• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Possible Mods for the CLA200?

xtrocious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm a new owner of the polar CLA 200. Been 2 weeks since i had the car. Here are some of the issues i've learnt and hope 

to share with you guys!

Below is a picture of my car taken by ah boy from BMS. Awesome service, awesome after sales service! And most importantly awesome exhaust!

IMG_4710.jpg

I was hesitant at first because all the pictures i seen with the Fox exhaust are fitted with the AMG bumper, thus i'm afraid that i need to

replace the urban bumper first for the exhaust to fit. But ah boy assured me that it will fit perfect. Look at behold! perfect fit! I did look at

the piecha exhaust initially but i need to buy another piece of "connectors" in order to fit. further more, it cant fit the urban bumper.

Btw, for the piecha exhaust, it is only the muffler. Fox has the midpipe as well.    

Another problem i encounter was that the park assist sensors sometimes goes crazy. I went down to the service center at eunos to rectify this issue as well

as the fogging of my headlamp. To my surprise, the CSO told me that these are very common for the CLA models.

He said that because the sensor at the bumper point inwards, it will detect our oversize no. plate holder with will cause the sensor to go crazy sometimes. So he suggest

i remove it and either screw or 3M tape the plate back on the bumper without the holder. I did the latter and the issue does not arise anymore.

Secondly, the fogging of the headlamp. He said its normal and there's a "L-shaped" thing for the excess water vapour to bleed out.

Another thing i realise is that the heat shield between the engine and the cabin is quite poor. You can feel the heat under your legs after a heated run. 

I wanted to change the brakes but the inforge 19" rims i'm having now can't accommodate the AMG brakes nor the APi brakes. Well, it saves me quite alot. hahaha..

but i'm waiting for the intake system from monster tune and get my car tune all together. :)

20151030_182336.jpg

I hope my reviews helps a little. cheers!

I love the CLA. No regrets. Perfect car for me. Aggressive front end but sleek all the way to the back.  

Hi guys, I'm a new owner of the polar CLA 200. Been 2 weeks since i had the car. Here are some of the issues i've learnt and hope 

to share with you guys!

Below is a picture of my car taken by ah boy from BMS. Awesome service, awesome after sales service! And most importantly awesome exhaust!

IMG_4710.jpg

I was hesitant at first because all the pictures i seen with the Fox exhaust are fitted with the AMG bumper, thus i'm afraid that i need to

replace the urban bumper first for the exhaust to fit. But ah boy assured me that it will fit perfect. Look at behold! perfect fit! I did look at

the piecha exhaust initially but i need to buy another piece of "connectors" in order to fit. further more, it cant fit the urban bumper.

Btw, for the piecha exhaust, it is only the muffler. Fox has the midpipe as well.    

Another problem i encounter was that the park assist sensors sometimes goes crazy. I went down to the service center at eunos to rectify this issue as well

as the fogging of my headlamp. To my surprise, the CSO told me that these are very common for the CLA models.

He said that because the sensor at the bumper point inwards, it will detect our oversize no. plate holder with will cause the sensor to go crazy sometimes. So he suggest

i remove it and either screw or 3M tape the plate back on the bumper without the holder. I did the latter and the issue does not arise anymore.

Secondly, the fogging of the headlamp. He said its normal and there's a "L-shaped" thing for the excess water vapour to bleed out.

Another thing i realise is that the heat shield between the engine and the cabin is quite poor. You can feel the heat under your legs after a heated run. 

I wanted to change the brakes but the inforge 19" rims i'm having now can't accommodate the AMG brakes nor the APi brakes. Well, it saves me quite alot. hahaha..

but i'm waiting for the intake system from monster tune and get my car tune all together. :)

20151030_182336.jpg

I hope my reviews helps a little. cheers!

I love the CLA. No regrets. Perfect car for me. Aggressive front end but sleek all the way to the back.  

Bro, nice rims. Care to share where you buy these from and the cost, if possible. Thanks.