• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Collected my car

xtrocious

Anyway Huper Optic film if i don recall wrongly it has a 10 years warrenty

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

My SE also indicated on the purchase agreement that I'd get $500 voucher but instead gave me the backpack with umbrella, key holder, travel wallet. When asked, well, these are the so-called vouchers. Being a gentleman, I didn't want to demean myself as if I was greedy over the vickers.

She also sounded as if I was the lucky one to get the nano, service credits, GPS, reverse cam when everyone was getting such goodies.

Maybe some Mercedes Benz SEs are rather unprofessional.

Yup, at least my SE was very upfront in telling me what I will be getting...hahah

I had the usual welcome pack, S$3k of service credits + S$500 of vouchers (I can't remember), local reverse cam, nano package (2 visits) but no GPS as I didn't want it

If you go check it up, this is the same advice given, regardless of which part of the world you are in, for newly installed car window film

If the fella stay at Hamilton Scott's ...... Then sure jialat.... Always under shade.....
  • Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Its not that I doubt your words. Its just dont sound right to me lor.

yup....installation of such films are like that one....cos they spray lots of water to adjust and set it in. Also need the adhesive to dry out to achieve the clear vision.

Some lousy films will have wavy effects....that why its lousy. lol. Else it shold be clear and good.

• Like 1

Infratint dont give this kinda of issue for my ride. I opt for without film from see&see so as to get back $$ and save on the downtime.

u mean u can opt out and they give rebate?

Yap u got to ask yr SE to help u but u wont be getting cash back for sure.

They did. Said no need to sign anymore. So had my car registered last week. What a waste of my time!!

I signed the Ron 98 agreement when I placed my order in Sep 2013, but when I took delivery of my car, my SE said Ron 95 is okay. There is also a sticker on the petrol tank that says minimum Ron 95. So I suppose should be okay to pump then!

I signed the Ron 98 agreement when I placed my order in Sep 2013, but when I took delivery of my car, my SE said Ron 95 is okay. There is also a sticker on the petrol tank that says minimum Ron 95. So I suppose should be okay to pump then!

Don't you find it suspicious? Then why need to sign the agreement in the first place? If I were you I would insist to take back the agreement that you have signed or have it destroyed in front of you. A agreement is a contract, entirely different from a SE verbal agreement or a sticker on the petrol tank. You can still be held liable by the agreement if they so choose.

Don't you find it suspicious? Then why need to sign the agreement in the first place? If I were you I would insist to take back the agreement that you have signed or have it destroyed in front of you. A agreement is a contract, entirely different from a SE verbal agreement or a sticker on the petrol tank. You can still be held liable by the agreement if they so choose.

They said they changed the requirements to 95 and have the stickers to prove. I asked for the agreement but they claimed to have shredded it. So they will ask the manager if they could issue a letter or something...

Maybe still safer to just pump 98, better for cars too right?

and also key pouch , cash card holder....

Umbrella. A big wallet type card organiser and a bag.

well i don think these worth $500....

I just take it as a rebate since it was not told when i signed the agreement

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 2 weeks later...

They said they changed the requirements to 95 and have the stickers to prove. I asked for the agreement but they claimed to have shredded it. So they will ask the manager if they could issue a letter or something...

Maybe still safer to just pump 98, better for cars too right?

I've tried with both 95 and 98 RON. No significant difference. Currently I'm using 95 which is also cheaper of course. It's your choice though.