96777707

hahahaa.....

my name is clarke....

cheers!!!

Hi clarke,

You really game on ordering it?

I'll check it out ASAP!

Just wondering you want the squared key or the other one? Hee hee i prefer the other one.

It should be an easy P&P.

Hmmm for your HID, get projectors type and mount the HIDs la!

masterpiece rims is 15" upgrade to 17" is nice PCD is 5 X 120 for offset i m not too sure...

the meet up will be at kallang.. starts from 4.30pm @ $58 bux i think its from taiwan...

Singapore bound masterpiece are only 15" rims(dealer ways of lowering price) whereas other regions are actual spec 16"rims! The offset if i'm correct is 35 or 37. PCD not sure tot is 5x112?

Oh by the way, this month's meetup timing has been brought forward to 2pm same place! Due to F1 la!

Welcome on board clarkewan:)

Your masterpiece is white, huh... Same as mine! :clap:

Your cold start problem is exactly what happened to me within the 1-month time after I bought the car. ???

The engine temp was also hovering ard 90 and sometimes above 90; then the fan would kick in...blah blah blah

One day I had a water leak problem and that nailed my engine... Blown head gasket... :death:

Cold start problem became more frequent and jerkier within a few days time. :'(

The moral of the story: Better have the engine checked by some experienced mechs. Engine spark plug areas may be filled with water; that causes the initial misfires. And that's the sign of blown head gasket.

During the repair process, the mechanics at MBM found out that my fan clutch and water pump were kaput as well (thanks to leon and mike on the tip abt this :thumbsup:). These two things contribute to overheating problem.

They've changed the original thermostat to 71 degrees version from the 89 degrees; now the temp will be somewhat fixed ard 80 degrees no matter how heavy the traffic is.

So far, thank God, the car is doing fine.

Hopefully, your rough start problem is just a fuel damper or idle control valve thingy; that will shrink the cost of repair by 10 times :P

Btw, from which dealer did you buy your car? I hope it's not Hoe Beng... ! :censored:

Was on 225/45/17 CSC3 then swapped them to 215/45/17 Goodyear Revspec RS-02. Goodyears are quieter than the Contis. :)

T1R is Need For Speed type tyre leh bro hehehehe...

Welcome all you other W124 owners out there! :) Great to see more participants in the threads.

am on 16" and half tank only yield abt 160km

Geeze dude. Alot of city driving ? I m on 17s and my half tank is currently yielding 210-220kms with 65% city driving.

no leh..... mostly on aye, only abt 20% - 25% city.

other than being light footed, any tweaks to engine to make it more efficient???

ALL W124 owners out there pls come down to our monthly GTG this sunday afternoon.. hope to see u guys there =)

yup see u guy at the GTG

will definitely try to squeeze out time to be there.....

going for my svc-ing either today or tomorrow. anyone with more workshops to recommend and their charges?? appreciate sms details to 98440300.

many thks

bro Paddy u gona use wat oil?

car couldn't wait so had her fresh oil and filter yesterday from ah tee, opp autoban....

used the thicker shell mineral 20W40 or 50.... cant really remember. surprising, spark plugs in great condition. so far, no protest nor complains from the old lady on the oil used

ic... but shell dun seem that gd... anyway wats important is that the car is healthy...

i noe, saw the comparison chart for the engine oil.

well, next oil change 5k interval, will "upgrade" oil. going today to get the dipstick for ATF. didnt realise original broken until yesterday.